What is the definition of "Low Moisture Cleaning"?

bensurdi

Name
Benjamin Surdi
Does this consist of Encaping?

I am somewhat interested in learning this method of cleaning to offer an alternative to particular situations.

I own a CRB machine. Is Low moisture basically just pre-vacuuming followed by applying a good encap product, using the CRB and using air movers to dry?

supersoaker

Name
Michael Malandruccolo
Not sure if it has a true definition. But your procedure would be fine. I think an op machine with some cotton pads would do a better job.

Steam cleaning can be considered low moisture too, if you get it dry fast. Read it in ICS, I like it.

BTW, Who does your SEO and how much are you paying for it? I see you rank well for Seattle.

Mike

Jose Smith

When I was on the Board of Directors of the LMCCA (Low Moisture Carpet Cleaners Association), we developed the first technical definition of the term, "low moisture cleaning" in the industry.

In the White Paper it says, "Low Moisture Cleaning is methods and/or procedures that allow any fibers to dry to its natural state in two hours or less."

See their website for more info. www.lmcca.org

Jose Smith

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
I don't have problems with LMCCA's definition and I'm fine with it.

though IMO, there are only a few "truly" low moisture systems.
Those that use low amounts of water.

shampoo methods like Von Shrader or encap (which is really just ole-fashioned rotary shampooing) would qualify.
Certainly your CRB would qualify too, as well as host/capture poultice type methods obviously.
and maybe the that porty that recycles dirty water (CFR?)

Most would consider bonnet and pad cleaning LM, and it is if you only consider the CCing part of the equation....but to pick nits....when you factor in the water used to launder pads/bonnets, it's really not true LM in the "total" sense IMO

..L.T.A.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom