What crazy sh*t did you do to stay busy this winter?

Mikey P

Administrator
Or any winter for that matter..

Strip and wax a basketball court or a Saltillo floor?

Take on more urine damage than your spring and summer conscience normally allows?

Try and fix some browned out linen?

Run your truckmount for less rhan .10 a foor?

Or your Cimex for less than .3?

Run your spinner over floors than should not be spun?

Sub work from the debil?

Fess up!

Reactions: DAT

DAT

Name
Bill Cheryl
I did rather well ever since January till now... Got more in revenue... Since i do a lot of service, nothing to crazy.

BIG WOOD

MLPW
Name
Matt w.
This winter was good to me, but I took on s job last summer to clean 10straight hours worth of church pews at .70/LF.

it kept me busy, but also made me take the next day off to rest my hand.

The pastor told me that a local competitor gave him that price, and asked me if I’d match it. Something told me that he was telling me a little white lie.

Reactions: Kenny Hayes

DAT

Name
Bill Cheryl
This winter was good to me, but I took on s job last summer to clean 10straight hours worth of church pews at .70/LF.

The pastor told me that a local competitor gave him that price, and asked me if I’d match it. Something told me that he was telling me a little white lie.
Dont let him push you around. Put his hard earned donated money to good use...

Reactions: Kenny Hayes

Zee

Supportive Member
Name

I never understood that.... Why not just have the "local competitor" do it?

If he likes you better and your service then he must value it more too....which by default should mean more expensive.

Jim Williams

Name
Jim Williams
I always tell the wife I'm going to go deliver Pizzas for a few months in the winter but thankfully it never slows down that much. After the first week in January it has been busy busy. A record first quarter, but our winters aren't too bad. We have a lot of mornings where the temp. is below freezing but nothing too serious. If we get snow it's gone pretty quick.

jcooper

Name
Jerry Cooper
Or any winter for that matter..
Strip and wax a basketball court or a Saltillo floor?
Take on more urine damage than your spring and summer conscience normally allows?
Try and fix some browned out linen?
Run your truckmount for less rhan .10 a foor?
Or your Cimex for less than .3?
Run your spinner over floors than should not be spun?
Sub work from the debil?
Fess up!

Lucky for us, December was nuts and pretty much continued through most of February. Didn't have an over abundance of work, but jobs were much bigger money makers.

"Things" got a little stressful come late Feb-March - then comes tax time.

So generally, this year we didn't do much except run our normal internet ads at a much lower frequency/spending limit.

Reactions: Nomad74

Kenny Hayes

Name
Kenny Hayes
25A6BD1D-E17D-4873-B9FC-4FE696FEAD64.jpeg I did this a lot during flu season in my schools:biggrin:

Nomad74

Boy Sprout
As if I don't have enough things to do around here, but I'm thinking about building a remote control lawnmower. Maybe after I get my boat engine build finished.

Sorry for the derail, just thinking of fun projects for when the slow season hits. Otherwise I get myself in trouble.

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
cut two skilled (but dysfunctional) guys loose to keep the other two busy

in winters past, I've bid work at cost to keep the guys in hours

.L.T.A.

Reactions: BIG WOOD
Name
Matthew Sturgis
This winter has been real busy. Like twice the revenue as previous years.
I am the carpet cleaner for a local restoration company. And their service area is huge and their crew has to move everything in a flooded basement. So my underweight ass has been moving furniture that I would normally talk my way out of and driving way further out than I normally would. But they keep writing me checks so I keep doing it.

Mike Draper

I dont do much stressing in the winter these days. Its always going to be slow. So i go snowmobiling on Saturday’s. Skiing on the sabbath with the kids . And snowmobiling any day of the week we get a foot or more of snow in the mountains. If we get 3+ feet I cancel jobs and snowmobile. The $ machine always starts May 1st for us, ends about Christmas.

Reactions: Mikey P

BIG WOOD

MLPW
Name
Matt w.
As if I don't have enough things to do around here, but I'm thinking about building a remote control lawnmower. Maybe after I get my boat engine build finished.

Sorry for the derail, just thinking of fun projects for when the slow season hits. Otherwise I get myself in trouble.
Use the motors off of power wheelchairs. One of my buds here made an awesome lawnmower with that setup

Reactions: Nomad74
Back
Top Bottom