We let the customer pre vac.

Mikey P

Administrator
yeah that's a great idea. :roll:

I absolutely hate that excuse for low priced induced laziness.

This ladies carpet "looked" fine. Stanley or Snow would have jumped right into it with both jets a soaking.

Us?

We new better and filled our Bissell and Sanitaire 6 TIMES!!

lr dr mbr and 2 set or steps.

and 4 dogs.

rj003.jpg

rj004.jpg

Zee

Supportive Member
Name
I absolutely love it when they tell me the previous guy didn't vacuum!

Or.. Oh we just vacuumed this morning..and I come in and fill my "suckmop" 2times in a living room alone.(just happened on thursday) And no I don't vacuum like Mr. Happy! In other words I don't spend that much time suckmopping.....

Zee

-JB-

Name
JB
I've been known to follow them from room to room right after they vac. I just tell them that... that's what they are paying for and that it's easier to move dirt than mud so we try to get as much dry soil out as possible, they really seem to get that one.

Art Kelley

Supportive Member
Name
Rainbow Carpet And Upholstery Cleaning
rj004.jpg
[/quote]

I probably would have been compelled to vacuum that carpet also just because of the holed glide I use but that crap would have gone into the filter boxes on the SS or Hagopian trucks as it did for me when I ran an unglided wand. And if the carpet was urine soaked to boot, I too would have taken off the glide and cleaned w/o vacuuming so as to not trash my Sanitare. In the end it makes no difference which machine picks up the crap except in perception. (and cost).

Mikey P

Administrator
Art that is just the fluff, you cant see the pounds of fine dirt.

If you think a TM will get all that dirt out, you're grossly mistaken.

Art Kelley

Supportive Member
Name
It seems hard to believe that a truck mount with a huge vacuum blower wouldn't be able to pull out the fine soil that a vacuum cleaner can with it's teeny tiny vacuum motor. In any event the job always looks the same when compleated either way.

Art Kelley

Supportive Member
Name
It's like taking a bath before taking a shower. After you get dressed and splash on the Brut, who would know?

Goldenboy

Name
Mike Waldron
Art you are ranked #13th in the nation. In order to keep your ranking or improve it. You must Pre-Vac every job. I had my sources check you out and they told me you Pre-Vacced. What is going on? Are you letting the rankings go to your head?

Golden Boy

John Watson

Hey Peckerhead, Helen likes being your #1 pick, I am still reaping the benifits. I jest aint going to shows her your comments and changes. I'll jest keeps her #1 in my books!!!

Art Kelley

Supportive Member
Name
Waldo said:
Art you are ranked #13th in the nation. In order to keep your ranking or improve it. You must Pre-Vac every job. I had my sources check you out and they told me you Pre-Vacced. What is going on? Are you letting the rankings go to your head?

Golden Boy

Sorry Waldo. I was just speaking about hypotheticals. Of course I prevac. BTW, thanks for the ranking.

bob vawter

Grassy Knoller
Name
bob vawter
It's a Michigan thing Mikey....'member when you was here how well you liked it here...
our dirt is different!

Art Kelley

Supportive Member
Name
Steven Hoodlebrink said:
There's only so much solid particulate a prespray can suspend and emulsify to be extracted.

Christ even a Rug Doctor recommends vacuuming the area throughly before cleaning.

Jesus, (Merry Christmas), we're not talking about a steam cleaner with a pathetic little vacuum motor. Two or three passes with a Vortex wand with 18 flow should be sufficient for any of that loose stuff in the carpet. We can guess all we want but if we measured it (in real world situations) we would find no difference in the completed jobs.

rhyde

Name
rhyde
We did a 12x15 area and filled the dirt cup up twice honestly it didn’t look that bad …I think we may have “Ron’d it”……… spent more time vacuuming it than extracting. It sure impressed the hell out of the client seeing the dirt cup fill up.

I find that most residential vacuums are not working properly bag too full, belt shot, adjustment too high or low or it’s just a plain shitty vacuum.

-JB-

Name
JB
I find that most residential vacuums are not working properly bag too full, belt shot, adjustment too high or low or it’s just a plain shitty vacuum.

and that's the truth!

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
Mikey P said:
yeah that's a great idea. :roll:

I absolutely hate that excuse for low priced induced laziness.

This ladies carpet "looked" fine. Stanley or Snow would have jumped right into it with both jets a soaking.

Us?

We new better and filled our Bissell and Sanitaire 6 TIMES!!

lr dr mbr and 2 set or steps.

and 4 dogs.

rj003.jpg

rj004.jpg

Look at it from another angle........If you did not vacuum this up...and your machine has the balls to pick it up while you are cleaning.....before you are half way done your filters are blocked the performance of your machine has been restricted and everything starts to drop from that point..vacuum...dry times...etc

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
Art Kelley said:
It seems hard to believe that a truck mount with a huge vacuum blower wouldn't be able to pull out the fine soil that a vacuum cleaner can with it's teeny tiny vacuum motor.

it's the roll brush and/or beater bar on the vac that does it, Art
not sOOper suction

Art Kelley said:
In any event the job always looks the same when compleated either way.

I can agree with that in some ("maybe" most) situations

..L.T.A.

steve g

Name
steve garrett
rhyde said:

I find the exact same thing lots of the time, and the more money the customer spent on their vac the more they think its working, this is something WE ALL SHOULD be paying attention to when we clean, if we vac tons of stuff, their vac is not working, and what will happen is after we leave the carpets looking nice and clean, they will resoil very quickly if the customers vac is not working, I think the last thing most of us want is the customer thinking good lord I just had the carpets cleaned 3 mos ago and they look aweful again, I am emphatic the customer change their vaccing regimen if I see this happen and explain to them why, so if they choose not to the carpets resoiling isn't blamed on me, sometime you all need to see what lack of vaccing does to your own in home carpets. one time the belt was off my hoover at home, the wife uses it and it would still suck up big stuff but thats all. several months went by without me knowing, it has helped me spot carpets that are having VAC issues alot more easily.

if a guy wanted he could offer a total carpet maintenance package for the customer that would be of REAL benefit to them, the package would include a vacuum, either a bissel or a sanitare 887, and cleaning up front, then every year or 6 mos depending on what the customer chooses come back clean the carpets and do a quick check and service of the vacuum, such as change the belt etc. this way they are truely maintaining the carpets properly

Ron Werner

Name
Ron Werner
Art Kelley said:
[quote="Steven Hoodlebrink":250w2912]There's only so much solid particulate a prespray can suspend and emulsify to be extracted.

Christ even a Rug Doctor recommends vacuuming the area throughly before cleaning.

Jesus, (Merry Christmas), we're not talking about a steam cleaner with a pathetic little vacuum motor. Two or three passes with a Vortex wand with 18 flow should be sufficient for any of that loose stuff in the carpet. We can guess all we want but if we measured it (in real world situations) we would find no difference in the completed jobs.[/quote:250w2912]

This is what so many cleaners have been saying for years. And its bunk. You could have twice the truck of a V, you ain't getting that soil out wet! Some of that soil is SO fine, that the least bit of moisture will make it muddy and sticky. If you're going to flush that crap you better be prepared for 50 flow and a slow wand stroke, and even then I know you won't get it all.
Dry soil comes out much easier dry than wet! It just makes sense. And loose hairs! Get them wet and you can forget about high flow, wet hairs and lint is so damn sticky it takes multiple passes just to get it off the fibres. The only reason cleaners don't want to vacuum is that it takes extra time.

What I find so great about this thread is that its not just me saying this now. I started telling cleaners back in 95 to vacuum, they just looked at me like I was so FOS.
You can make the carpet LOOK just as clean, but it won't BE as clean.

Blue Monarch

Supportive Member
Name
Dirk Wingrove
All you high and mighty's better be post dobbing too if you're bitching about getting all the soil out.

hogjowl

Idiot™
I just don't understand how a serioul cleaner can NOT prevacuum. It's just unthinkable.

Just think of all the cleaners who won't go to Walmart and purchase a vacuum cleaner.

Do you want to be like them?

Name
Eric Valentine
I just love going in and smack the carpet with your hand, getting a nice 2 foot dust cloud after they "just spent 30 minutes vacuuming" with their $300 vacuum that has a broken belt, no airflow from being clogged, and the brushroll has about 3/4" of hair wrapped around it solid. Those are the ones where I have to empty the Bissell every 10-15 square feet.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom