Votes: 1 3.1%

• Total voters

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
can't vote becuzzzz....There isn't a "single" most important feature
It's a combination that's makes a vac good/better/best or POS

it also depends where it's primary use will be.
In some settings, filtration would be most important .
(Like I can't use my regular shopvacs in a lead containment or lead abatement job) and blow lead dust all over the joint

for most everything else , suck AND brush roll combined is where it's at.
Those antique design Sanitaires you loved so much work so damn great due to the bar/brush "bump up 'n sweep" action.
But their suck is weak and won't swallow JuJu beads so well

The Shark's drawback (besides the cheap POS brush drive motor that dies before it's time) is it's inability to adjust roll brush height to fit the carpet.

the Bissell Momentum is still the best "throwaway" vac in the history of the world
The Shark is prettydamngood too at the $100-$125 price point models ...it's a great "throw-away" vac too
The sOOper dOOper Shark XL-Pro E-I-E-I-Oh models for $250 aren't worth the money though given their rinky-dink light duty plastic catches 'n hardware ...and that same cheap POS roll brush motor:madder: that takes a crap too soon

..L.T.A.

Reactions: KevinL and Mikey P

steve_64

It's heavy and is only good for shorter nap carpets. No attachments but it lasts forever with a shot of oil now and then.

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
Larry have you ever compared vacuums by feeling the out put of air they create?

nah
that's for over thinking majoons
go by what's in the cup or bag
Everything else is mental masturbation with little to no real world practical value

Don't talk to Lar about cleaning.

geeze, I liked you better when you didn't "like" me

idiot

..L.T.A

Reactions: KevinL

Mikey P

Administrator
I've been cutting open bags for a week checking n my mystery vac.

I'm impressed, especially when combined with it's other features, namely a low low price.

steve_64

unless it's hooked to a TM, a pile brush ain't sheeit as a vac
It's good for digging out impacted dry soil on loop pile (that a "regular" vac brush never gets)

..L.T.A.
Keep the lint trap clear and it will remove more dry soil than any "vacuum" on the market and restore the pile better. And last a lifetime.

The clothe bag definitely restricts airflow. Still the best sweeper and they are all just sweepers.

Mikey P

Administrator
You're the only person I've ever heard it was impressed with the pile lifter

those things even have fans? or just a bag to catch some of the Airborne crap

ruff

Name
Ofer Kolton
I've had three Sanitaires. All red chrome and awesome. That is until they all (and I mean ALL) had constant problems with the rubber band.

What's your secret Bob?

Reactions: Mikey P

steve_64

The old ladies running them would get 5 pounds a night or more each. Carpets never looked wore it dirty. Always looked brand new.
When we cleaned in the summer the water never looked like what I see now. 20 yo carpet that looked new.

And I had to dump the bags so I saw what was removed nightly. Great ladies too.

Reactions: Old Coastie

Bob Pruitt

Name
Robert Pruitt
What's your secret Bob?
Buy the belts on Amazon and they work exactly like the original belts did. In a month of very heavy use... a belt will break and I will take 30 seconds to take the extra one off the handle and put it on. Now you are in on the secret.

ruff

Name
Ofer Kolton
I Hate those Sanis.
They are mentally and permanently connected in my brain with the smell of burned rubber. And the metal plate stop working and the little metal tighteners stop doing their job after a while. Yikes.

Them Amazon rubber bands ain't your secret, Bob. Sorry.
I suspect voodoo :winky:

Dave K

Name
David Krienke
I run Sanitaire vacs right now too. I get tired of the belt eating as well .I buy belts and bags in bulk too. I have been Doing more vlm and I really need a vac with a hose that will also edge clean well. will miss the vibrating beater bar tho .

DAT

Name
Bill Cheryl
It always the brushroll...otherwise it sucks no matter how good it sucks.

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
Best performance is a certified pile lifter. It has a 1/2 HP motor driving the brush and a 1/2-3/4 HP vacuum motor that blows into the bag. I was able to buy some top fill paper bags that fit into the cloth bag. I have had some jobs where the customers comment on how clean the carpets are just after I have pile lifted. I have to tell them, I just vacuumed, haven't cleaned yet. chemspec pile lifter has a hard shell using paper bags. A little nicer.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom