What's a good Wide Area Vacuum?

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
I think I'm going to need a Wide Area Vacuum, we've never owned one.

Anyone have one? If so do you like it or would you buy a different brand.

Thanks!

8)

Name
Jesse
Depends on what your doing.

Tenant has some nice upright style vacs, we have the 3240, and the 3260. They are easy lift in and out of a van, work well, and are durable.

The 3280 is way bulkier and not much wider than the 3260 but really digs in well.

Advance is my 2nd chioce, Windsor third. Small vacs I do prefer Windsor though.

Larry Cobb

Name
Larry Cobb
Richard;

We have lots of customers who like the NSS 30" wide area vac.

It has two Ametek vac motors in parallel and a durable cloth bag system.

The brush also does a good job of standing up the pile & paper bags are also available.

Larry Cobb

Jeremy

Name
Jeremy
Get one with a power head attachment for underneath desks & stuff & a debris collection tray for paper clips & staples.... Paper bags are best but cost more. The cloth shake out is cheapest but you have to launder (& ensure it's all the way dry) it every now & then or it'll stink & the exhaust from the vac will too.

Derek

Supportive Member
Name
Derek
when i was looking i liked the NSS and the 28" Hoover Conquest (two 14" machines locked together).

hogjowl

Idiot™
Yeah, I think if I was forced to prevacuum 20,000 sf of carpet every month, and couldn't get away with not doing it, I'd have to get a back-pack vacuum. Everybody that owns one says they are the fastest way to speed through the unnecessary vacuuming that isn't really necessary for CGD carpet cleaning in a way that will make you ICS approved.

Otherwise, just fling the crap out of the way with your OP machine, or ... better yet ... vacuum over it with your hole glide.

Derek

Supportive Member
Name
Derek
i am one of the few / maybe only person who owns a couple BPV's and i wouldnt recommend it for that.

for janitorial, sure. but if you are going to maintain it for CC'ing then no thanx. it more for topical vac'ing, not get-down-deep vac'ing.

my opinion --- Derek.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom