What causes this

GeneMiller

Name
gene miller
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
I used high pressure and peroxide but it didn't do anything. I don't normally clean showers but she's allergic to everything so I said I'd blast it with hot water and we'd see. Nothing is what we saw. I covered it with grout stain. I wiped the haze off before I left. Under normal circumstances what would have removed it ❓ what is the cause ❓

Mikey P

Administrator
The reddish discoloration is from bar soap❓ The others are how I covered it. What would remove it❓ I scraped it a little but it seemed deeper than the surface.
bard soap and the funk that comes off your customer's funky ass body.. Look at where the mold is in relation to where they stand in the shower. I call it the area of deflection.

GeneMiller

Name
gene miller
orange mildew/mold. from standing water that collects in the joints.

You can use a mold and mildew remover, like MB-09, it's safe for polished marble and all other shower surfaces. Has a strong bleach-like mist, but the odor dissipates pretty quickly

http://www.easystonecare.com/MB-9-Mold-Mildew-Remover-p/mb-09.htm
its on the wall . it was just in two places on the tube enclosure. i couldn't test any products but high pressure didn't budge it. i put the nozzle right on it and other than instantly steaming up the room was a waste of time.

GeneMiller

Name
gene miller
bard soap and the funk that comes off your customer's funky ass body.. Look at where the mold is in relation to where they stand in the shower. I call it the area of deflection.

Mike isn't not where the water would deflect. Scraping it didn't touch it at all. it almost seemed like the grout was rusted all the way through.

Charlie Lyman

Supportive Member
Name
Charlie Lyman
I'm with Mike on this one. I use magic al's soap scum remover and a hogs hair pad to get it off. Scrub, scrub, scrub.

Name
cameron demille
its on the wall . it was just in two places on the tube enclosure. i couldn't test any products but high pressure didn't budge it. i put the nozzle right on it and other than instantly steaming up the room was a waste of time.

Water stands on the wall. It runs in the grout joints and sits there unless they take a towel and dry it off.

Old Coastie

Supportive Member
Name
Stephen
It looks like dye runoff from some goofy body wash or soap. If that tile is ceramic, go in with a good brush and a bowl of hot water mixed with Barkeeper's Friend. That slurry will remove rust and lime build up, as well as most bad attitudes. Then a strong alkaline to get rid of the soap scum, if any remains. Both can be applied with a Makita at low speed, using a nice disk cut out of a red or blue pad.

Then go over the rest of it (including glass) the same way. Matter of fact, use a red pad and you can power scrub even fiberglass.

When you have and when you want to add me into your will, make sure to spell my name right.

Reactions: Todd Millar

GeneMiller

Name
gene miller
It's really not my thing, but she asked so what the heck. I used a pressure washer with a narrow tip and it didn't budge. A brush didn't touch it. I wasn't allowed any chemicals other than peroxide and it didn't react at all. Thanks for the advice. If I ever see it again I'll try a few things for fun.

jcooper

Name
Jerry Cooper
It looks the same color as "ring around the toilet", like iron in the water.

steve_64

If it is iron Genny uses the liguid iron out not the powder when we can find it. For whatever reason it works better.

Mikey saw some pics in Indy of what Genny can do with fiberglass and Iron Out. We havent done much tile yet.

Name
Bryan Thomson
Red mold / mildew......I understand you couldn't use the standard cleaners.....you could have tried making a paste with a mild powdered alkaline " oxygenated cleaner" like Chemspec "kill odor plus" which works well on pigment stains.
I normally would use an " acid grout brightener" to open up the pores / etch the grout to get the mold/ staining out......agitate with a stiff bristle brush.
Then use a HD 12-13 ph grout cleaner on the soap scum.......dry the shower / grout with an airmover then apply " Bontani Clean" to the grout to eat up any additional mold spores deep within the grout.....finally apply a penetrating sealer to the grout to prevent further mold growth.

Ray Burnfield

Supportive Member
Name
Ray Burnfield
For mold nothing works better than a steam cleaner. Instant kill and removal.
No chemicals just water.
I'll post some info tomorrow.

Name
Bryan Thomson
I have seen steamers ruin grout because the excessive heat from the steam dries out the grout and makes it brittle and then crack.
Grout / cement base products retain water within the chemical hardening / bonding process that gives grout it strength......when you apply 300+ degree concentrated super heat into grout it changes the tensil strength of the grout and dries it out.

steve_64

Genny also uses an acidic cleaner we get from the janitor supply store. She hits it with that then the iron out. Its amazing how well it works

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom