Whats the scoop on using portable Little Giant water Heaters in large commercial ??

Mardie

Name
Mardie VanBree
I heard a guy using a portable Little Giant Water Heater for indoor commercial work. Is this safe or allowed or is it a no no ??

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
We used to do that when we ran an ETM back in the day. We had a propane tank mounted on a dolly with a propane bottle beneath it for hot water. Worked well but this was in the early 80's, wouldn't do it now with all the sensors and alarms. We also used to pull our HydroGenie into the mall and clean since it ran on propane back then. Wouldn't do it now. :eekk:

Reactions: Mardie
Name
Lee Stockwell
Likely no worse than propane buffers. When I ran one in 1978 some stores, including later Walmart, decided to ban their use in their stores.

I think fear of the unknown was part of it, and the fact that some early machines smelled funky.

Pioneer Eclipse made Mr Wilson wealthy for sure. He worked out most of the bugs.

Name
PHILIP NICK
I put mine close to the door it's amazing to have the heat with a portable it helps to make up for your lack of power.

Mardie

Name
Mardie VanBree
I put mine close to the door it's amazing to have the heat with a portable it helps to make up for your lack of power.

With that heater you can put your cords to better use running 2-3 8.4 vac motors . Should put you well over 200cfm and 200 inches of lift.

Last edited:

roro

Name
Ross Craig
Yes we do it a lot, but check your own state's regulations.
Just make sure you have a heat deflector cap on the chimney and that you don't position it right under a sensor.

roro

Name
Shawn Forsythe
You will find that if the building has been built or retrofitted in the last 20 years, it will likely have combustion sensors that preclude the use of an open flame indoors. As well, most fire regulations in metropolitan areas forbid it, not to mention the liabilities. These very details are what killed the manufacturing of the Steam Genie Electro-Genie (equipped with an LG heater) in the early 90's.

Plan on keeping the heater outside.

Reactions: dgardner
Back
Top Bottom