What is a typical sqft rate for commercial

gimmeagig

Name
Roxy
Hehehe ...
More of the village idiot type.
In Elmer type locales.
Way south of the Mason Dixon line.
Where his 14-year-old daughter smokes at the dinner table in front of her kids.
And someone in his family died right after saying, ‘Hey, guys, watch this.’
More of the village idiot type.
In Elmer type locales.
Way south of the Mason Dixon line.
Where his 14-year-old daughter smokes at the dinner table in front of her kids.
And someone in his family died right after saying, ‘Hey, guys, watch this.’

I was going to respond to Marty who seems to have a rare condition called "Internet Turrets" LOL but Ofer, you said it all.
That was brilliant!
How can Marty hold down ANY job at all, let alone one that requires interaction with the public.

steve_64

Dude 5 hours by yourself prespray and flush.

You won't be cleaning every sq ft. I just got done with a 5000 sq ft vision doctors offices for $500. Took two hours.

The wand never stopped and I did have a helper.

Name
Noble Carpet Cleaners
it's not hard. Do a little math based on what you say you accomplish in residential + a few ideas that are tossed out here and then move forward. Take a shot and do the job. You'll find out real fast the do's and the don'ts and the holy sh..'s. Do just a couple more and you'll be the one with the how-to info....

Reactions: PrimaDonna

Jim Williams

Name
Jim Williams
I have done a local police dept. similar to the job you are describing but a little smaller. .13 a sq. ft. puts me at $100 an hour with a truckmount and no vacuuming. Keep in mind most local government agencies are going to go with the cheapest they can find.

Reactions: SamIam

encapman

Name
Rick Gelinas
Hi,
Commercial job. Multiple offices and meeting rooms around 13000 sqft. ... The carpets are not super dirty just regular for offices.
Thanks

Encap cleaning with a Cimex will get you into the 2,000 - 3,000 sq ft range.

Additional time will be need to be allotted for additional stuff like vacuuming, getting water, moving things, etc. A very basic helper can handle the "additional stuff", while the primary tech runs the Cimex.

If we factor your Cimex/encap yield on the low side, you'd be running the Cimex at 2,000 sq ft per hour. If you bid at .10 per sq ft (very conservative), you'll generate $200 per hour. That will bring in a total of $1,300 for the job.

Now let's factor your Cimex/encap yield in the medium range, running the Cimex at 2,500 sq ft per hour. If you bid at .15 per sq ft (middle of the road), you'll generate $375 per hour. That will bring in a total of $1,950 for the job.

From your description, the job isn't too dirty. So I think it would be reasonable to figure on cleaning production at around 2,500 sq ft per hour. Depending on where you are in the country, a rate of $1950 would be a fair price to bid this at. Do a good demo and make a good presentation and you should be able to get them onboard at that rate. And it should be an easy job to clean if you use a Cimex and a good encap detergent.

If you have any questions or need assistance feel free to shoot me a message. I hope you land the account!

Last edited:

gimmeagig

Name
Roxy
I always thought @gimmeagig was a girl.. With the name Roxy, I assumed it was like Roxane...

Do the math, if you can find out what's the budget it'll help.. or at least what they paid before.. Itd tell me if it's even worth bidding on..
I hate to disappoint but I am not a girl. I'm just an old grizzled white guy 61, still kind of good looking from a distance:). I am a musician and in the 70s I lived In Germany and played guitar in Rock bands. I was really into the Roxy Music look at the time . So they started calling me Roxy. When I moved to the states I kept Roxy because nobody could pronounce my German name.
So now you guys know stuff about me.

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
I hate to disappoint but I am not a girl. I'm just an old grizzled white guy 61, still kind of good looking from a distance:). I am a musician and in the 70s I lived In Germany and played guitar in Rock bands. I was really into the Roxy Music look at the time . So they started calling me Roxy. When I moved to the states I kept Roxy because nobody could pronounce my German name.
So now you guys know stuff about me.
Probably just broke Nate's heart.

Reactions: Nate The Great

Able 1

Name
Keith
I usually eyeball my jobs and I'm coming out to make a little upwards of 100.-per hour.

I eyeballed them for a while also, seemed I always got screwed!! I measure everything now.. Big areas always took longer then I thought.

icleancarpetz

Name
Rafael Samson
The moment you low moisture with cimex or 175, chances are the guy subbing to you will want to do it himself next time. Maybe.

2600-2800 if you can get it. And if you do get just once, least you made money for 2-3 days work considering what you described.

Jimmy L

Name
Jimmy L
Let's not put a mask on what "Encap" is. It's just SHAMPOOING .

And it's a complete FARCE and marketing BS that it "Encaps" anything.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
That just means they did it wrong. It should actually look brighter and dry faster when done correctly.

Encap can mean many things. CRB and squirt bottle to Cimex or Orbot Vibe. Somebody fooked it up!

We have the abilty to clean with most methods. HWE with Zippers, Encap with Cimex, OP with Orbot Vibe & Sprayborgs. Even dry compound using Host.

While some methods are more suitable for given situations, in general we will Encap CGD.

Last edited by a moderator:

encapman

Name
Rick Gelinas
Let's not put a mask on what "Encap" is. It's just SHAMPOOING .

And it's a complete FARCE and marketing BS that it "Encaps" anything.

According to the largest commercial carpet manufacturer in the USA... "Low moisture encapsulation systems efficiently improve carpet appearance with limited down time for cleaning and drying." http://www.shawcontract.com/Html/PerformanceMaintenance (Click the "Cleaning" tab)

You've gone off your meds again Jimmy. You've gotta take 'em every day.

ruff

Name
Ofer Kolton
"Low Moisture Encapsulation: Low moisture encapsulation systems efficiently improve carpet appearance with limited down time for cleaning and drying. The cleaning agent R2Xtra, or another encapsulating cleaner certified by the Carpet and Rug Institute Seal of Approval Program, is applied and mechanically agitated into the carpet pile, allowed to dry, then vacuumed to remove the encapsulated soil. In conjunction with scheduled hot water extraction, the low moisture method helps maintain premium carpet appearance."

Many here are big fans of scheduled conjunction.

encapman

Name
Rick Gelinas
I certainly wouldn't argue that point Ofer - HWE is an integral part of carpet maintenance. As Shaw recommends: " In conjunction with scheduled hot water extraction, the low moisture method helps maintain premium carpet appearance." Both modes of cleaning fit together to provide optimum care.

I especially like what Shaw said here... "Interim Cleaning: Interim cleaning may be conducted between extractions to reduce the total number of extractions and renew carpet appearance."

Reducing the need for frequent HWE is a major benefit of a good encap program.

icleancarpetz

Name
Rafael Samson
you wanna impress them, get your self a rotovac. You'll be the one they will think About then call each time carpets need cleaning.

Btw microfiber pads are junk.

Reactions: Jimmy L

Goomer

Name
Frank Mendo
There is no such thing as a "typical" rate with so many factors involved, especially the large sq ft differences between different jobs.

Your own "typical" sq ft RANGE will be found as a result of what most have already recommended, that is pricing each job by first determining how long the job will likely take, and figuring out how much per hour you need.

Only then can you do the math to determine a sq ft rate for each job and find a rough range for yourself.

Try to avoid talking sq ft rates over the phone without seeing the job first.

Able 1

Name
Keith
We just did 700sq ft. tonight in 1.5 hours, all a PITA with hose management because the kitchen was up stairs where we were cleaning.. So... Whatever it sucked! Red pad on the 175 and kicked ass! They will pay $250, and like it..

Able 1

Name
Keith
Local big name company(for the area, not franchise) is rolling with a $350 minimum for commercial.. I'm taking a bunch from them!! I like commercial, just not restaurants.. There is always a price!!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom