What chems to use on click together gym mat?

B&BGaryC

Name
B&BGaryC
GymMats.jpg

Red and blue double sided click together gym mats in a martial arts studio. I know I can wand these, might try spinning them low pressure with my turbo, but I am sketchy about what to use on them. I figure Judson Juice will break them down because of the oxygen just like ozone depletes rubber. Afraid solvents will start to break it down too. I have been told to use an enzyme but the one suggested is also loaded with Delymonene which I understood was a solvent and am afraid might destroy these mats over time. It's a once monthly gig to remove the "sanitizer" slime that builds up from daily spraying with some sort of product that is supposed to make them safe and athlete's foot / ringworm free.

The very last thing I want is to have to buy every single one of these mats out of pocket.

What is a good product to use that I can either order from Judson, John Olson or Interlink Supply? I would prefer to just drive down to my local interlink and pick something up.

Thanks

Name
Lee Stockwell
Sam's sells them, eight 2x2 squares for less than $22 a pack. I bought a pack of them for my van, but my grandkids discovered them first. They love playing with them so much that I had to buy more for the van later.

Cleaning? I'd be very careful, not cleaning them too agressively. They are widely used in daycares and we've cleaned them with regular carpet prespray and delicate wanding followed by white towels. Great results.

J Scott W

Name
Jeffrey Scott Warrington
Green Balance Hard Surface cleaner should work fine. No solvents to worry about. Available from Interlink Supply.

B&BGaryC

Name
B&BGaryC
scottw said:
Green Balance Hard Surface cleaner should work fine. No solvents to worry about. Available from Interlink Supply.

What's the pH?

J Scott W

Name
Jeffrey Scott Warrington
B&BGaryC said:
scottw said:

What's the pH?
Between 7.0 and 7.5 depending upon the water you mix it with.
Dilute 4 to 6 ounces per gallon depending upon soil level.

B&BGaryC

Name
B&BGaryC
No neutralizing rinse needed then or is it a highly buffered product?

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom