what's the best brand of crayons to use?

Captain Morgan

Supportive Member
Name
Bill Morgan
Is Crayola King or are there other brands that are better? Wally World name brand has crayons for about half the price of Crayola. Would this be a situation of "you get what you pay for"? Do art stores have even better crayons suited for what we'd be needing them for?
I don't want to sink a ton of money but I don't want crap either.

Thanks again,

J Scott W

Name
Jeffrey Scott Warrington
Crayons are crayons. The price for Crayolas covers marketing expense.

There are crayon like products made especially for carpet with hundreds of shades of most common colors for carpet. Also they come packed so that a professional can walk into the home without hiding the label. Bt in the end, if you can blend colors, crayons are crayons.

Scott Warrington

Royal Man

Name
Dave Yoakum
Crayons are paraffin wax (petroleum) It doesn't matter the brand. It works because poly/olefin carpets have an affinity for oil. When the wax is heated it is therefore absorbed into the fibers.

harryhides

Name
Tony
I have found some pretty good brands in an Art supply house but in most cases a crayon is a crayon.

Jack May

That Kiwi
Name
John
Dave Yoakum said:
Crayons are paraffin wax (petroleum) It doesn't matter the brand. It works because poly/olefin carpets have an affinity for oil. When the wax is heated it is therefore absorbed into the fibers.

Dave, if that is your thinking, wouldn't that be floored when working on wool?

John

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom