What's the fave steamer for Kool Aid/dye removal

Rick J

Name
rick Jones
Ihave had several of the /BD Namco steamers Still do on the shelf. They never worked more than one or two times! I just get used clothes irons , without teflon, and no auto shut off , from thrift stores.
The new steamers with separate tank and hose just seem like too much trouble to set up. At least to me.

I had gotten the steamers mainly to heat fibers for spot dyeing.

Reactions: Steve Lawrence

FredC

Village Idiot
I think the wagner ones are most similar to the old B&Ds

edit

[parsehtml]<iframe style="width:120px;height:240px;" marginwidth="0" marginheight="0" scrolling="no" frameborder="0" src="//ws-na.amazon-adsystem.com/widgets/q?ServiceVersion=20070822&OneJS=1&Operation=GetAdHtml&MarketPlace=US&source=ss&ref=as_ss_li_til&ad_type=product_link&tracking_id=swsfcc-20&marketplace=amazon&region=US&placement=B06X6HM2GG&asins=B06X6HM2GG&linkId=2759cf8694f10783e0a79a8c82566f82&show_border=true&link_opens_in_new_window=true"></iframe>[/parsehtml][parsehtml]<iframe style="width:120px;height:240px;" marginwidth="0" marginheight="0" scrolling="no" frameborder="0" src="//ws-na.amazon-adsystem.com/widgets/q?ServiceVersion=20070822&OneJS=1&Operation=GetAdHtml&MarketPlace=US&source=ss&ref=as_ss_li_til&ad_type=product_link&tracking_id=swsfcc-20&marketplace=amazon&region=US&placement=B0009XEL4O&asins=B0009XEL4O&linkId=ebb69e48fa0d263d001d310147110006&show_border=true&link_opens_in_new_window=true"></iframe>[/parsehtml]

Last edited:
Name
Steve Lawrence
I think the wagner ones are most similar to the old B&Ds

edit

[parsehtml]<iframe style="width:120px;height:240px;" marginwidth="0" marginheight="0" scrolling="no" frameborder="0" src="//ws-na.amazon-adsystem.com/widgets/q?ServiceVersion=20070822&OneJS=1&Operation=GetAdHtml&MarketPlace=US&source=ss&ref=as_ss_li_til&ad_type=product_link&tracking_id=swsfcc-20&marketplace=amazon&region=US&placement=B06X6HM2GG&asins=B06X6HM2GG&linkId=2759cf8694f10783e0a79a8c82566f82&show_border=true&link_opens_in_new_window=true"></iframe>[/parsehtml][parsehtml]<iframe style="width:120px;height:240px;" marginwidth="0" marginheight="0" scrolling="no" frameborder="0" src="//ws-na.amazon-adsystem.com/widgets/q?ServiceVersion=20070822&OneJS=1&Operation=GetAdHtml&MarketPlace=US&source=ss&ref=as_ss_li_til&ad_type=product_link&tracking_id=swsfcc-20&marketplace=amazon&region=US&placement=B0009XEL4O&asins=B0009XEL4O&linkId=ebb69e48fa0d263d001d310147110006&show_border=true&link_opens_in_new_window=true"></iframe>[/parsehtml]

Hey Fred,
Is the Black and Decker this one:
https://www.ebay.com/p/Black-Decker-Steamworks-Wallpaper-Stripper-Model-1200/1900202474

Is it the make or the style that you prefer?

FredC

Village Idiot

Rick J

Name
rick Jones

I did use distilled. But only one or two times. I even attemped to unclog by running vinegar through they like a coffee pot. Many years ago there was a Namco distributor here in town which is why I gave them a try.

BIG WOOD

MLPW
Name
Matt w.
I'm a bit frustrated with my Namco, due to how long it takes to do the magic compared to a iron. I'm used to putting an iron on the wet rag for 20seconds and after a few flips...BOOM! it's fixed. With a Namco, I think you have to leave it on a rag for a lot longer, which makes me hesitant to use it because of all that hot water that drips from it

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
I haven't used a steamer for years. I can usually get those stains out with oxidizers or reducers without heat. Just have to have patience

Name
Jeff T
Wagner 705. I bought mine used from a pawn shop for 10$.... I ran 50/50 cleaning vinegar and RO WATER. I ran it for 10 min and flushed it out. It works like new. It has helped me accelerate my spot removal. It’s saved my bacon a few times.

Mark Saiger

Mr Happy!
Name
Mark Saiger
Hey Fred,
Is the Black and Decker this one:
https://www.ebay.com/p/Black-Decker-Steamworks-Wallpaper-Stripper-Model-1200/1900202474

Is it the make or the style that you prefer?

This is the wall paper Steamer we prefer. The older Black and Decker Steamworks wall paper Steamer remover. The new ones with the hose take to long to heat up...

The new style Namco is similar but it cuts in and out during use... Just not as efficient..

We pick them up on ebay and have an extra in the shop all the time.

Wish they made this exact unit again.

This was just couple days ago.

Name
Scott Turknett
Why are you using a rag with the steamer?

I'm a bit frustrated with my Namco, due to how long it takes to do the magic compared to a iron. I'm used to putting an iron on the wet rag for 20seconds and after a few flips...BOOM! it's fixed. With a Namco, I think you have to leave it on a rag for a lot longer, which makes me hesitant to use it because of all that hot water that drips from it

Reactions: FredC

BIG WOOD

MLPW
Name
Matt w.
Why are you using a rag with the steamer?
Because I think the water dripping from the steamer has been the cause of a few bleaching spots by overheating the red zone I use. It's happened to me 3 times on 3 different jobs. I found out that the rag catches the water and prevents that from happening.

But since it's not direct heat, like an iron on a wet rag, it takes a lot longer for it to act like it should.

BIG WOOD

MLPW
Name
Matt w.

Can you show me what the bottom of that steamer looks like?

Reactions: Mark Saiger

steve_64

I have a clothes steamer with the long hose. It works good but I don't carry it with me. I do keep a carpet seamer under the passenger seat though. I've had both for over 4 years.

Name
Steve Lawrence
Well, we are going to try out the Black and Decker wallpaper steamer but so far I've only been able to find used ones--crap, don't want a used one as we want to use GOOD water in it.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom