What is a good portable unit for carpet and tile cleaning???

Jenn

New to carpet and tile cleaning business. Looking for your expert advise on a good portable unit to accompolish both carpet cleaning with rotovac and tile and grout cleaning. Thanks for helping me make my decision.
Jenn

G

I suggest you take a look at Bridgepoints 1200 psi machine. Last time I checked they were priced at around $3700. I don't have a picture here, but you can go to the bridgepoint site and see it. Looks like the best buy for what you want to do.

Ed Hartman

Another option is to simply get an OP machine which will do both and more cost effective. bbs.ccsop.com. If I had a choice between a portable and an OP machine to clean carpet, tile and grout I would choose OP machine. Although if your stuck on using a rotovac forget what I just said

steve g

Name
steve garrett
portable and good tile and grout machine don't go together in the same sentence, ie oxymoron. There is no portable that will get the job done to any level of acceptable, to me the machine must at least have a positive displacement blower to create any substantial amount of vacuum, brevik claims to have done it on his electric truckmout but I have yet to see it. I would suggest buying a used truckmount set up off ebay, if you buy a van and unit combo you can usually get into something that will get you started for 7 grand or less and that is with the van, piss on the OP machine idea, we all know here that it is not capable of being a stand alone method, while a truckmount may not be totally stand alone, if you had to pick one method as a stand alone, truckmount gets the nod

Darrel L

Jenn,

I built my business around a 500 psi machine. I used lots of aggitation to clean the grout but I got the job done. I just got my first truckmount and I save huge amount of time. So if you can afford it get one, but dont get the portable unit the other guy posted if you do any residential. You will never get it up 3/4 of the stairs cases out there. The unit needs to be much more compact.

I used the olympus 500 psi, heated, dual 2 stage vacs, it got the job done. You just have to do several drying passes with the wand or rotovac.

You will get cleaning results but it will take time.

G

I heard a lot of hype about one a while back. I think it was called Aeroteck (not to be cnfused with the real machine)...

I don't know anyone who has ever seen one....

Anyone else remember this???

tcul

If you want a portable for BOTH, you're going to need a unit with:

adjustable PSI to 1200
Auto fill
Auto dump

The Olympus FX88-HP is such a unit. Sells for just under $4k. It looks like a knock-off of Masterblend's "Truckforce" portable.

You can adj the pressure. 50-100 for upholstery, 300-500 for carpet and 1200 for tile and grout.

You need the auto fill/dump features to save you from "humping and dumping" when doing jobs which require a lot of water. Like pressure washing tile and grout, and when using an RX20 or Rotovac.

I like the idea of getting a portable which you can use for both carpet and T&G, rather than having two portables, one for each type of cleaning.

As for OP. It's fine for aggitating when doing tile, but rinsing with pads is a drag. Especially, if you are using a harsh acid-based cleaning product like "restore" on nasty grout. Gotta rinse and rinse and rinse.

Be advised. Get a good grout brush when manual aggitation is needed.

TC

steve g

Name
steve garrett
the only portable that I have seen that had any balls was the truckforce, but it is such a monster and has so many cords its more trouble than its worth

G

Thank you Tom. The Olympus FX-88 was the machine I was talking about.

G

Listen to Steve G. and get a used truckmount. Run your choices by the people on this and other boards. You won't regret getting a truckmount. It will pay for itself in 1 month.
Jeff

tcul

I looked at Jenn's website and it looks like they're a general cleaning company. I don't know of many "General Cleaners" with TMs. Must be a reason.

Also, she stated they were thinking of getting into carpet cleaning. Sounds like a TM might be biting more than they can chew.

How many vehicles do they have. What type? Are they willing to devote an entire vehicle just for carpet cleaning with a big TM?

Do they clean a lot of high rises? Are they mechanical enough to maintain a TM?

These are the questions they should ask themselves, IMHO.

TC

Jenn

Thank you guys very much for your responses. We primarily clean houses and commercial buildings. We are a small business. I know the benefits of a TM, but it is not in the picture quite yet. I am looking at doing carpets and possibly tile occasionally, so a portable would be my 1st choice. Since I am just getting started in the business, I am also looking for education courses as well. Your opinions are great and will be considered when I purchase a portable. Thanks.

Jenn

Not a former rocket scientist.

Latest posts

Latest Auctions

Back
Top Bottom