what I cleaned today..

Mikey P

Administrator
1st job today was a off white linen sectional tbat fades so much each time we or the owner touches it, I just attempted to remove some spots.
Also did a white olefine berber. Sharj vaccum, Magic Wand Potion prespray and PMF rinse. SS uph tool to edge the steps.

Mikey P

Administrator
Next..

Flex and Ti rinse.

Two rooms only..

20141110_122659.jpg

Reactions: Desk Jockey

Russ T.

Supportive Member
Name
Russ Terhaar
I think Mike's day was about as busy as Marty's! Probably even got a nap in...

TomKing

Supportive Member
Name
Tom
it is voice activated typing Marty. The rest of us have figured out how to use that on our phones. utt ed. LOL

Technolody is not always dependable.

Reactions: SamIam

Becker

Name
Becker
I got jolted back into my teen cleaning years today..

I went to connect my supply house, and along the garage was an old school red rug dr.

I use to rent it from the corner store and bang out a few vacant rentals.
Can't tell you how man time I forgot to suck the excess water out of the lower tank before lifting it into my pickup, dumping the rug dr formula on me. Yes, I even used the stuff off the shelf.

My next machine looked just like a rug dr, but was blue and everything was just bigger, then a ninja.
I think I was 20 when I bought my 1st TM

Mikey P

Administrator
Number three was this lady..
http://mikeysboard.com/forum/index.php?threads/and-your-reply-would-be.276265/

Fun job after all.

The last time I was there two years ago they were packing up to move to a small beach town in Mexico. He retired early from Cisco and wanted a change of pace. they would rent their house until sure Mexico was for them.
13 months later they tired of the Mexicans and moved on, spent a few months in Florida ("Nice beach, Floridians suck") than a few more in South Africa. All beach towns. While coming home to Giraffes and Zebra in your driveway had it's charm the poverty, theft and lions sent them packing. Came home found a buyer for their house in 12 days, will rent in Monterey for a few months than pack up 90 year old Dad who want to go home to die and move to England until then. Then its off to see the rest of Europe.

All that time spent on 3rd world beaches made her too aware of pollution and the careless attitude of most people. Now she's taking it to the extreme as you can see in her email.

20141110_140755_zpskmcidxfl.jpg

Loads of bleach stains in her carpet as well as impacted soil.. I used Sapphire's One Earth Prespray and Rinse liquid, the HOSS to make up for lack of oompf and trimmed with the Ti. Very happy with the results and never mentioned a thing about method or materials. Great conversation

4th job as an add on for a couple cups of latex paint that got spilled on Saturday. They used my spotting guide online and got great results. They went a bit overboard with some Latex remover As Seen On TV product and caused some delamination but after a good flushing with the HOSS ( remaining paint was very visible in the clear tube), it looked perfect. No products used, just soft water.

Becker

Name
Becker
I have a client who has one of those in her living room. High quality pole.

One of my best clients, see her every other month. Has something to do with her sweet dogs, a lab and a dash hound.

Able 1

Name
Keith
Not sure the quality of the poll, at first glance it looked like some kind of joist support.. It was pink though which I then put two an two together, OK I'm slow! Then there were pictures everywhere..:eekk: CONFIRMED!!

Sorry to jack your thread Mike! It should be a good one! Vids would be awesome, with some music to put Marty to sleep..

Becker

Name
Becker
He needs pointers from Mark.

I had thought about joking, acting stupid, asking if the ceiling joist is failing. Her is all shinny chrome.

Over the years I've seen a few others. Nice way to stay in shape I hear.

Reactions: Mark Saiger

Becker

Name
Becker
You don't do drapes.

You explain to the tech, hey man.. One day you could be me.. It is not true what they say about black.

Mikey P

Administrator
yep new house manager called both of us out to clean today.

We got the carpet (kid's room, master bedroom suite) and upholstery, 3 sofas, 3 chairs, ottos and pillows) and Coit got the kitchen limestone floor.

I arrived first so naturally asked why we didn't get the tile.. She didn't know we did stone..
She asked how we did it and how much and I gave her the whole diatribe..

Etched bad so needed honing. Polishing was out due to lippage and sanded grout, $750 and we'd have to come back. She was about to call and cancel Coit when he showed up so she asked me to pretend I was the man of the house and to interview him to see if he knew his stuff. I pointed out my logo'd shirt and over shirt and bowed out. I did greet him at the door and asked what was going on? He thought he was there to clean carpet and uph, I set him straight and to talk to the manager who was in the kitchen waiting for hi.
I eaves dropped a bit as she nervously asked questions and he nervously answered them. After I heard him miss ID it as Travertine I turned on the Shark and got to work...

She was too nice to tell him to walk so she let him go for it.

Fun facts..

He only had a SX7, no stand up spinner or wand.
Knew enough to not use acid but had to perform a scratch test to make sure it was natural stone.
Worked for Coit for nine years. 4 years of doing tile.
No Vacuum, no scrubbing device, no fans
had a grout brush though..

Watching him bend over to clean the tile with the SX7 was more than we could handle so we lent him our Turbo Hybrid. My tech was shocked at how little vacuum he had when he hooked up the tool for him (Hey mike our EDIC has more vacuum...) Sure enough, his CDS was only getting 4 inches of lift so I offered to make some adjustments. Vac relief was loose. Tightened it up and that got him to 7".. Lifted the tank lid to find five inches of missing gasket.. We fitted some plastic bags in those areas and woop! all the way up to 14".

I could see all those revisits for brownouts clicking through his head...lol

In just about the same amount of time we both finished up. We jammed as everything was really clean. I was able to "just" shampoo most of the furniture with Prochem's Fine Fabric and some rinsing on arms and seat tops. Sapphire One earth/210 on the wool carpet. $1225 for us, about $400 for Coit Guy..

20141111_133151_zpsrnmnyctj.jpg

20141111_115938_zpsilcp9lbt.jpg

20141111_105118_zpsm0cqor26.jpg

Fooker never even thanked me and I had to dry up a bunch of his oily stinky sealer residue he left behind..

in case you can't tell, his wheel chock was uphill..

20141111_122824_zps8qpd7m5z.jpg

All good, we'll be back soon to redo the kitchen and the Pillow Edge Limestone entry..
c9f1cdbd-3901-4e1a-9642-1fa0bcbb9587_zps496b3f82.jpg

Word of the day...always carry a SS Uph Tool rebuild kit..
20141111_154922_zpsollxkekn.jpg

#2, new customer one clean guest room and one slightly spotty synthetic lr rug and a wool tufted runner. SS One Earth again, with lots of Fels in the LR.. Estimate on some limestone bathrooms that I hope she calls Albert for.

#3, a great 87 year old repeat..
lee.jpg

Loves to spill coffee on her mega thick white nylon..

Redline and loads of 40 and Fels..

My stair cleaning rock star..

20141111_162235_zpshmfv7fvt.jpg

done.

J

JS41035

That's one of my favorite posts I've ever read. Our local SS uses a gekko with a large head for tile. 4 hg, I can't imagine the dry times they were leaving behind.
And I also have nightmares about pulling in the driveway next to an AT.

Russ T.

Supportive Member
Name
Russ Terhaar
I wonder how long the COIT joker had been "cleaning" with his truck that way?

Well done Mike!

The Clean Machine

Russ T.

Supportive Member
Name
Russ Terhaar
The wheel chocks being uphill led me to believe he might be some kind of joker ;-)

Good points though. Unmotivated and undertrained are what a lot of companies seem to be putting out in the field. I was definitely there at one point...okay, several points.

The Clean Machine

Reactions: Mikey P

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom