water in hoses

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
I noticed for a while when I use to run the CDS that I would have water in the hose when I would disconnect and switch to another tool

I now having the same issue with the all mighty Vortex

Everything is clean... wand......filters......ect .....no blockage any where....

open for suggestions........

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
Not quite sure what your saying, Jim

"water in the hoses when changing tools"

surely you don't mean it's dripping out when the machine is running.

So I'll ASSume you mean the whip hose of your uph tool has a little bit water still in it once it's off the vac.
(or the tube of the wand)

Put a sight tube on your hose once and you'll see what's going on and the reason it happens.
The bulk of water has been evacuated, but it's not "dry" inside.
With sight tube, you'll see tiny rivulets of moisture or a sheeting of moisture clinging to the side being sucked in the direction of the vac.

That is the moisture/water your seeing drip out when you change tools

..L.T.A.

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
sorry I did not explain

Example :.I took the hose off of the wand today so I could switch it over to the stair tool When I removed the hose water poured out of the end of the wand that the hose connects to as I sat it down not just a little drip but a fair amount

This problem started happening with the CDS before I shut it down so that tells me that it must be something that I am doing to have the same problem on both machines I just cant figure it out..

Like I said everything is clean and clear

Thanks...............

G

There has to be something wrong because mine doesn't do that and we have the same size blower. Are you running filter less?

Dave

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
I removed my outside filters and run off the SS filters in the tank ( Both wrapped in a nylon) Both are clean........ hoses are clear........wand is clear....

I always ran a filter on the CDS

To tell the truth I wasn't to surprised to see it happen on the CDS it does not have the suction the Vortex has But I was really surprised to see it with the Vortex today........

Scott Rogers

When was the last time you ran a rag through your hoses? You will get build up of fiber hair etc. especially if you get a tooth pick or stick wedged in the line. Run a rag down the hose ones a week or so to clear out the lines and allow the air to flow with less restrictions. just make sure you have your filter in so the rag doesn't go all the way to the tank.

Mikey P

Administrator
Check the SS pipes inside your waste tank while you at it.

I am willing to bet you have a plug/ restriction some where..

Have you checked to see if it's both hoses that do this?

Also I noticed that you are running the plastic 90º elbows at your tank. I switched to Galvy ones due to the larger opening.

fittings.jpg

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
OK I ran a rag threw the hose (twice) clean and clear nothing came out but the rag...........(twice)

I removed the hose from the blower to the hook up on the floor and stuck a garden hose down it and flushed it out..nothing...clean and clear

I removed the plastic elbow off the waste tank and inspected it and the pipe

nothing clean and clear............

I also noticed today that there was more water build up at the end of the wand.......

any ideas ??????

also do you think it would benefit running more ridged pipe from the waste tank to the outside hook up instead of the 2' hose and get rid of the 90's and use 45's so that it is not an abrupt turn but more of a flow./

That would also open it up more like Mikes galv fitting..

Maybe pipe it in a 2 or 2 1/2 inch ABS then drop it back to the 2' outside the truck like it is now....... ?????????????

thanks

Scott Rogers

I'm kind of at a loss here Jim, I would think that 68 would evacuate all the water out of the hose with out much of a problem. Especially if there are no obstructions in the hoses.

I wonder if you have a air leak some where.

Does the air sucking through the wand sound right to you?

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
Air movement threw the wand sounds great now and then if I hold it right I get a high pitch sound so I know it is pulling as hard as it can

I agree with you I would think that the blower on this thing could pull just about anything out of the line but I cant seem to gain on the water movement.... I pull the hose off the end of that wand and water just pores out.

I get a little air leak on the cuffs but all of them leak some.. not enough to affect a blower of that size.......

I even backed my PSI down today to about 300 because of the water....

G

Jim,

That makes no sense to me. Maybe you can call Shawn at Vortex or Vlad at Aero Tech. Something has to be wrong.

Dave

G

Jim, I know you've tried just about everything, but it wouldn't hurt to try and new vac hose. Give that a shot, perhaps there's something held up in your current vac hose, air leak from a crack or something that you haven't seen. I'd give that a shot, hopefully you have some extra hose. If not, take off the last 50' connected to the wand and move it to the start of the reel.

Back
Top Bottom