What is the best way to get out there

Chads

Supportive Member
My name that is,phone book doesn't come out for some time. (February)
I just need to know how to get known and don't have hardly any money for advertising any thoughts would be appreciated just tring to get going.
Sometimes I wonder what I got myself into.

Jimmy L

Name
Jimmy L
Hit the streets and pass out your business card to everyone.

Tell everyone what you do.

Family connections etc.

Chads

Supportive Member
I have already been out on the streets passing out business cards to people and commercial accounts even made some flyer's but don't want to break any laws passing out on peoples cars or on commercial property
passing out business cards get me in touch with commercial people but need the residential people to know me

DevilDog

The BEST low cost method to advertise is business cards and passing them out to EVERYONE you see.

Now, the business card itself should be a good one. Talk to Wayne Miller.

That is the BEST low cost way to go.

It can pay off handsomely.

DevilDog

Chads

Supportive Member
I ve been in the biz about ten years I have only just started my own company for the second time The first business I was only 19 and didn't know crap so I'm trying it again and when I say I've been in the biz for ten years it has been off and on a little here and there help friends and little side work

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
well then, get out of the house and hit the streets.

if you're not busy, you have MORE than enough time to make cold calls

Stop at every biz that doesn't have a "no soliciting' sign on the door.
Restaurants, video stores, doctors, dentists, lawyers, butcher, baker and candlestick maker.

Introduce yourself, hand them a card and ask if they're happy with their current CC'r

You know what else?
Every one of the peeps you hand a card to at those biz's lives somewhere :idea:

..L.T.A.

B&BGaryC

Name
B&BGaryC
meAt said:
well then, get out of the house and hit the streets.

if you're not busy, you have MORE than enough time to make cold calls

Stop at every biz that doesn't have a "no soliciting' sign on the door.
Restaurants, video stores, doctors, dentists, lawyers, butcher, baker and candlestick maker.

Introduce yourself, hand them a card and ask if they're happy with their current CC'r

You know what else?
Every one of the peeps you hand a card to at those biz's lives somewhere :idea:

..L.T.A.

I ignore the no soliciting signs. I avoided them before, but after missing them a couple of times and walking in anyway, I saw them as I was talking to the potential client, mentioned that I was sorry that I didn't see their no soliciting sign. The response I usually got was that I wasn't trying to solicit their customers, and I didn't bring in a suitcase full of nick-nacks so it was okay that I came in. After hearing that enough times I ignored the signs.

700 cold call walk ins later, ONE person mentioned no solicitors. However, I only got 5 accounts out of the 700 walk ins I did.

bob vawter

Grassy Knoller
Name
bob vawter
Chad...do you wanna know or not...i can tell you THE BEST way to get yorsef started...i tol this on the red board THREE YEARS ago.....

B&BGaryC

Name
B&BGaryC
ODIN said:
I just hang out on Friday afternoons and Saturday mornings around the Rug Doctor display at the store, When some one starts looking at the RD I hand them a card works around 60% of the time.

T

Only you ODIN.

Priceless!

Or $29.95....

Kevin

Don't put flyers on cars...People hate that.
Go stick them on mail boxes or doors.

Mikey P

Administrator
ODIN said:
I just hang out on Friday afternoons and Saturday mornings around the Rug Doctor display at the store, When some one starts looking at the RD I hand them a card works around 60% of the time.

T

Only 60%???
Must be your cigar breath scaring them away because your prices are cheaper then renting the RD..

Chads

Supportive Member
what I'm getting at is nobody knows who I am in residential am I suppose to wait and follow other carpet cleaners to there appointments and tell their customer I'll do a better job and would have been here two days ago when you really wanted your carpet cleaned

G

I use postcards for marketing to new customers. But, if you can get in with some older ladies,and REALLY impress them with not only your skills,but also your well groomed appearance and overly respectful mannerisms,they will do your marketing for you.

I get phone calls as I am pulling out of my customer's driveway"you just cleaned Sara so & so's carpet,and she said.......so will you please clean mine"?

Of course,I am a Southern Gentleman(Ivan said I sound like John Edwards-pres candidate).
That's something that only momma can teach.

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
get yourself involved with other small business

window washers
painters
maids
pest exterminators.........
etc,etc

people of this nature like yourself that are in and out of business and homes
meeting different people.............

I work with about 20 different small business.........and we just listen to our clients on what there needs are and referrer each other.....

Kevin Hamer

Despite what some people say, If you are as despirate as you say you are than I would not hesitate getting some fliers made up and going to shopping centers and putting them on car. Guarrentee you will get work out of it.

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
I don't know how everyone else is but in some areas here we have to get a permit to do that and /or ask permission from the owner if we can do it

and most the time they say you cant because it litters there parking lot.......

so you might want to check the rules if you have any,

John Buxton

The absolute best thing you can do is get yourself hooked up to carpet retailers. You cant buy a good referral, you have to earn it. Offer to clean the owners place for free to prove your worth. I've got stores that I've worked for for 15 years now, and got them out of some problems. I just got a referral from an x Shaw rep that landed me a $25K a year gig. Not braggin, just tellin ya how important a good referral can be. I'm not the best cleaner, but they dont know that, its an illusion.

I use magnets more than business cards, they stay up forever.

B&BGaryC

Name
B&BGaryC
I been trying to convince boss man to let me send out a flyer in an envelope with a magnate. He won't do it. I told him we will get 10 times the advertising of a post-card out of it, but no on the postage and no on the magnate cost. He doesn't think $1.15 a mailer is worth it.

John Buxton

The old saying that the customer is always right is BS. The same goes with the boss, but he is the boss. A blind mailing is imo a waste of money,but handing them a magnet at every job is priceless.

B&BGaryC

Name
B&BGaryC
John Buxton said:
The old saying that the customer is always right is BS. The same goes with the boss, but he is the boss. A blind mailing is imo a waste of money,but handing them a magnet at every job is priceless.

This is a carefully put together mailing list of the 700 homes I want to get into. All of the streets I remember being on and the houses I remember cleaning where they had no objections to price and had their carpets cleaned often. Out of the 700 homes on the list, 175 of them are homes that I have been in when I worked at another company. (I did not steal a customer list, I just remember doing 10 houses on one block, 6 on the other etc.)

Name
Ron lippold
Gray enough already just quit your frickin job cash in your 401 buy a unit and grow some balls and do it your way, enough excuses and bs

Jimmy L

Name
Jimmy L
I just handed my card to a lady as we were both watching the chemdry display at home depot!

Scott Hayward

Chad,

It isn't free but it is worth it. Join a BNI group. You should earn your money back within the month. Dress well, look good, be articulate, be positive, try to help out other members in the group, etc, etc and you should get good results. This has been a huge money maker for me.
The Chamber or other groups are options as well.

Scott

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom