We lost another one

Discussion in 'the Bird Room' started by Cleanworks, Sep 2, 2017.

1. Cleanworks
    Cleanworks

Name:
    Ron Marriott
    I don't have all the details yet, maybe never will but just found out that Ed from Pacific Mist Carpet Cleaning passed away. Apparently took his own life. I just worked with Ed cleaning the Commodore Club a couple of sundays ago, where he was telling me of the changing circumstances of his life. His wife was leaving him, he was becoming a vegetarian and trying to be more honest with his dealings with people. I could see he was struggling and another carpet cleaner and I were encouraging him in his efforts but could see he was slipping away. Most people on the board here never knew who Ed was, except for his incontrollable postings which led him to being banned at least 6 times under different assumed names. In real life, Ed was a nice guy who tried hard and wanted to be a successful, elite carpet cleaner. He bought all the right equipment and chemistry and listened to all the advice, although grudgingly sometimes, he got on Mikeys Board. He leaves behind 2 little children who will never really know their dad. If their is some type of after life, lets hope that Ed finds his place at last.

Link to gofundme page
    https://goo.gl/eJf5Y1
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 5, 2017
    Steve Lawrence likes this.
  2. Bob Pruitt
    Bob Pruitt

Name:
    Robert Pruitt
    Very sorry to hear that.
  3. Lee Stockwell
    Lee Stockwell

FOJL

Name:
    Lee Stockwell
    Ugh
  4. Chris Brown
    Chris Brown

Name:
    Chris Brown
    May he rest in peace. Sorry to hear about your friend.
  5. steve_64
    steve_64

I liked Ed, sorry te hear about this.
  6. Old Coastie
    Old Coastie

Supportive Member

Name:
    Stephen
    Always sad news.

Look guys, doing this just puts your pain on someone else. When you think all options are gone, you have at least one left: Call someone and tell them.
    Not piling on to Ed, but at least one reader is thinking about suicide too. Make that call.
  7. Mikey P
    Mikey P

Administrator

Name:
    Mike Pay-oh-tay

Fvckin A.
  8. Goomer
    Goomer

Name:
    Frank Mendo
    Never happy to hear of a fellow carpet cleaner or a fellow fisherman pass away.
    Cleanworks likes this.
  9. Mikey P
    Mikey P

Administrator

Name:
    Mike Pay-oh-tay
    I have to say, I'm feeling pretty damn.... guilty...right now...
  10. TConway
    TConway

Supportive Member

Name:
    Thomas Conway
    Life is never easy, and some it just plain consumes, pressure of trying to make the almighty dollar, can cause untold stress in family life, and turn ones that were once the best partners into the worst enemies. I have been down that dark road of wtf am I here for, I have lost everything so what is the point. Depression can make the strongest of us weak and cause our own minds to betray us. This world can be very ugly.
    I can't say that I knew Ed, but I am sad for this loss, my heart goes out to his wife as she will possibly carry this for the rest of her life, and his children, and I hope that they can heal and not let this drive them apart as life moves forward, very very sorry to hear this.
  11. Mikey P
    Mikey P

Administrator

Name:
    Mike Pay-oh-tay
    He bought your wand all because of me.

I was in my Kayak when I convinced him. Remember it every time I drive by the lake.

Screenshot_20170902-212140.png

I should have tried...
  12. TConway
    TConway

Supportive Member

Name:
    Thomas Conway
    This is very sad, I didn't realize that this was him, I had several phone calls with him, my heart goes out to his family.
    Mikey P likes this.
  13. Cleanworks
    Cleanworks

Name:
    Ron Marriott
    There is nothing any of us can do when someone decides that death is the only option for them. We can never crawl into that persons mind to see what is motivating them to take such drastic action. It usually has nothing to do with our daily interactions but more with mental illness that often goes undiagnosed. We all struggle with inner demons and most of us succeed in keeping them in check somewhat. Ed's passing has nothing to do with anything we may have said or done but more with his inability to deal with the pressures of life in general. In most things, Ed was a successful person. It should make all of us look at our family, friends and neighbors with a kinder eye, not knowing the difficulties they face deep down. Ed loved his devastator wand, one of his proudest possessions. I didn't really know Ed very well but had the privilege of working with him several times. He would drop by the shop to pick my brain and we would share a beer or 2. Unlike his online profile, he was very humble and unassuming and dedicated to becoming the best in his business. Young guy who knew he could be a bit of an ass hole but also someone who cared. Although he got banned often, he looked at it as a bit of a private joke. He always read all the posts and took advice well, though not always applying it where it could do him the most good. Hey, I wonder if I could buy that devastator wand cheap. What? Too soon?
  14. bob vawter
    bob vawter

Name:
    bob vawter
    from the way his mind worked interacting on MB...
    i'm calling bs....however
    he DID have the propensity to go to the dark side ...at times!
  15. Cleanworks
    Cleanworks

Name:
    Ron Marriott
    He was still seeking the violet flame Bawb.
  16. bob vawter
    bob vawter

Name:
    bob vawter
    well he ain't gonna get it that way......

bad juju!!!
  17. Derrick T.
    Derrick T.

Name:
    Derrick Andrew Trulson
    Huh...ed cousin got in contact with me trying to get ahold of his family. Devasted they said...prior to his suicide, he removed all of friend off the friend list except me. I am the only on left on his page friend list. I didnt even know he was on my friend list. Very odd, the cousin said. I think it is odd..

Screenshot_2017-09-03-00-34-22.png
  18. bob vawter
    bob vawter

Name:
    bob vawter
    yes...very odd!
  19. steve_64
    steve_64

The best thing anyone can do when they are hitting bottom is see a doctor. Hopefully one who understands. I went through a couple before I got someone who helped.
    Old Coastie and Mikey P like this.
  20. Mikey P
    Mikey P

Administrator

Name:
    Mike Pay-oh-tay
    @Derrick T. in my screen shot, YOU are the "local I'm willing to mentor" in his first paragraph.

He was watching you.