Water damage stats???

RGH269

Name
Bobby Hales
Does anyone know where I can get info on this? What average loss is in dollars, types of loss etc. I remember reading somewhere once that the average loss is $1700 but that has been a while. Most of the calls I get are one or two rooms maybe a hall, from water heater, washer or dish washer and the occasional pipe leak. I am considering buying a small set up to accommodate this type of situation and what would best do the job? I am thinking 2 dehu's and 8 or 10 air movers moisture detector etc want to keep my investment under $10,000.

I was talking to a Dri-Eaze rep at Sunbelt's Swap Meet last Fri. and he said he thought I could get what I need for that type of loss for about $5500. Input from you guys is always appreciated. I am WDR certified have taken a couple of courses over the years, but if I decide to do this I would probably take an ASD course and recommendations on that are also welcome.

Thanks

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
I agree you should be able to get 8-10 airmovers and a couple of dehumidifiers for that. Get a water claw type tool and some inspection meters and you should be good to go. I'd take structural drying class, the hands on will give you more confidence.

RGH269

Name
Bobby Hales
Thanks Richard, I already have a medium Water Claw and a Protimeter-mini they have both served my needs in these situations before. The dehu I looked at is the new LGR 7000XLI about $2200. Is the $1700 still in the ballpark for this type of loss? At the present I am looking at one or two jobs a month with hopes of getting to one a week. My insurance agent whose family owns a good sized Nationwide office said he would help me any way he can, he told me I already have the coverage for the work so I don't have to increase that at this time.

Ed

Name
Ed Prevost
Our average job in an average year is around $3500. This year it was a lot higher due to the storms we had last summer/fall. I think our average is a little higher due to the fact that we are in an area where a lot of people have 2nd homes and we get some large jobs due to people not being in the homes year round and damage going undetected for long periods of time. I wish I could tell you exactly, but all my records burned up.

Askal

RIP
Name
Al
Our average job 2010 was about 7K and jumped to 14K in 2011. I think we are back down to 7 or 8 now. That includes reconstruction also so I think 3 to 5 K for mitigation is about right.
Al

steve g

Name
steve garrett
lets just say the average is enough for every down and out construction company in my area to suddenly become disaster cleanup experts.

Askal

RIP
Name
Al
The big amen to that steve. There are at least ten new restoration companies in the last 2 years. And in a
200,000 population.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom