What are your go to green products?

J Scott W

Name
Jeffrey Scott Warrington
Great! Thanks for the feedback. My specific job I have coming is a berber. I always worry about browning and wick back. Do you think using End Zone for a extraction rinse will compromise anything if I'm using a hypoallergenic prespray?

Clarifying some terms. Hypoallergenic means there is nothing in the product that could trigger an allergic reaction. Anti-allergen either removes an allergen that is already present or it denatures (shrivels up and no longer appears to the immune system as a trigger for an allergic reaction) that allergen.

There is nothing in End Zone that would trigger an allergic reaction. But it does leave an encapsulating residue behind to slow down resoiling. Some who are very sensitive might find that objectionable. If you are cleaning for the hyper sensitive person, I would rinse with either
  • Soft water
  • Flex Ice at 1:640 dilution
  • Master Blend's anti-allergy formula.
Cobb's anti-allergy product may also fit the bill. I am not really familiar with it other than Larry's earlier post.

Reactions: Living The Dream

Doug Rice

Supportive Member
OK Tom and Scott, what about throwing a couple of air movers into all these equations. Quick dry but are we launching more allergens into the air?

Tom Forsythe

One point of clarification, as a general rule, I do not recommend any product with a distinct odor or fragrance to be used with a client who has clearly informed you of the existence of, allergies, chemical sensitivities, etc. in their home. A reaction can be real, imagined or somewhere in between. For that reason, I would not recommend the use of End Zone, Flex Ice or any product with a fragrance or characteristic odor for this situation. Use the Anti-Allergen line as that is why it was developed. I have heard report of reactions in situations where even a green product or soap free product was used. The issue is generally not the chemical, it is the person and their sensitivities.

ruff

Name
Ofer Kolton
Clarifying some terms. Hypoallergenic means there is nothing in the product that could trigger an allergic reaction. Anti-allergen either removes an allergen that is already present or it denatures (shrivels up and no longer appears to the immune system as a trigger for an allergic reaction) that allergen.

There is nothing in End Zone that would trigger an allergic reaction. But it does leave an encapsulating residue behind to slow down resoiling. Some who are very sensitive might find that objectionable. If you are cleaning for the hyper sensitive person, I would rinse with either
  • Soft water
Cobb's anti-allergy product may also fit the bill. I am not really familiar with it other than Larry's earlier post.

Actually Scott, that is inaccurate. Hypoallergenic can definitely cause an allergic reaction:

Hypoallergenic

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Hypoallergenic, meaning "below normal" or "slightly" allergenic, was a term first used in a cosmetics campaign in 1953. It is used to describe items (especially cosmetics and textiles) that cause or are claimed to cause fewer allergic reactions. Hypoallergenic pets still produce allergens, but because of their coat type, absence of fur, or absence of a gene that produces a certain protein, they typically produce fewer allergens than others of the same species. People with severe allergies and asthma may still be affected by a hypoallergenic pet.

The term lacks a medical definition, but it is in common usage and found in most standard English dictionaries. In some countries, there are allergy interest groups that provide manufacturers with a certification procedure including tests that ensure a product is unlikely to cause an allergic reaction, but such products are usually described and labeled using other but similar terms. So far, public authorities in no country provide an official certification that an item must undergo before being described as hypoallergenic.

The cosmetic industry has been trying for years to block an industry standard for use of the term; in 1975; the USFDA tried to regulate the term 'hypoallergenic", but the proposal was challenged by cosmetic companies in the United States Court of Appeals for the District of Columbia, which ruled that the regulation was invalid. Thus, cosmetic companies are not required to meet any regulations or do any testing to validate their claims.

SamIam

Name
sam miller
I like Procyon plus. Probably should get some extreme to.

I use 50 vol by Cobbs on pet stain usually dilute it down 50/50.

Saiger's free I used in a frangrace sensitive lady's house and she had no problem with it.

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
I like Procyon plus. Probably should get some extreme to.

I use 50 vol by Cobbs on pet stain usually dilute it down 50/50.

Saiger's free I used in a frangrace sensitive lady's house and she had no problem with it.
Sam, lately I have been using Extreme as my presprays and plus powder as my rinse. So far it works great. A real good 1-2 punch.

Reactions: SamIam

J Scott W

Name
Jeffrey Scott Warrington
Actually Scott, that is inaccurate. Hypoallergenic can definitely cause an allergic reaction:

Hypoallergenic

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Hypoallergenic, meaning "below normal" or "slightly" allergenic, was a term first used in a cosmetics campaign in 1953. It is used to describe items (especially cosmetics and textiles) that cause or are claimed to cause fewer allergic reactions. Hypoallergenic pets still produce allergens, but because of their coat type, absence of fur, or absence of a gene that produces a certain protein, they typically produce fewer allergens than others of the same species. People with severe allergies and asthma may still be affected by a hypoallergenic pet.

The term lacks a medical definition, but it is in common usage and found in most standard English dictionaries. In some countries, there are allergy interest groups that provide manufacturers with a certification procedure including tests that ensure a product is unlikely to cause an allergic reaction, but such products are usually described and labeled using other but similar terms. So far, public authorities in no country provide an official certification that an item must undergo before being described as hypoallergenic.

The cosmetic industry has been trying for years to block an industry standard for use of the term; in 1975; the USFDA tried to regulate the term 'hypoallergenic", but the proposal was challenged by cosmetic companies in the United States Court of Appeals for the District of Columbia, which ruled that the regulation was invalid. Thus, cosmetic companies are not required to meet any regulations or do any testing to validate their claims.

We do not recommend that any of our cleaning products be rubbed on one's hands, face or other body parts for any reason. They are not cosmetics. We do hold ourselves to a higher standard than the cosmetic industry (which has none regarding the use of this word.)

Reactions: Lee Stockwell
Name
Nate W.
We do not recommend that any of our cleaning products be rubbed on one's hands, face or other body parts for any reason. They are not cosmetics. We do hold ourselves to a higher standard than the cosmetic industry (which has none regarding the use of this word.)

Ofer provides that one service, I'll clean anything you want "ya filthy animal" including youz!!

ruff

Name
Ofer Kolton
Cute, Scott, but wrong and potentially misleading.

Your products, like many others could trigger an allergic reaction. For a starter, most of them have fragrances and the ingredients IMHO could cause an allergic reaction to people with acute sensitivity. Just say they are hypoallergenic and leave it at that.

Unless, you have proof or a certificate that guarantees no allergic reaction. If you do, please provide a link.

End Zone

Unknown acute toxicity
1.7644% of the mixture consists of ingredient(s) of unknown toxicity
The following values are calculated based on chapter 3.1 of the GHS document
ATEmix (oral)
24102 mg/kg
ATEmix (dermal)
98435 mg/kg
12. ECOLOGICAL INFORMATION
Ecotoxicity
5.8564% of the mixture consists of components(s) of unknown hazards to the aquatic environment
Chemical Name
Toxicity to algae
Toxicity to fish
Toxicity to daphnia and other
aquatic invertebrates
TETRAPOTASSIUM
PYROPHOSPHATE

dgardner

Name
Dan Gardner
Hypertension - high blood pressure
Hypotension - low blood pressure (not "no" blood pressure, thank goodness, 'cause I have it)

Almost anything can trigger a reaction in the right person.

Absolutely anything can trigger a reaction in the mind of the right person.

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
Hypertension - high blood pressure
Hypotension - low blood pressure (not "no" blood pressure, thank goodness, 'cause I have it)

Almost anything can trigger a reaction in the right person.

Absolutely anything can trigger a reaction in the mind of the right person.
Someone who has a true chemical sensitivity will not probably not be asking a carpet cleaner if his product is safe. They probably don't have carpets to begin with and if they do, they will be asking their doctor how to clean them. Most of the customers who have asked me about "green cleaning" have a chemical soup under their kitchen sink. I have one customer who thinks he has multiple chemical sensitivity. First time I cleaned his carpets, I used just water. He thought he could still chemical residues, probably from whatever what already in his carpet. The next time, I sent him to Procyon's website. He agreed to let me use the Procyon and had absolutely no issues and couldn't smell a thing. Being sensitive to something and having an allergic reaction to something are completely different.

Reactions: dgardner

dgardner

Name
Dan Gardner
I remember a schoolmate who told me he was allergic to fish. I asked him what happened when he ate fish - he said he didn't know - just walking into a house where they were frying fish put him in the hospital.

Name
Swani
Someone who has a true chemical sensitivity will not probably not be asking a carpet cleaner if his product is safe. They probably don't have carpets to begin with and if they do, they will be asking their doctor how to clean them. Most of the customers who have asked me about "green cleaning" have a chemical soup under their kitchen sink. I have one customer who thinks he has multiple chemical sensitivity. First time I cleaned his carpets, I used just water. He thought he could still chemical residues, probably from whatever what already in his carpet. The next time, I sent him to Procyon's website. He agreed to let me use the Procyon and had absolutely no issues and couldn't smell a thing. Being sensitive to something and having an allergic reaction to something are completely different.
I contacted Procyon and they are sending me some samples to try out. Sounds like a great line of products!

ruff

Name
Ofer Kolton
It is not about what's green, or what's safe, or what allergies are.
It is about a blank statement that can get an unsuspecting cleaner in trouble:

• Soft water

Jim Williams

Name
Jim Williams
I contacted Procyon and they are sending me some samples to try out. Sounds like a great line of products!

Procyon is great. I add a small amount of Boost all from Bridgepoint on most jobs. It is powdered peroxide and it adds a little shine to the carpet. I have cleaned a few real nasty ones with it and was able to get great results without using any nuclear chemicals. I prefer the liquid Procyon Extreme just because it's easy to mix and slightly stronger than the powder.

Name
Swani
Procyon is great. I add a small amount of Boost all from Bridgepoint on most jobs. It is powdered peroxide and it adds a little shine to the carpet. I have cleaned a few real nasty ones with it and was able to get great results without using any nuclear chemicals. I prefer the liquid Procyon Extreme just because it's easy to mix and slightly stronger than the powder.
Do you apply your Procyon with a hydraforce? If so how how much boost all do you add?

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom