What crazy sh*t did you do to stay busy this winter?

Mikey P

Administrator
I dont do much stressing in the winter these days. Its always going to be slow. So i go snowmobiling on Saturday’s. Skiing on the sabbath with the kids . And snowmobiling any day of the week we get a foot or more of snow in the mountains. If we get 3+ feet I cancel jobs and snowmobile. The $ machine always starts May 1st for us, ends about Christmas.

Lets see your buggy

Mike Draper

If you look closely you can see the turbo.
IMG_0304.JPG

Mark Saiger

Mr Happy!
Name
Mark Saiger
If it wasn't for grandchildren and my wife being the head of the family daycare (babysits the grand babies everyday)

We would be south more of the winter at the south Saiger's Sauce office

Things were doing pretty good for January and February... Considering expected slow months.... But March and April usually decent Months were terrible from so much snow and cold.

We made it again but will try to plan ahead more for future.

Today on our trip to Minneapolis area and back... It was like watching bears come out of the den... Everyone outside for the first time since October I swear.

20180219_115909.jpg
20180221_145443.jpg
Screenshot_20180225-173920.jpg
20180216_145440.jpg
20180220_095836.jpg
20180210_054830.jpg

Mikey P

Administrator

I think you spent your whole winter with me...

Reactions: Mark Saiger
Name
Swani
Or any winter for that matter..

Strip and wax a basketball court or a Saltillo floor?

Take on more urine damage than your spring and summer conscience normally allows?

Try and fix some browned out linen?

Run your truckmount for less rhan .10 a foor?

Or your Cimex for less than .3?

Run your spinner over floors than should not be spun?

Sub work from the debil?

Fess up!
I drink. Still not any good at it. Hopefully practice will make perfect!

Reactions: Mikey P and Nomad74

sassyotto

Name
Paul
well you asked, so I'll reply. I sell Yugioh cards. Don't laugh just yet, heres the story...

In 2004 I took my son to the Yugioh Movie. Everybody that went got a free pack and from then we were hooked. We really got into the game and went to the local card shop every Saturday to *duel*. Soon we were on ebay buying cards. Not long after that we figured out that if you buy someones collection and sell the higher end cards to pay for the transaction, you end up with a whole lot of cards - virtually free. In the beginning, my son would find the collections to buy and I would pay for them and we would split the profits 50/50. This was actually an incentive for him to save up enough to buy the collections on his own. It took him a couple years but he started buying most collections himself. A couple years ago he got involved with a wholesaler. He has had an online business for about 5 years now and in 2017 his annual sales were over $500,000.

Anyway, when carpet cleaning slows down, I start to sell off some of the extra cards I collected over the years. Last year I was able to pick up a $18,000 collection for $2000. My sales pale in comparison - $60,000 in 2017 - but nice side income and I can do it whenever it gets slow.

Aaron and I traveled all over the country going to Events. It was a great way to stay involved with my son over the years. This is his car that he got on his own...

aarons car.JPG

Zee

Supportive Member
Name
well you asked, so I'll reply. I sell Yugioh cards. Don't laugh just yet, heres the story...

In 2004 I took my son to the Yugioh Movie. Everybody that went got a free pack and from then we were hooked. We really got into the game and went to the local card shop every Saturday to *duel*. Soon we were on ebay buying cards. Not long after that we figured out that if you buy someones collection and sell the higher end cards to pay for the transaction, you end up with a whole lot of cards - virtually free. In the beginning, my son would find the collections to buy and I would pay for them and we would split the profits 50/50. This was actually an incentive for him to save up enough to buy the collections on his own. It took him a couple years but he started buying most collections himself. A couple years ago he got involved with a wholesaler. He has had an online business for about 5 years now and in 2017 his annual sales were over $500,000.

Anyway, when carpet cleaning slows down, I start to sell off some of the extra cards I collected over the years. Last year I was able to pick up a $18,000 collection for $2000. My sales pale in comparison - $60,000 in 2017 - but nice side income and I can do it whenever it gets slow.

Aaron and I traveled all over the country going to Events. It was a great way to stay involved with my son over the years. This is his car that he got on his own...

View attachment 79824

Cool story!

It's always nice to hear side stuff from rug piss suckers.

I don't want to talk about what I do when I have too much time because everyone knows already. ...but there is a possibility to make a couple grand here and there.

dealtimeman

Everyday is Saturday.
Name
Michael

View attachment 79824

Time spent with your son is worth a whole lot more than the money.

Willy P

Name
Willy P
Working. 3 or 4 days a week. I have monthly contracts that don't disappear in the winter - anything else is gravy. There was a couple of skinny weeks, but it wasn't bad. I pay my helper pretty well and guarantee a set amount for slow periods. He's a plug and play that earns me a lot more than I pay him.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom