Well...Mr Butler Truckmounts...

todg

Name
Michael Marcus
For all you people who want to know, butler $799 program (new van every 3 years) ain't necessarily the greatest deal for a guy who does less than 20 jobs a month...However may be OK for a multi truck operation who can hold there mileage below 45K...

On another note...If your gonna whore me over to another financing company who handles the liability and entire transaction, at least give me everything you got for wanting to change trucks every 3 years...You mean the upgrade heat exchanger don't come with the package? What??? So $799 is suddenly $899 just on that note...

I do like the idea of a new truck mount and van every 3 years, but Butler plays a middleman position...They gave you the same if you leased or owned one on it's own...Just an idea...Give someone the "works" and watch your loyalty get higher...

Tax maybe the only difference as referenced in another thread here...For me (as owner/operator) it ain't shit...

Good Luck folks...

F

FB7777

You get no argument from me

As a general rule, I think leasing is a bad deal for vehicles

As it pertains to Butler , I think the sweet spot is OWNING the unit for 5-8 years and then selling it on their site quickly and then buying a new unit

Plus, having a brand new unit all the time costs you way more in Excise and Insurance .

Mikey P

Administrator
You get no argument from me

As a general rule, I think leasing is a bad deal for vehicles

As it pertains to Butler , I think the sweet spot is OWNING the unit for 5-8 years and then selling it on their site quickly and then buying a new unit

Plus, having a brand new unit all the time costs you way more in Excise and Insurance .

So when would one consider breaking that rule?

F

FB7777

Can't think of a situation where I would break the rule, but if a guy wants a shiny new Butler every three years then good for them. They'll pay up dearly for the luxury.

Business equipment, I prefer new , keep them long term ( 8 plus years )

When it comes to my personal vehicles, I'm similar.

Leasing doesn't make sense to me, it's just a financial term that sounds more sophisticated than renting

mirf

Supportive Member
Name
David Mirfin
The 45,000 miles was a big problem on the lease for me too.

Todd Millar

Name
Carpet Solutions
In 1997 when I started up my Capet biz the lease worked great for me because it was no money down and I got spend the money I had for start up on tools and supplies.
It enabled me to get out and get working without a large chunk of change coming out of my pocket.
Having a new rig every three years would be great but you have to take into account the expense of the taxes .
I like to run my vans for about 5 years before I get new rig, that way I still get a very good price for my old van.

Spurlington

Name
Spurlino
Awe bummer .. I was heading out there next week to grab 2 vans at what I thought was an amazing deal. I guess Ill reconsider .. thanks for the heads up !!

Name
Todd
Money comes in, Money goes out. Write if off on your taxes. That is what I say.

20 jobs per month? That is not very many. I have done 20 jobs in one week all by myself many times. If it is fast and efficient I could see how it would pay for itself

Russ T.

Supportive Member
Name
Russ Terhaar
Would not be a problem for me. I'm around 10k miles per year and looking to make my service area smaller. Driving doesn't pay

45k miles on a 3 year lease is pretty generous IMO
I think i COULD make it happen too. I'm paying almost that for my used Cleanco. The question becomes SHOULD I do it. Some should. These owners probably buy a lot of new cars too. I don't. I'm not better or worse, just a more frugal buyer. The original owner of almost anything is the one to take the hit. I can see the value in buying a new Butler and keeping it for like 8-10 years. 150K/year times 10 years is 1.5 MILLION in sales.

not a bad deal

Reactions: Todd Millar
Name
Todd
If you buy a new System for 60k including interest and Amortize it over 10 years then sell it for 20k it will only cost you 333 per month

If you sell it for 10k it will only cost you 416 per month

I can't let all my secrets out of the bag but if you learn how to run your numbers you will be much better off in the Long Run

It is very basic math. 60-10=50/120=416

Last edited:

hogjowl

Idiot™
I just don't want to spend all day cleaning and spend all evening wrenching. Or worse, being without a TM for two days while I take it to Atlanta for repairs. So I buy new and keep it until it starts to give me problems. I plan on keeping this new Cleanco for 5 years, or more, but if it gives me trouble, I'll get rid of it in a heart beat. Cleaners never consider the opportunity costs associated with used or old equipment.

todg

Name
Michael Marcus
I think i COULD make it happen too. I'm paying almost that for my used Cleanco. The question becomes SHOULD I do it. Some should. These owners probably buy a lot of new cars too. I don't. I'm not better or worse, just a more frugal buyer. The original owner of almost anything is the one to take the hit. I can see the value in buying a new Butler and keeping it for like 8-10 years. 150K/year times 10 years is 1.5 MILLION in sales.

not a bad deal

The real question is how much working are we talking about, and who's doing the work? I ain't getting any younger, and my business is about me...The older I get the more selective I am who I work for...LOL..I left the peanuts at the circus (at least the person I had an estimate with today)..."You mean the last gut who cleaned your tile and grout did it for $100?" "Why did you call ME, mam? "The other guy is out of business and I thought you all were priced the same." Process of elimination sometimes for me...My truckmounts rust out in 8-10 years from not being worked enough to tell you the truth...I think every 3-5 years all these machines last unless your a mechanic, or spend 1/2 your revenue on repairs...LOL...My job depends on my machinery, especially as I get older...I need the best to stop the bending, as well as the workload...

Kellie Hiler

Name
Kellie Hiler
I've got a buddy up in Loveland Colorado who sells Cleanco machines. He keeps trying to talk me into one, but honestly, direct drives kind of scare me.
I'm stuck on slide in units....

Art Kelley

Supportive Member
Name
Rainbow Carpet And Upholstery Cleaning
I've got a buddy up in Loveland Colorado who sells Cleanco machines. He keeps trying to talk me into one, but honestly, direct drives kind of scare me.
I'm stuck on slide in units....
I am the opposite; I'm stuck on D/Ds, slide-ins scare me, or the idea of one day it just won't start (and that day will come) plus a direct drive just will last for so long. I have a Cleanco dealer 14 minutes from my house and a Sapphire dealer 5 minutes from my house, so each of those are viable for me. I haven't priced units lately but with the dollar valued more than 27% over the loonie I'm sure you could get a great price on a Cleanco right now. BTW,my Pro1200 stopped running on a job today, or I should say my GM van stopped. It started up again but now it is at the local mechanic's (Goodyear dealer) for servicing. Probably needs a tune-up$$$$.

bob vawter

Grassy Knoller
Name
bob vawter
I am the opposite; I'm stuck on D/Ds, slide-ins scare me, or the idea of one day it just won't start (and that day will come) plus a direct drive just will last for so long. I have a Cleanco dealer 14 minutes from my house and a Sapphire dealer 5 minutes from my house, so each of those are viable for me. I haven't priced units lately but with the dollar valued more than 27% over the loonie I'm sure you could get a great price on a Cleanco right now. BTW,my Pro1200 stopped running on a job today, or I should say my GM van stopped. It started up again but now it is at the local mechanic's (Goodyear dealer) for servicing. Probably needs a tune-up$$$$.

it's that damn pre-spray i tell you........:evil:

Latest posts

Latest Auctions

Back
Top Bottom