Name
Tom Monahan
Interesting concept for a break down wash pit for rugs:

5710-YE-small__68409_1475778442_1280_1280.jpg

http://www.enpac.com/portable-containment/stinger-yellow-jacket-berms/

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
Those would work but are a little difficult to get all the water to the sump pump. You will have to manually extract the water before you put it away. You could build a plywood bed underneath with a metal flange under which you could put a bottle jack. Flood the rug, let soak, then jack up slightly so the water runs off to sump pump and even Rinse with hose. For my shop, I need a 16 x 12.

Reactions: EDS

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
They actually have some different sizes available. There is a 12 x12 that would work for the majority of rugs I get. I wonder if they could custom make me one. I'll have to give them a call.

The Great Oz

Name
bryan
If you need a big one, there are tons of companies that make them in sizes for car and truck washing at pretty reasonable prices. I found a 10x20 that included an evacuation pump on sale for $600. You might get what you pay for though; I've seen a few that wouldn't hold up unless you lined the bottom with something so it wouldn't wear through.

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
Because of the limited size of my shop, I don't want to go any larger than 12x16. The largest rug I normally do is 10 x 14. Any thing larger I just refer out. I think I will stick with my idea of 2x10's and pond liner. I already have some sump pumps.

T Monahan

Supportive Member
Name
Tom Monahan
For a temporary water pit on concrete, Robert Mann has shared his idea before to many. He buys Uline poly tubes. He fills them with water and ties then off in a knot. He curls them around to make a curb. The weight traps the water inside the curb for one to soak a rug. Uline sells these tubes inexpensively for what they do quickly.

Masterblend sells a rubber pit with air inflatable curbs. They have one for sale from the ICE show that we used as a demo.

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
I would like to slope mine slightly for rinsing urine soaked rugs. I will make my frame using joist hangers to slip the 2x10's together. Place a 2x4 at the head of the pond. Place 3 sheets of plywood or OSB across the width then a 1x4 and 3 more sheets of plywood, giving me a 12x16 pit with pond liner held onto the 2x10's with clamps. When I need to dismantle it, I just pull the 2x10's out of the joist hangers, roll up the pond liner and lean the plywood again at the wall.

Reactions: T Monahan

T Monahan

Supportive Member
Name
Tom Monahan
Reactions: Nate The Great
Back
Top Bottom