What Would You Do?

Willy P

Name
Willy P
A customer that I clean for as well as his family moved recently. He'd moved into a pet freindly suite with his dog. He got set to move and was going to call me to clean the carpets, but his landlord insisted on using his guy. "his guy" did a horrible job. The lanlord phoned my custy and said he was keeping the entire 1100 dollar security deposit.He asked if he would let me have a shot at it first. I did and there wasn't sqaut left but a spotless carpet when Ii finished. He seemed happy. BUT he called and said that one spot came back and the carpet was slippery after it dried?:bullshit: I phoned him and told him I would come back and take care of the spot as well as rinse the carpets again with clear water.Originally I used 4 ounces of Hydramaster Hydraclean in the tank to 10 gallons of water with a very light prespray. Then he phoned Ron, my client, and told him the entire place reeked of urine and he was keeping the deposit to replace the carpets. I ordered a gallon of odorcide and wanted to go back and blacklight it and treat the spots, if there were any. Nope he said, nothing to be done, he;s replacing the carpets and keeping the deposit. At that point I told him I had taken pictures and explained in a nice way that if he tried to do that the government run Residential Tenancy Branch would toss his case out in a heartbeat. He got pissed at me and hung up.

What would you do?

Scott S.

Supportive Member
Name
Scott
Your the man for standing up for your customer! Very awesome! I clean for a lot of renters and land lords, I always take pictures. Some landlords are just crooks. Sounded like he just wanted an easy payday. Even if he does take the entire deposit I bet you he never changes a thing.

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk

Reactions: Willy P

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
I.......would buy a TM and quit fookin around with little boy toys! :p

Willy you're really at the guys mercy and it sounds like he doesn't want to save the carpet, no matter what it looks or smells like. No matter what you do, you're not going to please him. As far as a fight, they are used to it, I'm sure they fight regularly.

ruff

Name
Ofer Kolton
All you can do is document what you've done and the landlord refusal to let you inspect and correct if possible etc.
Hand it to your client (the tenant) and let him fight it in court, if he wishes.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom