What Vacuum is recommended to your commercial encap accounts

Lint Basket

Name
Scott Mckay
I have several accounts I've maintained for years and have started dabbling with encap. I know their vacuuming is lacking and I would like to educate them, but I need educated first.

What vacuum do you recommend to your commercial clients?

Jimmy L

Name
Jimmy L
Yes Marty is right . Several years ago there was a test about actually seeing what was in the vacuum bag after some "Encapsulation" cleaning. There was nothing in the bag that produced any crystals or film formers etc.
And my opinion was and still is that the stuff doesn't encapsulate anything but the true cleaning was the initial vacuum step. And that all encapsulation shampoos do is leave a " Dry residue"

Reactions: BIG WOOD

Old Coastie

Supportive Member
Name
Stephen
IMG_0616.JPG

The grey bagful
Came out after encapping. That floor was vacuumed with their brand-new Dyson, my backpack vacuum then extracted using DS2 as the prespray.

Next day I post-vacuumed. That grey stuff was (I suppose) now slicker and more willing to let go, so out it all came.

Yes, the post vac is an essential part of encapping.

Reactions: Lee Stockwell

Jimmy L

Name
Jimmy L
Have a hard time believing the prevac step was done correctly. Would never allow the staff to do it for me. You shouldn't have recovered that much in a post vac. I know you're here just like Shorty to push Ricky's juice but come on now!

Reactions: hogjowl

Old Coastie

Supportive Member
Name
Stephen
Who said staff? It is a house, about 1000 sq feet. The couple rescues dogs and you can see they shed like mad.

They bought a Dyson just to help prep and had moved every stick of furniture out to the porches, then vacuumed wall to wall. About three years ago, iirc.

Believe it.

Name
Nate W.
Have a hard time believing the prevac step was done correctly. Would never allow the staff to do it for me. You shouldn't have recovered that much in a post vac. I know you're here just like Shorty to push Ricky's juice but come on now!

I don't know where Rick stops and @Old Coastie begins.... :stir:

Jimmy L

Name
Jimmy L
I'll figure this out you can bet on that! Then I'll get back to you!

I AM WATCHING YOU!

ruff

Name
Ofer Kolton
:biggrin:

James I tried Betco and just as soon as I get my shoes unstuck from the carpet. I'll tell you what I think of it. :winky:

Walk away noob, you can't handle that product.
Must be the real thing. No need to post vac, as it will never let go of any soil- permanently glued to the backing.

C & co should definitely check it out- a real time saver.

Reactions: Desk Jockey

Bob Pruitt

Name
Robert Pruitt
I still like the Sanitaire/Eureka Commercial vacuums. Not having any issues with belts. Good beater bar, nice weight, solid build. I don't do encap but Will, the Host guy in Vegas does and likes his Sanitaires as well. Plus red and chrome... very cool.

Larry Cobb

Name
Larry Cobb
Last edited:
Reactions: Bob Pruitt

BIG WOOD

MLPW
Name
Matt w.
If you go wide vacuums, I still think this is the mother of all wide-vacs.... Dual brushes just like a CRB with a vacuum... Got bigger ballrooms and sh!t that need vacuuming, the ichariot ride on makes fooken quick work of it...

I liked that vacuum until I saw the price. I'd rather have a pile lifter for $1k less

Jimmy L

Name
Jimmy L
My hoover conquest 18 inch with dirt cup does just fine. One direction cleaning use like a lawn mower.

Name
Nate W.
I liked that vacuum until I saw the price. I'd rather have a pile lifter for $1k less

You can find Pile lifters for a few hundred bucks... They suck as a vacuum though..

If you do any serious type of encapping, you'd see the benefit of those Windsor units... We HWE some hallways at a hotel.. They vacuumed with that ride-on ichariot, what took them less than 5 minutes to vacuum what would have taken us 30 minutes per floor... I spend the money when I see the benefit, value and time saving... It's hard to find @Desk Jockey labor here... Unless you hire the homeless in tents and even then, they ask for much more than the Home Depot labor...:stir:

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
I've never had much luck with pile lifters on commercial carpet. Back in the dark ages we had 7 pile lifters. One for each truck and one in the shop for rugs. They were great machines but not filtration. Cloth bag (dust redistribution) on most of the ones we owned. Only the Chemspec had more thought put into it but it was a newer design.

They look impressive but as Nate pointed out, they suck...poooly as a vacuum. :winky:

Reactions: Jimmy L

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom