WD40

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
Willy P said:
[quote="steve frasier":1rvzz5fb]can work great on fishing bait for sturgeon and spring chinook but don't let the game warden so you do it

Jensen eggs are sitting in a jar of it. I've landed some bruisers on those and a bit of wool.
[/quote:1rvzz5fb]

who you kiddin' Skeeder Skracher?
you couldn't catch fish with DYNAMITE

..L.T.A.

Willy P

Name
Willy P
Hey! I don't go stompin' around irrigation ditches catching tadpoles and callin' en steelhead. This is about the real McCoy.

Here's last weeks derby winners:

IMGP2800.jpg

Heres what a real river looks like:

derby_water.jpg

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
hey Skeeder Skracher, here's one from a "ditch" .
You might of heard it.
It's called the Niagara River.

Landed this 36" hen a few years ago

IMG_0213.jpg

I actually caught in on the Canadian side of the river.
I didn't have a canuck license either.

when i found out it was a Canadian steelie,
I POKED IT'S EYES OUT AND THREW IT ON THE BANK

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

..L.T.A.

Willy P

Name
Willy P
meAt said:
hey Skeeder Skracher, here's one from a "ditch" .
You might of heard it.
It's called the Niagara River.

Landed this 36" hen a few years ago

IMG_0213.jpg

I actually caught in on the Canadian side of the river.
I didn't have a canuck license either.

when i found out it was a Canadian steelie,
I POKED IT'S EYES OUT AND THREW IT ON THE BANK

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

..L.T.A.

Did you eat it?

Rex Tyus

WD 40 does not rinse out readily with just water. I really hate to publicly disagree with Lee. But it doesn't. It does have a limited place in the tool box. One major problem is it can cause serious issues if allowed to penetrate the backing. There was a cleaner that went out of business several years back and I inherited his WD 40 mess. Cutomers see you using this and they think it is an all purpose spotter. I have one client that said her installer told her to use it. So she did. What a F'n mess. She used it on coke spills pet spots plant leaks.... and wondered why her brand new carpet looked like a crack house throw rug. WD stands for water displacement. Plain water will not do it. It is cheap and on occasion effective. But it does more harm than good. if you are not already using this shit regularly don't. If you are try addictions anonymous.

It don't work for shit on love bugs in Florida either. :shock:

It may work great on fish bait. I have no idea about that.

Name
Lee Stockwell
There you go, I told you...lol

Rex any good tool can be abused. WD 40 will do everything it says on the can, or on the website. However no one recommended it for "coke spills pet spots plant leaks" or the like.

Still, if you want to get out grease, carbon black, copy toner, rubber tire residue, chewing gum, many adhesives, paint, some cosmetics, it will do it, and if you can chew gum and walk at the same time it will rinse right out....at least with my machines.

You know Red Relief and Stain Magic don't work for crap. Don't believe me? Pour a couple of quarts into a pump up sprayer and try it on a greasy restaurant. Don't make me explain....

:-)
Lee

Rex Tyus

Lee, respectfully, I think you missed the point of my post. WD-40 does have limited benefits. I have no doubt you can successfully employ it as a useful spotter. My concern is the newbie that reads how wonderful it is, buys a case of it from Lowe's and starts spritzing it on everything oily or sticky. I firmly stand by my opinion it causes more damage than good over all. Yes because of the misuse but damage none the less.

It doesn't matter what type machine anyone has. The fact that WD-40 is not water miscible is constant.

Name
Lee Stockwell
...tomatoes are poisonous and bumblebees can't fly either.

Ask the judges at the Summerfest spotting contest if they noticed any residue? There wasn't any other than a little voodoo titanium dioxide and tint to repair a sodium hydroxide "miscalculation"...oops No one noticed.

We clean lots of carpets and have NO problem with WD 40, although we have a better products for some things we used to use it for. Steve Smith's Vac-Away and Steam Pros Solutions make them.

Just give it an honest try Rex. With time....

Rex Tyus

Lee I have used it in a pinch. And like I said I have cleaned up lots of it from hacks that thought it was volatile.

Before anyone takes advice from any BB post try it for yourself. WD-40 is an easy experiment. Spray it on your windshield see how easy it rinses off with just water. Spray it on your hand see how easy it rinses off with just water. Spray it on a clean shirt then wash with no detergent see if it comes out. If I am wrong by all means spray away.

Like you said Lee, there are to many good products out there to use this stuff unless you have to.

Ask the judges at the Summerfest spotting contest if they noticed any residue?

Did they check it after it had been walked on for 2 weeks.

Name
Lee Stockwell
Don't tell me you sprayed WD-40 on your windshield?

Stay out of my spotting bag... :lol: Every tool has "limited benefits" as you noted, that's why you have different tools for different jobs. Use the right one, it's magic. Use it for the wrong purpose or with the wrong technique: it's worthless, or worse (like your glass cleaning experiment).

Rex Tyus

Lee you would be surprised at the things I spray on my windshield to test.
Before an emulsifier gets used by me it has to pass the windshield test. :D

Name
Lee Stockwell
Interesting analogy.

...but flawed. Some great glass cleaners are junk on carpets. Chemical salesmen have made a livelihood out of the little tricks you can do in a saucer. However they don't usually have much bearing on a textile situation with fibers that both absorb and adsorb soils better than glass.

I've enjoyed the conversation, see you soon at one of the "fests" Rex.

Thanks,
Lee

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom