What equipment are you using for Water Damage Restoration

G

Box Van vs. Van.... Truck mount CDS vs. Porty vs. Slide in.... Dehus?...what ones? Air movers? Monitoring equip?...brands? Don't leave anything out. what are you set up with and what are you needing/wanting? I'm getting ready to rig out a whole new truck and I'm going to break out of habit! I like what I currently use and recently tried some new brands of equipment and liked it better on some stuff! So, I want to see what is being used outside of what I am using to consider. Also the stuff you dont care about....maybe save me the mistake. I'll mention what I currently use now after the info is collected. Thanks!

Darren

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
Re: What equipment are you using for Water Damage Restoratio

Dedicated WDR box van's, TM for extraction but we do have flood pumpers for commercial work when the flooded are is to far away from the truck to string hoses or up multiple floors.

Drieaz Rover for extraction, Drizair 2000 dehumidifiers, air movers-Drieaz X-3's, Jet CXV's, Ace's, Gail Force, Force Nine's.

Injectidry & E-Tes for hardwoods, TES trailer for larger stuff.

Thermal camera's, non destructive meter's, penetrating meters, hydrosensors.

Man we have so much stuff for WDR it's just too much stuff to list.

G

Nice Doc!....How long have you been using TES? you like it? What Thermal camera are you using? I'm not looking for the smaller stuff that's commonly used....basically what you've listed helps a bunch.

I just update equipment so slow...Ive been doing this since the days of when water damages were brought to you...LOL We had the giant wringers and did in plant work including Rugs,fringing,binding etc. All Furniture was also picked up and brought in plant back in the day....so Im amazed when this new stuff comes out and does much better work then before.....easier! Its the TES equipment I played with and like. Just not sure if I want to make that big of a change.

Darren

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave

TES and E-TES since they came out, quite a few years now.

Lots of good deals on used TES trailers out there. I'd walk before you run, try an E-Tes see if you like it and go from there.

Thermal cameras like the Fluke Tir-3.

F-tiR4ft_02a_s_328px_x_220px.jpg

Al

This truck was the best investment we made, we can carry a ton of equipment but we used it mostly as a dumpster on jobs.
I paid 3800. at the auction only 91,000 miles. It saved and made us a lot of money

100_0466.jpg

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave

Al the first WDR trucks I ever saw were at a Water Loss Conference in the bay area. Butch Carpenter's Ideal Restoration had trucks like that setup for WDR.

I came back and told my father and he said yea that would be nice but that's California and major population. We are too small for that.

A few years later after unloading carpet equipment and reloading drying equipment we talked our father into allowing us to setup a box truck that wasn't used frequently.

We now have 5-setup for WDR, they don't get used everyday but sure are nice when you need them. (2-are out right now)

When you get a call you just roll and you have everything you need already loaded. You come back in and restock and it sits waiting for the next call.

Nice truck AL!

Al

Thanks! It's a chick magnet too

G

I can see the chick magnet thing happening! :lol: Im looking at the cutaways right now...maybe a 12 footer.

G

That Fluke Tir-3 is a little spendy huh? Nice equipment though.

Do you guys use Xactimate? We don't but were getting ready to in the next two weeks.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave

Yea it is, we have three of them spendy dogs too.

There are quite a few lower price cameras out there. They will do pretty much the same thing too, except you might have to step a little closer to the wet area. With these you can be much further away, but not really necessary in a home.

Yes Exactimate, like the program but not too keen on the rates. However they have come up on some in the last few years.

Ed

Name
Ed Prevost

Richard, do you guys have truckmounts in all 5 of your water trucks?

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave

Ed
Three of the five are Prochem's, one is a Blue Line Super Extractor and the other is a Butler in a box.

Then we have a WDR truck that has no machine, well no TM but is racked to haul WDR equipment.

Butler9-1.jpg

Prochem20.jpg

Prochem8.jpg

StructuralDrying14.jpg

IMG_0340.jpg

G

I think I'm going for the Fluke Ti32.....may suite me better for the money. Does Exactimate have a rate for it?
Also, what do you think about that Rover? is it worth the $3k vs. using just the wand? What truck gives you the best bang for the buck? Im currently looking at Ford van cutaway 2011 with the 12' box and maybe trying the HydroMaster 4.8cds no salsa package. I may need to drive up and see your rigs....those are very nice!

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave

I don't think you'll get a direct charge off on the IR Camera, but will make you more money by showing areas that are affected that were not obvious to the naked eye. It also shows a level of professionalism that will win you competitive bids so in the end it makes you money.

I like the Rover, but the Xtreme Xtractor is also a good tool. The Rover is just a lot easier to steer.

They are not "have to's" but sure make your job of drying a lot easier to process. They are much more consistant in water removal, that once completed you know you've removed all that can be physically removed.

We have the manual extractors too, for those cases where you have no power. they work good, just less impressive and slower.

Ed

Name
Ed Prevost

Very nice Richard. What model are the trucks that have the slide ins?

G

What service area do you cover...like mileage radius? My service area is mostly rural but does cover six or seven small to medium sized cities...low competition. Thanks for the help .....how do you like to Butler system? (I think I saw that in one truck)

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave

Ed they are Prochem Performers, the Nissan powerplants, one of them is an Prochem 805 with large recovery tank.

Darren our service area is 30-miles Topeka & Lawrence, but we will go anywhere they pay us to go.

Lots of competition here! thathurts

Love the Butler's especially in the box. It just gives you so much room for all your equipment.

Extractiontrucks-2.jpg

G

How long is that box on #9? If you have a pic handy of the inside of #9 that would be awesome!! I need to get familiar with racks for air movers and storage for Dehu's and such....trying to find good designs and set-ups.

steve g

Name
steve garrett

richard, do you have basements there?? do you have any trouble drying pad and carpet in place when its in a basement. I do here I can get it dry but I need to also tent the carpet too which kinda defeats the purpose. I think its because the basement concrete here is so cold it has alot of trouble getting any heat through the carpet and all the way through to the pad.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave

Yes Steve most homes have finished basements around these parts,We have 1500sq/ft with a 9ft ceiling in our own home. I think that difficulty in drying has more to do with your colder climate. We dry plenty of basements including pad and don't have any problems drying them. It has to be that super cold environment you're fighting.

Ed

Name
Ed Prevost

Richard what are the "trucks" you have the slide ins in?

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave

Sorry Ed I misunderstood.
(2) 01 Isuzu box trucks
04 Ford Powerstroke box truck
96 Ford box truck
Then the Butler in a box is a 07 GMC

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom