What % do you get taking rugs to your in plant cleaner?

rhyde

Name
rhyde
No some figure it out and make the real money becoming guru's and sell people shit they don't really need.

film school ? ...that doesn't even qualify as a liberal art :lol:

LisaWagnerCRS

Name
Lisa Wagner
Ofer Kolton said:
Thanks,
That makes sense.

You're welcome. Sorry for letting the "it's all gravy" comment set me off. The only lunkheads talking about all the huge easy money in rug cleaning are the ones selling equipment. It's serious work to run a rug plant, and if you don't really like rugs, there are other retail services to pick instead. But if you really enjoy it, and you work at being the best at it... it's a great business to be in.

Lisa

Burtz

rhyde said:
No some figure it out and make the real money becoming guru's and sell people shit they don't really need.

film school ? ...that doesn't even qualify as a liberal art :lol:

Ron K

There have been plenty of contributors to the "Kool-Aide" of Rug Cleaning.

I don't give a discount.

ruff

Name
Ofer Kolton
Ron K said:
There have been plenty of contributors to the "Kool-Aide" of Rug Cleaning.

I don't give a discount.

I respect that Ronald (not sure I understand the "Kool-Aide" meaning.)

I may speculate as to the business reasons behind your decision.
However, it will be much more prudent to ask you.

So, what are they?

Ron K

What I meant by Kool-Aide. Is in there are way to many people from the Equipment, Chemical, Teaching,Marketing and Distributing side of the CC business that are preying on our greed to make quick money and 5-10 dollars a foot.

"Don't really clean the rug but sell "Protector"

"Sell deodorizer"

"Sell SELL SELL SELL

"You can make a fortune."

"Give em a Free Spot Removal In a Year then just Bonnet them"

Liars and HUcksters!

Offer, ever go to a rug cleaning Class and learn NOTHING ?

I wash rugs. Some take Hours to clean. If you have an automated system that you can just process rugs and you should be able to give a discount.
Boy I sound Bitter...must be the taste...cherry or lemon lime.

Ron K

What I meant by Kool-Aide. Is in there are way to many people from the Equipment, Chemical, Teaching,Marketing and Distributing side of the CC business that are preying on our greed to make quick money and 5-10 dollars a foot.

"Don't really clean the rug but sell "Protector"

"Sell deodorizer"

"Sell SELL SELL SELL

"You can make a fortune."

"Give em a Free Spot Removal In a Year then just Bonnet them"

Liars and HUcksters!

Offer, ever go to a rug cleaning Class and learn NOTHING ?

I wash rugs. Some take Hours to clean. If you have an automated system that you can just process rugs and you should be able to give a discount.

ruff

Name
Ofer Kolton
Yes I went to an Ellen Emrican (I am sure I am not spelling it right) and Ruth what's her name class and learned lots of things but nothing practical about actual cleaning.

Than I asked permission from some local (not in my area of service) rug cleaners to watch their operation. Some where generous and let me come and watch.

Than I did it by myself for quite some time. Hard, repetitious and very detailed work. Certainly not a walk in the park. And not an easy way to make money.

With my set up, I always ended up making more money per hour cleaning wall to wall than my rug cleaning. However, my set up was for low volume and not much investment, compensated though by lots of elbow grease.

The Great Oz

Name
bryan
We discount 30% to the trade. We came up with a pretty low price to clean the entire inventory of a carpet store after a fire, but there's not much time or labor savings in a multiple area rug order.

One company that discounts quite a bit more from their retail price looks over every rug to find how they can sell something else. Additional services are not discounted so the cleaning becomes a loss leader. You get the stink eye if you keep bringing in rugs for cleaning only.

Besides, you have to ask if anyone pays the "retail" price that makes it look like you're getting a huge price break. If you want 50% off, I'd have to go COIT on ya.

ruff

Name
Ofer Kolton
The Great Oz said:
We discount 30% to the trade. We came up with a pretty low price to clean the entire inventory of a carpet store after a fire, but there's not much time or labor savings in a multiple area rug order.

One company that discounts quite a bit more from their retail price looks over every rug to find how they can sell something else. Additional services are not discounted so the cleaning becomes a loss leader. You get the stink eye if you keep bringing in rugs for cleaning only.

Besides, you have to ask if anyone pays the "retail" price that makes it look like you're getting a huge price break. If you want 50% off, I'd have to go COIT on ya.

That sounds fair.
And we love da COIT.

rhyde

Name
rhyde
Ron K said:

Oh god no! I'm recovering from the flu I can't handle the "when is clean not actually clean" discussion /argument again! :lol:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom