What crazy sh*t did you do to stay busy this winter?

Willy P

Name
Willy P
Not what you think Ron. Being brought up on the east coast in Nova Scotia it was plenty wet.

Massachusetts receives about 50 inches (1016 mm) of rain annually, fairly evenly distributed throughout the year, slightly wetter during the winter. Summers are warm with average high temperatures in July above 80 °F (26.7 °C) and overnight lows above 60 °F (15.5 °C) common throughout the state.

Vancouver is Canada's third most rainy city, with over 161 rainy days per year. As measured at Vancouver Airport in Richmond, Vancouver receives 1,153.1 mm (45.40 in) of rain per year.

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
I grew up in Montreal. I remember the snow. That was my career as a kid. We shoveled driveways, roofs, sidewalks, and would go down to the train station and shovel out cars from the parking lot. East coast really got hammered this year.

Name
Matt Ross
With janitorial all the winter means is more mopping and muddy floors. More work, not less work. But in the days I practiced my structural plate stick welding, and then this winter got my unlimited thickness, all position d1 weld certification. Something I enjoy that I can use as a backup job.

Reactions: bob vawter

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
Although we complain about the rain here, I sure don't miss the snow.

we had lots of both in the last 5-6 weeks
ground is SOOOO saturated, with standing water in many fields.... the farmers will be behind the 8 ball if weather pattern doesn't moderate soon 'cause it's too wet to plow

I'm on relatively high ground and the lawn tractor was leaving ruts in some spots when I mowed yesterday

.L.T.A.

bob vawter

Grassy Knoller
Name
bob vawter
Thank you for that explanation, that is so kind of you! But my yes was my answer to Mikey’s questions:.)
By the way, on the 3rd Wednesday of the month I don’t even have to go to the mailbox:biggrin:

Ya me too....i jus thought the word
TRUDGE would make it sound funnier ....

Oh GOD......I'm so sick today....someone sneak up behind and shoot me....plez!

Reactions: Kenny Hayes

Russ T.

Supportive Member
Name
Russ Terhaar
We maintain 1 janitorial account. It's pretty good size, representing a good 3 hours of work 2 nights a week. I love it in the Winter when I can barely pay Mrs. Piff to clean her carpet. Plus, I can pay our mortgage almost twice each month with the spoils!

I don't love it so much when we get busy in the Spring but It's a way to deal with the somewhat seasonal nature of residential carpet cleaning in central IA. I'd rather do almost anything than start entertaining the idea of getting back into cleaning restaurants.

steve_64

We clean a dealership 3 nights a week. $175 a night 3 to 4 hours.
A vision center 1 day a week 2 to 3 hours $130.
A home cen same as above.

We are doing one new home/ condo a week roughly $1200 eat but about 49 man hours. Sometimes more and occasionally a little less, trying to figure out how to reduce those hours still.
Hallways weekly $200 about 2 to 3 man hours.
One Bob Evans now one I lost $225 a month 2 hours
2 pizza huts $500 quarterly 4 hours.
2 other restaurants every couple months or more $300 ea.

Going to be a good year!

We have 2 employees right now about 30 hours a week or more and looking to hire another for carpet cleaning.

We .work 7 days a week but get some Saturdays off when we can. Work a little of nights too.

sealcanvas

Name
Ron Hunkins
Just a thought....this helps counter the customer's objection to "leaving the door open" during the winter. shop.sealadoor.com

Attachments

• fullsizeoutput_27f1.jpeg
    fullsizeoutput_27f1.jpeg
    294.9 KB · Views: 129

steve_64

I forgot the $300 a month window washing the dealership.

Regular weekly and monthly work is putting us in another place I like to be.

bob vawter

Grassy Knoller
Name
bob vawter
In this industry,there are a few others that could say the same thing;););)

HEY I KNOW......but I'm jus one man....
However i DID wing Wheelwrong.....
Purty sure that Kesslar was a headshot....(the bunny ears)..now YOU jus happened
To fall in my optics wit yor blowhard
Prices and NOT working on sat or sun..plenty of guys on here would and can work at any hour they could to feed their families and such

Now if you would be so kind as posting your picture as I'm making a poster board wit bullet points....thanks

ronbeatty

Name
Ron Beatty
HEY I KNOW......but I'm jus one man....
However i DID wing Wheelwrong.....
Purty sure that Kesslar was a headshot....(the bunny ears)..now YOU jus happened
To fall in my optics wit yor blowhard
Prices and NOT working on sat or sun..plenty of guys on here would and can work at any hour they could to feed their families and such

Now if you would be so kind as posting your picture as I'm making a poster board wit bullet points....thanks
Bob,
For the best part of 35 years I worked 12 to 20 hrs a day, I built a business when I was young and stupid, now I am trying old and wise.:rockon::stir::cool:

bob vawter

Grassy Knoller
Name
bob vawter
Bob,
For the best part of 35 years I worked 12 to 20 hrs a day, I built a business when I was young and stupid, now I am trying old and wise.:rockon::stir::cool:

Ron....I'm of the firm belief that every moment wasted is one that you can never get back.....no matter what you do....its gone!
For every job you lose...you can never get back......
It seems to me that yor leaving a lot
Of opportunity on the table...
And perhaps you could restructure
Yor business to take advantage of such lost revenue in a way that would help yor family in days to come......
In other words
..after you croak!

And on top of that.
..im jus mostly yanking yor chain to see how you hold yor mud....

Its what i do!:smile::smile::shifty:

Pee s

'Cept for Kesslar....he really did deserve it..

Last edited:
Reactions: BIG WOOD

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom