WHAT IS THE COLDEST OUTSIDE, BEFORE MY TM FREEZES???

okccarpetman

[color=ITS 34 NOW ,I HAVE A JOB IN 1 HOUR ,WHAT TO DO? ITS MY FIRST TRUCKMOUNT,SO I'M NEW IT THE TM THINGS....ITS COVERED WITH, A CAMPER,SO ITS NOT AS COLD IN THERE..#FF0000][/color]

Becker

Name
Becker
34? 32 is freezing...

Even if it was 32, it will require time to cause damage. the lower the temp the shorter the time.

Able 1

Name
Keith
Go to the hardware store and get yourself a heater!

thermo.jpg

okccarpetman

WE GOT THAT !!!!! HEATER THAT IS ,, THANKSSSSSSSSSSSS I GUESS IF THE HEATER IS BIGGER IT WILL NOT FALL OVER WHILE USING HUH!!

Becker

Name
Becker
If you have a reg cargo van ya don't need a very big heater.
I mean, ya only need to keep the temp above 32 inside the van.

Some foil coated hard foam glued to the ceiling of the van will keep a lot of heat in.
Or a factory insulation kit works wonders.

Remember heat rises.

Becker

Name
Becker
I'd mark it up as you being lazy then.

29?

HA HA!

You honestly called off your job because it was 29?

Well now ya have time to run out and shop for a key board where the cap locks button works.

(having fun?)

Able 1

Name
Keith
Called what off? The best thing to be doing is sucking carpet when the temp. is under 32... or you have it just sitting wasting electricity!! I will run mine to 15 below wind chill!

CoN... no I don't do that!

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
okccarpetman said:
IT WENT FROM 34 TO 29 IN 10 MINS !!!!!!!!!! SO I CALLED IT OFF

dude, you're kidding us, right?

:roll: :roll: :roll:

you're TM isn't isn't going to freeze on the way to the job.
When the TM is running it will NEVER freeze at that temp.

you don't cancel jobs because it's a little cold out.

..L.T.A.

Mark Saiger

Mr Happy!
Name
Mark Saiger
I've been out cleaning with my Butler truckmount all day in 10 degree weather(pretty mild day actually). I have even cleaned in 70 below weather. You can do it, you just need to plan ahead. Your water line will be the last hose to come in the house. Also, you might need to run the water through the line to heat it up before starting to run it in the house. In really, really cold weather is when you need to keep things moving. It is very rare that you will freeze up while cleaning.

I would definately keep the heater going in the van. If you can get it into a garage as well to help shelter it would be good. Eventually a heated and insulated garage might be a great investment. I have seen many truckmounts get froze up and it is very spendy. Most every connector ends up being replaced as well as heat exchangers, water pumps, you name it...if it freezes, it will break. Your scrub wands and cleaning tools will also freeze and ruin the valves.

You also need to consider that a few of your cleaning agents might also not be effective if frozen.

Give me a call if you have more questions. Being from Northern Minnesota and our family having been in the cleaning industry for 45 years, we have seen a lot.

Mark Saiger
218-326-4736

okccarpetman

I can call off jobs !!!!!! Aint it great !!!! PLUS I DONT WANT MY HOSES TO FREEZE.. I also KNOW why , I kept my PROCHEM CHEYANNE!!!! By the way I do 4-5 jobs a day by myself, 1 job at shit , especially when its freezing out there!!!

Becker

Name
Becker
OK, Come on.. you are either a fake poster.

Or

Just having a little fun playing dumb.

And if both are wrong. I'm really sorry... I mean really sorry!

Whats better than being able to call jobs off, is not having to book after hour jobs in the 1st place. unless you have hired help doing it.

But at 29, or even 20 ya don't have to worry about hoses freezing.

If that was the case, 3/4s of the country would not clean carpets 3-4 months out of the year.

Hell I still wear shorts at 29.

okccarpetman

I FORGOT TO SAY THAT MY HEATER FOR MY MACHINE WENT OUT YESTERDAY ,, SO I THINK THAT THE HOSES FREEZES FAST DOESNT IT? WITH NO HEAT/STEAM THATS WHAT I MEANT SRY!!!

Becker

Name
Becker
Heater for your machine?

Heck, even moving cold water won't freeze at 29.

I've ran cold supply lines at a much colder temp.

Mark Saiger

Mr Happy!
Name
Mark Saiger
James,

I would agree that if your heat exchanger for your Truckmount is not working, it would be difficult to clean carpets. It might even be a bit difficult to keep the hoses from freezing if not moving water through them.

What kind of TM unit do you have and do you know what the problem is with it?

Sorry to hear you are having problems. It is not fun when the truckmount is not working properly.

Mark

Able 1

Name
Keith
Oh, I understand now I couldn't hear you before since you were whispering! I TOTALLY AGREE!

XTREME1

RIP
Name
Greg Crowley
there were a couple long drives (15 miles) last year that had me concerned with some of my solution line and tools but it was 3 degrees out. I hate 34 degree rain more than 18 degree cold

http://www.abccarpetcarellc.com/ your website wasn't full moded in your profile so I posted it for the people who think your fake.

Becker

Name
Becker
Who did ya hear that from? Your competition?

The last year I worked in Spokane WA over 8 years ago it snowed and went below freezing the day after the election.

That snow stayed on the ground till the end of Feb. Ran every day.. Mon-Fri.

In temps so cold, a little spilled water on the driveway was frozen in secs.

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
Matt Murdock said:
there were a couple long drives (15 miles) last year that had me concerned with some of my solution line and tools but it was 3 degrees out. I hate 34 degree rain more than 18 degree cold

you run a slide-in right, Greg?

on bitter cold mornings, we'll start the TM and run it for 15 min or so before leaving.
A warm TM gives off a lot of radiant heat

..L.T.A.

kmdineen

Name
Kevin Dineen
You are a multi-truck operation and have 15 years in this trade. Yet you cancel a job because the temperature falls to 29 degrees? I think Becker is right and your pulling our leg about something

Name
I'm Rick James
So you doing 4-5 jobs a day by yourself without a heat exchanger, wow that must suck to clean carpets with cold water. How long has your heater been out?

okccarpetman

ITS EASY TO CLEAN WITH NO HEAT BEING ,THE GREEN-CLEANING MONSTER THAT IS!!!!!
IVE ALWAYS CLEANED WITH NO HEAT - MY MACHINE NEVER HAD IT WHEN GOT IT , IVE HAD IT ABOUT 3 WKS.. BUT I HAVE ALWAYS CLEANED WITH PORTY'S .. IT IS ALOT FASTER MAYBE 30 MINS A JOB OR SO.. NOW THAT I HAVE MY TM I NEED HEAT, ITS A AVENGER , IF YOU HAVE ANY SUGGESTION'S PLZ HELP.. THATS A WHOLE ANOTHER STORY!!!!!

Becker

Name
Becker
Greg,

LOL

Jury is still out on this guy.

Just because his profile has a link to a carpet cleaning company does not mean he is real.

Shhhh....

Fake posters are not honest.

If anything, I think the guy is just looking for screw with us.
Cap locks alone is the 1st red flag.

G

:p :roll:

that almost as funny(if its true as Marty not running the engine with the V; lol

Mark Saiger

Mr Happy!
Name
Mark Saiger
Spent some time on the phone talking to James. He has been cleaning as an owner operator with portables and low moisture for a number of years and has picked up his first truckmount. It needs some work and he is looking for some parts and help. I don't know enough about the prochem avenger 210 to help. What I saw on the pictures for a 210 is he might need just hoses to his heat exchangers and or his heat exchangers could be leaky. That could be the reason they were disconnected. He might also need a blower silencer. He is just a common hard working cleaner is sounds like trying to get along. Don't know if anyone can help, but I reassured him there are some pretty knowledgable people here.

Mark

Becker

Name
Becker
Did ya tell him, cleaning below 32 is clearly ok.

What kinda TM do ya have with a heater that is out?

Back
Top Bottom