What is this?

realclean

Name
Jesse Lowe
I just received a call to look at a tile floor with black marks on it.

The person that called me is a friend that only does hard surfaces.

He said that they tried several chemicals and a 175 floor machine, but no go, he also tells me that it looks like skid marks from shoes, a cart or sometime like that.

I get there and the construction company forman says that several peoples have tried and can not remove any of the black stains.

What would you try? I do have the answer.
Tile2.JPG
Tile3.JPG
Tile4.JPG

Old Coastie

Supportive Member
Name
Stephen
Looks like the type of scrape marks left when something metal gets dragged around on the tile. I agree with trying a cleanser like Barkeepers Friend with a scouring pad. Of course test in a small area.

Todd is right. Mike might be right too, but don't anybody tell him.

Reactions: Todd C

realclean

Name
Jesse Lowe
The person that called me had tried floor stripper but that did not work.

I did try a little POG but that did not work, so the only other thing I had on the truck at the time to try was rust remover and POW that took it off with no problem.

With that, my guess is it must have metal in it.

Todd C

Name
Todd
The person that called me had tried floor stripper but that did not work.

I did try a little POG but that did not work, so the only other thing I had on the truck at the time to try was rust remover and POW that took it off with no problem.

With that, my guess is it must have metal in it.
Be careful with rust remover. I did that one time and it ended up etching the face of the tile.

Reactions: Mikey P

realclean

Name
Jesse Lowe

We did try a Mr.Clean Magic eraser but it did not remove any of the marks.

Be careful with rust remover. I did that one time and it ended up etching the face of the tile.

I will not be doing this job, I just went over to help see what could be used to remove the marks. Unless someone comes up with a product that would remove with out any damage to the tile.

Back
Top Bottom