What Vac's Have You Bought - Last 12 months?

Derek

Supportive Member
Name
Derek
this IS NOT a slam-fest on why your vac is better than mine. there are enough threads about that (ala Bissel Cleanview -vs- Dyson....), so save that stuff for your own thread please.

what vacuum cleaners have you bought in the last 12 months, and which of them is your fav and why?

for me:

10 months ago i bought a store-close-out Lindhaus Activa for 50% of retail price. complete waste of $, now i know why Lindhaus stopped making this model...

3 months ago i bought a Dyson DC17 (their newest model). excellent suc power, but poor design. should have invested the $ in my next vac...

last week i bought my 2nd yellow DC07 in 3 years.

the DC07 is the best vac i've purchased in the last 12 months.

so what about you?

dallasdj

Dyson DC14

I'll never work without one again...I would not use it everyday on same carpet but once or twice a year on the same carpet is fine. It's like a weak pile lifter.

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
I have been running the Dyson dc14 for about 3 years now........

same one in and out the truck 3 to 5 times a day 5 to 6 days a week............

works like brand new....great vacuum.

clean the beater bar off once a week and keep going............

steve g

Name
steve garrett
the dysons are house vacs, get a real commercial vac like the sanitare, if its bad enough for me to break out the vac, there is a ton of shit to vac, and no other vac handles that like the sanitare,

B&BGaryC

Name
B&BGaryC
I got a rebuilt Royal. (Kirby Style)

It looks like it's from the 70's, but it could be from the 80's or 90's even.

It's the old style that inflates the bag. It sucks good, picks up what I want it to pick up. I don't think it can even spell HEPA but I buy the "filtration bag for it.

Here's why it's awesome:

A little heavy, but the handle weighs ounces, and has a spring to help support that weight.

It is self propelled. Just a little nudge sends it forward.

It is very easy to pull back. (surprising for a self-prop vac.)

Basically, you can loosely grip it with your thumb and fore-finger and vacuum for hours with zero exersion.

Build me a HEPA Monster suckin' machine that handles like this vacuum and I'll use it, but I don't ever want to go back to heavy handled vacuums you have got to fight to do anything with.

KevinL

Supportive Member
Name
Kevin Leach
Hoover wind tunnel, self propelled forward and back, green light shows where it's picking up dirt. Goes red when clean. Very cool. Sucks good. Bag and hepa keep the dirt in. Holds a ton before you need to change the bag. $99 at

Sorry, I can't tell everyone. I don't want them to run out.

steve frasier

Supportive Member
Name
steve frasier
I bought 2 pro-team super coach vacuums with the turbo vacuum head, the are on sale at JonDon for $350 per vacuum

I don't buy/use any other type of vacuum

alazo1

Name
Albert Lazo
I bought a 14" upright proteam about a year ago. I like it better then the 12" winsor. The proteam is easier to push on plush carpets and the extra 2" make a difference. Also I like the fact that you can turn the brush off on the proteam.

Albert

Ron Werner

Name
Ron Werner
Got another Cleartrak off ebay, thanks to a tip from someone on here.
Can't buy them anywhere else now. Inexpensive filters, not HEPA, but it sure picks up the soil!!! Its actually fun when I get into a real dirty place and I can watch all that soil caking into the cannister. For the first 5 minutes any way :shock:
Been using the Cleartrak since 95.

TimP

I've only bought one for the business. Pv-12 by windsor. I can't complain about it. It does a good job in my opinion. I wouldn't say its the best since I haven't tried others. I wouldn't buy a residential vacuum cause they are ungodly huge and ugly.

Neil

KevinL said:
Hoover wind tunnel, self propelled forward and back, green light shows where it's picking up dirt. Goes red when clean. Very cool. Sucks good. Bag and hepa keep the dirt in. Holds a ton before you need to change the bag.

I have the same vacuum for my home, works great but I have a couple of others I like better.

Sanitaire Commercial, I highly recommend it.

I picked up a broken Electrolux Discovery 2, had to be from the early 90's late 80's. Anyhow I had it fixed- new belt, cord, handle, bag, ect. In my experience thus far it pulls better than any vacuum I own. I don't use it on a lot of jobs though because it isn't bagless.

dallasdj

Steve G,

"Real commercial", why because it says so on the bag.

Don't be so gullible.

Performance is what matters, not jargon.

Art Kelley

Supportive Member
Name
Rainbow Carpet And Upholstery Cleaning
I love the Oreck XL. I've got one at home and at my vacation condo and on my truck, for when my customers are particularly piggy. I always tell my custys to get one when they ask, 8 lbs. anyone can handle one, powerful and self adjusting. They're on sale at Jon-Don for $189.45.

B&BGaryC

Name
B&BGaryC
Mikey P said:
Royal piece of crap.

Those things leave a ton of fine dirt behind.

Do a real test.

Baby steps Mikey. When I started at this company 6 months ago we bullied customers into vacuuming before we got there.

The owner says he won't spend more than $100 on a vacuum. I think the royal was a steal compared to whatever he was going to pick me up at Lowes.

How do I do a "real test" anyway. I figured if the bag filled up fast it must be doing it's job.

russgolfer

Sanitaire SC5845 - Bagless, Big dirt cup. Only complaint is that it will go through a few belts if the techs have the height adjustment set too low. Bought 3 in the last two years. $200 + shipping from Houston Vacuum on Ebay.

Mike Brummett

CC_91449.jpg

Tornado C/V30. Mine are about 2 years old. HEPA filtration, lays flat to go under beds and the customer will never see one at Target or Wal-Mart.

MIKE

PS Any vacuum is only as good as how often you change the bags and filters and maintain it.
Royals, Sanitairres, Orecks, etc. are all pretty equal if you keep them in peak operating condition

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom