What have you done/do/suggest in full schedules?

WillS

Supportive Member
Name
Will
Let's say your one truck, 2 trucks whatever are fully booked. Someone calls in wanting to book an appointment for a time slot that is taken on all trucks. This job is $400 compared to the $120 job that is booked in the slot. The $400 job can not have it done at any other time.

Do you call the $120 job and tell them you need to reschedule? If they can't, do you cancel it? Do you lose the $400 job because your booked w the $120 job? It is business after all. What's your take please?

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
We would give the $120.00 job a discount or free cleaning of an additional area, for moving or moving until we finish the $300.00

If they fuss a little we would tell them there was a mistake in booking (it actually happens here :dejection:) and still do them that day but if they were understanding I'd move to an open date.

Papa John

Lifetime Supportive Member
Name
John Stewart
Call the $120 and see if they can go earlier, it's a small bill so It Shouldn't take up as much time as the $400 job.
If the $120 get upset and you can't change them, then you might have to decline the $400 job.. it depends on your long term goals and principles.

Protecting your business reputation should be your first goal. Upsetting the $120 could cost you more then the $400 in the future.

Reactions: Newman and roro

Papa John

Name
John Stewart
Split the two man crew into one. Each of you go to a job and the tech that gets the small one comes over to help finish up the $400.00 job.

You pass on that $400.00 job and I'll personally catch a flight and give you hell for it! :winky:

That's a great idea if he has the staff and equipment.

Reactions: Desk Jockey

Mikey P

Administrator
Let your buddy in your parking lot do the $120 job.

He should be able to get his pos Host unit and a shop vac there with his shopping cart.

steve_64

Let's say they can't move. And they get crazy mad. :icon_twisted:
Then I don't want them for a customer anyway.

Give them SS number.

I wouldn't make excuses just say we are unable to clean that day and need to reschedule. If it's an inconvenience to them say could we offer free protector to make it up to you. It shouldn't be an issue.

Last edited:
Reactions: darcie smith

WillS

Supportive Member
Name
Will
Let your buddy in your parking lot do the $120 job.

He should be able to get his pos Host unit and a shop vac there with his shopping cart.

Great idea ass.

To bad he was arrested last week for trespassing infront of the warehouses. New tenants don't like him pan handlin. But that is the great thing about our system. Easy to transport, even in a shopping cart! :biggrin:

Reactions: Mikey P

Papa John

Name
John Stewart
Or.. Cough, cough -
I'm sorry misses $120 but I'm terribly sick today. I give you a discount if you'll let me take care of you a different time.:icon_twisted:

Jim Williams

Name
Jim Williams
I wouldn't reschedule the small job. I've gotten real good and turning down jobs in my old age. Life goes on. If they didn't give you enough advance notice for the job it's not your fault. I turned down 5 or 6 jobs that couldn't wait so I could go to the beach for spring break. You could try praying to the carpet cleaning God's that the small job would call and reschedule first though. It is flu season.

Reactions: Mikey P

jcooper

Name
Jerry Cooper
If they didn't give you enough advance notice for the job it's not your fault.

Exactly!

Protecting your business reputation should be your first goal. Upsetting the $120 could cost you more then the $400 in the future.

Ohhh, and I'm sure it will.

WillS said: ↑
Let's say they can't move. And they get crazy mad.
Then I don't want them for a customer anyway.

They should be pissed, You had an appt and are now not doing the job after they moved everything in the house, sent buffy to dog sitter, day off work, etc... Bunk of land mines to dodge...

If it's a longtime custy, we might reach out and get a feel for "things" and then ask. New client, no way we would ask.

Reactions: steve_64

steve_64

[QUOTE="jcooper, post: 4502058, member: 40117"

They should be pissed, You had an appt and are now not doing the job after they moved everything in the house, sent buffy to dog sitter, day off work, etc... Bunk of land mines to dodge...

If it's a longtime custy, we might reach out and get a feel for "things" and then ask. New client, no way we would ask.[/QUOTE]

I agree if it's last minute. I would be pissed to. I was assuming he had time to discuss it with the customer.

I've had to reschedule more than a handful of jobs over the years. It's never been an issue for me. In fact I need to call tomorrow for a Thursday job I need to move.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
We will do everything thing we can to accommodate the client but ultimately we have make business decisions. Is the business going to benefit more by moving them to another time slot. Then we will do so, even if it cost us overtime.

If they are understand enough to move (surprisingly most are) we give these people a 20% discount for doing so.

Most of these moves are for emergency type work when we ask. Very rarely we have someone that will not move an hour. We just process the work and get to the emergency work later.

Jim Williams

Name
Jim Williams
What's a real pisser is when you turn down a big job and then the small job calls and cancels. I still wouldn't cancel though. At times I have adjusted my schedule by an hour to squeeze in a good customer, but never cancelled. Most people understand if you have to move them up or back an hour or so.

Name
Jeff T
Let's say your one truck, 2 trucks whatever are fully booked. Someone calls in wanting to book an appointment for a time slot that is taken on all trucks. This job is $400 compared to the $120 job that is booked in the slot. The $400 job can not have it done at any other time.

Do you call the $120 job and tell them you need to reschedule? If they can't, do you cancel it? Do you lose the $400 job because your booked w the $120 job? It is business after all. What's your take please?
It's first come, first served..... How would you feel if a contractor bumped YOU for a higher ticket? ALL customers are important. MAKE IT WORK...... If you have to, start early, or do one of them LATE IN THE DAY. If you f¥£k around with your clients, YOU WILL LOSE BOTH, AND PROBABLY THEIR FRIENDS, FAMILY, AND NEIGHBOURS........ Just my 2 bits......

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom