Water Claw-WOOD floors.

jstucky

Name
Jordan Stucky
Who can give me the full story on what to do/how to inspect subfloors/baseboards when using a water claw??...

I used yesterday...Pre-saturated with buckets...Dwell 15 minutes then clawed out...no soaking through the floor...believe it was wood under it...

Today used buckets and had a rainfall in basement...luckily no one was home...claw took it all out immediately and no more dripping....Did I use too much water or what??...Should I not do buckets and make a solution hose with shut off valve??

Think I ruined sub floor/carpet at all??

How do you make one of those hoses...How do you attach the quick connect to a hose???

Do you just have to use a solution hose or extract out buckets of water right away when putting down???...

***What are the solution rates as far as what to put down for how much area?*** I thought I read a gallon per 4 sq ft on residential and 1 gallon per 9 sq ft on commercial carpet?? But I thought claw did not work on glue down??

How many won't use the claw on floors with wood sub floor??
How do you know the wood or sub floor isn't going to swell??

Thanks all!

kmdineen

Name
Kevin Dineen
I use my spotting claw for pet stains, wetting the carpet to the point of needing a medium or large water claw will likely turn the job in to a water damage job requiring air movers and possibly a dehu to dry properly.
I use enough urine/odor removal product to make sure it gets to all affected areas of the carpet and pad, no more. After sufficient dwell time I set my spotter claw in the middle of the affected area and extract with my truck mount. I take my solution hose (I have a male on / off fitting on the end) and plug in a female fitting. I open the valve and direct the hot rinse water all around the claw. I move the claw around until the affected area is rinsed.
This method is effective only on small areas. Remember you are wetting the carpet and pad and the claw only removes excess water, it does not dry the area.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom