Went to a flood today...

Jeremy N

Supportive Member
629.jpg

Dan

Supportive Member
Name
Dan
Funny thing is that's his story. Fact of the matter is he was drunk and fell into it then let the water run for the next 15 minutes. He is on the third floor and the other two didn't fare well. he tried to play this and get the plumbing company to cover it as a defect which is who sent me out in the first place.

FredC

Village Idiot
I guess it is possible. Can't tell from the smaller piece but maybe it started at the tank bolt. Defect? Too tight? Wouldn't take much pressure really.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
I'm no structural engineer but I did stay at a Holiday Inn recently.

I think Mr Lardass in his inebriated state slammed his big fat ass up against the tank. The bolts firmly held the bottom but the top took more stress than it was designed for. There is about 4-inches of play behind the tank where there would be no support for that kind of pressure. It snapped.

I would think there would still be coverage since it was an accident. I would exclude the part about being drunk and just go with I'm fat and stupid.

Next case! :yoda:

Dan

Supportive Member
Name
Dan
Pretty funny comments. I guess he still hasn't fessed up to falling onto it drunk but his wife has no problem with it. Deny, deny, deny. I am happy for his fat ass or dumb ass as the case may be.

Reactions: Desk Jockey

GCCLee

Supportive Member
Name
C. Lee
Crap is Sharp when it's broken!

Rule #1 of HomeOwnership
Never break the shitter!!

Ever!

Reactions: Connor

Connor

Name
Connor
I'm no structural engineer but I did stay at a Holiday Inn recently.

I think Mr Lardass in his inebriated state slammed his big fat ass up against the tank. The bolts firmly held the bottom but the top took more stress than it was designed for. There is about 4-inches of play behind the tank

There's not 4 inches of play behind a toilet tank. That just goes to show you that you have a distorted idea of what an inch is.

Your wife must love you for your personality.

I'm a jerk.

Reactions: Hoody

Dan

Supportive Member
Name
Dan
Size isn't everything right? Lol

Job all done. Pulled equipment today. 3 dehus, 5 fans, 8 total hours billed for labor and 2 1/2 days drying....not bad.

Lars

Name
Lars
I'm sure the people down stairs must be real happy.
Probably end up being individual insurance claims (if they even have insurance)

Dan

Supportive Member
Name
Dan
I'm sure the people down stairs must be real happy.
Probably end up being individual insurance claims (if they even have insurance)

Downstairs did get the bad end of the deal.... The top guy that caused it had renters insurance. I don't really care about the finances since my plumber is footing my bill and back charging to the property. The guy on the top floor was responsible for the situation but all three units have renters insurance anyways. I'm not sure exactly how they are going to work it out but not my concern anyways.

Lars

Name
Lars
That's good. I have been in that situation with condos and some buildings don't require insurance. They turned out to be individual claims because they don't take responsibility for the other units damage.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom