Water Softener

floorguy

Supportive Member
Name
Doug
Here is how I do it:

Get a 5 gallon bucket and ad about 1/4 full of rock salt. Let sit for several hours before using.
Put transfer pump on top and put supply of transfer pump to the water softener inlet and feed the discharge side back into the bucket..... Cycle, cycle, cycle

Get rid of salt water and cycle a bucket or two of clean water, discharge this water and do not run back in..
that sounds like more of a pain then just filling with salt and letting it run fro the 15 min

Reactions: SamIam

Russ T.

Supportive Member
Name
Russ Terhaar
I've got a big blue one in my Cleanco. Ive never serviced it or any other water softener. Pretty sure it's doing nothing for me right now. I want to do a proper descale and recharge soon to get ready for Spring.

I thought I remembered Jim or someone saying we should reverse the water flow through the softener for @ 15 minutes, then fill with salt???

Is it just the crystals I get for our home softener?

...still a hack in some ways.

Dan

Supportive Member
Name
Dan
some say reverse. Some say normal. To me your getting it refined either way. Use a water hardness test kit to check.

image.jpg

Reactions: SamIam and Russ T.

GeneMiller

Name
gene miller
Did the 870 come originally with the separate filter box. They changed that to the filter inside the waste tank. That's similar to my thermal wave. Makes more sense. I'll be keeping my old filter box.

Gene

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
I would like to get one of those filter boxes for my 570...
I like the one that is on my thermal wave bether then adding a in line filter.....

GeneMiller

Name
gene miller
I customized it to fit the bumper. Definitely staying. The inside is pretty worn but should last a few more years
Then maybe I'll get a plastic one from johnshotheatexchangers.

Gene

Lance Golden

Name
Lance Golden
Hey, I was bragging about my awesome RO/DI setup...
What the...
I asked for this, specific from Thom... I love it tho... No filter in the waste tank...

Reactions: SamIam

floorguy

Supportive Member
Name
Doug
I've got a big blue one in my Cleanco. Ive never serviced it or any other water softener. Pretty sure it's doing nothing for me right now. I want to do a proper descale and recharge soon to get ready for Spring.

I thought I remembered Jim or someone saying we should reverse the water flow through the softener for @ 15 minutes, then fill with salt???

Is it just the crystals I get for our home softener?

...still a hack in some ways.
you should reverse it every other time i think the paper said....mixes the resin beads back up, other wise the water just creates channels and doesnt run over any thing to soften it...

anad yea just regular old softener salt

Reactions: Russ T.

SamIam

Name
sam miller
So if I have a Prochem how long do they last ? Do they ever need to be replaced?

And if I were to go RO what the best?

Larry Cobb

Name
Larry Cobb
I have all the RO parts, as does Lance.

RO water is a much better system, but requires more to install.

Our RO TM customers say they rinse more completely with less wand strokes.

Also good to counter Electrolysed water advertising.
Photo of our RO system:
DC534R[1].jpg

New "electrolysed green water cleaning system" is what we are working on currently.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom