What is your slowest month of the year?

Mike Draper

What is your slowest month of the year? And what % less money do you bring in that month vs. your average month?

Name
Lee Stockwell
Our commercial work varies less than 10% from highest to lowest month of the year. In residential February is the worst (10% shorter too), and August is best because of university move-ins.

Jim Williams

Name
Jim Williams
Feb. for me, about 50% of an average month. But each year the slow months get better. In the past Sept. has been kind of slow but I'm booked out a week this year.

bob vawter

Grassy Knoller
Name
bob vawter
ROCKS......!

You know....not quite goin' to the poor house......lik in Feb..........for SOME reason, my commercial dealerships always pops in at the darkest hour!

TimP

Januarary is the worst along with September....I'd say the decrease is in the neighborhood of 50% less. This September this year is different because I have a large cgd job that would normaly be done in the summer that I didn't have last year anyway. So it's giving my September a boost, so I'm definitely ok for the month. And fortunately I should have enough in the bank to make it through January of next year without borrowing again like I have been doing, as I'm a fairly new business.

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
Feb is the worst with March not far behind. March was a little better this year for some reason. Feb is about 40% less than my normal months.

joey895

Supportive Member
Name
Joey J.
February is the worst with September a close second. Although like Tim it looks like I'm going to be getting a good sized commercial job in the next week or two. If I get it, it will be almost as much money as I did all of last September.

Oh and I agree with above, about 50-60% less than an average month.

G

January for me; drops about 10%; All my custys are commercial; on accasion it will be the time when residential will go out of control; darn bored house wifes do post christmas cleaning then they run us ragged!!!

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
October about 35% less than average. :(

Too early for holiday cleaning and too warm for pipe breaks and fire losses. Maybe this is the year to break the pattern. :roll:

brocksdad

Yeah january and febuary both suck for me. I get real bored and real bummed out. My bank account has control over my moods

bob vawter

Grassy Knoller
Name
bob vawter
Really?

I would think that Nov and Dec would be the BEST months...they are for me.....BY FAR!

topnotchman

Why is September a slow month for most of you? Feb. is slow for many, dead of winter, but why September? Start of school, last minute vacations?

Curious..

Rob Lyon

Name
Rob Lyon
Mid August till Mid September, Always off!!
Something to do with school clothers, most resort business around us also suffers at this time.

ACE

Name
Mike Hughes
This year it was March and April. I got scared and took on a ton of low paying janitorial work to keep the pump primed.

Able 1

Name
Keith
Feb. sucks ( down 60% of average)and this year march was down from previous years(50%)

Keith

Mikey P

Administrator
This past Feb was my worse month to date but March was my second best.

You'd think those savvy folks who plan Connections would toss the party in February.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom