Water spot treatment?

Bucey

Name
FFA?
Are there any special procedures need to clean a water spot? Or treat as normal?

Mikey P

Administrator
is the spot on your Kitchen window? Sofa? Eye glasses? Pile carpet in a home? Gluedown carpet in a biz? Your Bvds? Wool Area Rug?

Details, details..

harryhides

Name
Tony
Ryan, this is a good question and a "stain" that many cleaners treat the same as any other kind of "dirt".
It is not really a soap and water kind of "dirt".
A water spot whether it is on carpet or fabric usually exhibits as an uneven outline of the last place that dried thus concentrating everything in the original spill that could not evaporate i.e was NOT pure H2O. Things like calcium, chlorine, floride, iron oxides and minerals. I have found that the best and fastest solution is to spray some 9% Peroxide without any ammonia on the ring, blot with a towel and repeat. If it is on a fabric which may contain some natural fibers use only a 3% solution.
The reddish brown color comes primarily from the iron oxides and this is why a Rust remover will also often work just as well.
Lake water or well water probably contains some silt ( dirt ) and so be be more like a case of "wicking" in which case the rust remover will not help which is why I prefer the Peroxide route.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom