What's the consensus of opening up a vlm board on MB

grizzley

Name
Tim
Some of ya'll know that I am mainly a vlmer........I do offer HWE, and without hesitation will use it when the need requires it, but am very hesitant on doing many posts on here because of several reasons......but the #1 reason is because I have seen certain manufacturers and certain people in the past get their asses ripped apart by talking of the benefits...........But again, in MB defense, this was actually more than justified.

The reason for this post is I was wondering, along with others if MB would benefit from having a separate page for vlm discussions. A place where guys like me can go and discuss swirlin, pads, and general hack-alocious stuff.

I honestly believe having a separate place would do wonders here with membership, and would be a great educational experience for guys on both sides of the aisle. Vlmers can be their own worst enemy, and fight about method and equipment usage, but having a place to debate is good for the soul and honestly, a good way to learn if that's your purpose for being here.

What is your thoughts?

Art Kelley

Supportive Member
Name
Rainbow Carpet And Upholstery Cleaning
If you think VLMers have it bad talking about their process, try talking about portys and, BOOM, the pavlovian responses pour out like a 5 gallon bucket of waste water spilling onto the bathroom floor as you dump it into the toilet.

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
.but the #1 reason is because I have seen certain manufacturers and certain people in the past get their asses ripped apart by talking of the benefits

I disagree, Griz

they rarely get ripped for talking benefits, they get shredded for the lies, innuendo that HWE is evil and over hyping the efficacy of spray 'n wipe cleaning and/or sCampoo.

..L.T.A.

Reactions: Zee

bob vawter

Grassy Knoller
Name
bob vawter
sure i'm all for it....
this board could stand a few more laughs from
time to time....bring it on John.........

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
I just read your other thread .
i didn't see any "ripping"...Matter of fact, I saw lots of thanks (including mine) as well as positive responses
know why?

cause you're not a nincompoop like Mardie (who i actually like) but is so blind

if you search past posts of Derek's, ( a full time VLM'er) you'll see he gets respect and is a valued member .
He's given good "real world" feed back on gear he's used .
Ricky "Relisit" Gelinas gets a shot or two thrown his way at times, but he's not a moron and gets plenty accolades as well

It's only the knucklehEds that talk out of their azz that get bludgeoned

..L.T.A.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
I honestly believe having a separate place would do wonders here with membership, and would be a great educational experience for guys on both sides of the aisle. Vlmers can be their own worst enemy, and fight about method and equipment usage, but having a place to debate is good for the soul and honestly, a good way to learn if that's your purpose for being here.
There are many here that offer some sort of VLM system along with HWE.

I think it would be a great idea. :cool:

Reactions: grizzley

hogjowl

Idiot™
Nothing but bad comes from letting the perverts have a dark room to congregate in. Keep all GHAY activity out in the open light of the clean room, or you'll eventually have the viruses running amuck over the whole board.

Zee

Supportive Member
Name
I think the only people afraid talking about vlm-ing -in the CleAn Room- are the real broke dick hacks that simply are too light in the brain to understand why they get "ripped" by the seasoned veterans (whom by the way pretty much all use vlm regularly).

We have pushed around OP, Cimex, VS etc machines for years, even before some of the broke dicks got into the business... and then they try telling telling us how the greatest safest most "awesomest" way to clean is with VS or circle diapers.

Zee

Supportive Member
Name
"Bring back Mardie" -Ofer on Zee's computer.

There, Ofer, I helped you out so you don't waste time typing that out....:stir:

Reactions: Desk Jockey

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
He is a good guy but stuck on what ever current method he is using at the time. I was glad he got the Rock and put down the VS for a while. I hope Mardie has a TM by now. :winky:

Zee

Supportive Member
Name
No problems with him..but with his inability to understand why we don't agree with him. And the fact that he simply can not comprehend when we say "we have made over $150grand with an Orbot and multiple of that amount with Cimexes". In other words we know how they work and what can be done with them. But still prefer actually flushing contamination out of the carpets.

J Brown

Name
Jeff Brown
I think the only people afraid talking about vlm-ing -in the CleAn Room- are the real broke dick hacks that simply are too light in the brain to understand why they get "ripped" by the seasoned veterans (whom by the way pretty much all use vlm regularly).

We have pushed around OP, Cimex, VS etc machines for years, even before some of the broke dicks got into the business... and then they try telling telling us how the greatest safest most "awesomest" way to clean is with VS or circle diapers.

What I've learned over the years it that they're just as many jerks using hwe only as they are using low moisture only and even multiple systems.

grizzley

Name
Tim
I just read your other thread .
i didn't see any "ripping"...Matter of fact, I saw lots of thanks (including mine) as well as positive responses
know why?

cause you're not a nincompoop like Mardie (who i actually like) but is so blind

if you search past posts of Derek's, ( a full time VLM'er) you'll see he gets respect and is a valued member .
He's given good "real world" feed back on gear he's used .
Ricky "Relisit" Gelinas gets a shot or two thrown his way at times, but he's not a moron and gets plenty accolades as well

It's only the knucklehEds that talk out of their azz that get bludgeoned

..L.T.A.
In my initial post on this subject, I did say in MB defense, the "bludgeoning" was more than Justified due to certain folks trying to escalade the debate.

However I do stand by my thought that MB is, in general not very "vlm friendly". Yes, I know many offer multiple methods here, but very, very few are just vlm only operators and need a place to offer and recieve advice.

Now you can go and say, "They do have a place at vacaway, or on *** if they choose, but why turn away possible memberships? Why turn away guys that could benefit the board overall. I do agree if idiots choose not to offer value to their conversation on here they need to leave, but debating among "PROFESSIONALS" is priceless when it comes to actually getting honest reviews on equipment or product.

Russ T.

Supportive Member
Name
Russ Terhaar
I love the idea of a separate area for VLM.

I'm not worried about posting a VLM discussion in the Clean Room though, I am here to learn after all.

It seems like a logical thing to do...keeping the riff raff out of the Clean Room.

Kidding...I promise;-)

grizzley

Name
Tim
I love the idea of a separate area for VLM.

I'm not worried about posting a VLM discussion in the Clean Room though, I am here to learn after all.

It seems like a logical thing to do...keeping the riff raff out of the Clean Room.

Kidding...I promise;-)

Well, my thought wasnt about segregation of the processes, but moreso as a place where if I a guy leans vlm, he can go to that room and give and receive advice without "mudding the waters" in a prominently hwe room, and vice versa.
Overall, and this is just my opinion, but vlm is growing, many guys are going to dual process or are already there. Just as many guys are the simple 1 method type on both sides of the aisle. MB is wildly successful, and leaders in the industry congregate here. People follow leaders. And more people on MB makes it that much better without "mudding the waters".

Reactions: Desk Jockey

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
No problems with him..but with his inability to understand why we don't agree with him. And the fact that he simply can not comprehend when we say "we have made over $150grand with an Orbot and multiple of that amount with Cimexes". In other words we know how they work and what can be done with them. But still prefer actually flushing contamination out of the carpets.
I'd agree for the most part. I do have a few accounts that HWE just makes matters worse. I keep listening to the boards and HWE and have to fix it with OP. :errf:

Reactions: grizzley

jcooper

Name
Jerry Cooper
Not going to happen. Use the clean room. It is for carpet and upholstery cleaning using all methods.

If it's in another room, it will get lost and no one will go there. At least if it's(vlm posts) in the main room(clean room) it might get some comments/attention.

Besides a little drama is good for the board... Pretty much everyone uses encap/vlm, not a big deal.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom