• Motor size

Votes: 1 3.1%

• Total voters

TConway

Supportive Member
Name
Thomas Conway
Okay,
your choices I think all should be included, to make the best vac.
I don't think you have to have massive power, a good BB should cause a lot of the stuff to be sucked away, I would like to see a little longer brush to help dig and flick the deeper stuff, even if didn't make it into the vac, it would be much easier to take it away when we did the carpet cleaning.
A BB that didn't get bound up with hair in the bearings would be nice too.
So if what I said was done I would say good filtration to keep the fine stuff contained and not in the air.
I have to say I have really liked the sharks I have, the BB is a little weak but the ability to go from vac to edge is really really handy, the debris I am getting is very good but I have noticed it seems to be the lighter debris, like fuzz, I honestly can't say I have emptied it and said wow look at all that sand or heavy debris. Like I get with the Red n Chrome

Name
Nate W.
I'm still a fan of the Windsor Sensor xp.. Good filtration, easy to clean brush roll, can edge without dicking around...

Certified Pile lifters are great to lift the nap for sucks as a vacuum.. Kleen-rite came out with their pile lifted that was supposedly a lot better and vacuuming the finer debris up.. Haven't heard any success stories with them though..

My Cert- pile lifters are used for getting animal hair off rugs cleaned in-plant and softening up the nap on finished rugs..

And I still stand by any vacuum that is used is better than no vacuum at all..

Reactions: KevinL

shadygrady

Name
Rob Grady
I agree with Steve & Cleanworks. I have 5 Certified pilelifters, one i had chromed for my 25th business anniversary. My original equipment package that was supplied when I bought into the Roto-Static Franchise included the Certified pile lifter, Royal vacuum(s), both upright and hand-held, and a shiney chrome Husky 17" floor machine along with their proprietary cleaner.
I cleaned for 25 years with that system with excellent results. The debris accumulated in those bags are the same that I find in my Devastator Filter, one on the wet side, one on the dry.
Chrome is my favorite colour.

Andy

Name
Doesn't Matter
I use a kirby. great suction, brush roll adjustments, height adjustment, great filtration, great brush roll design that vibrates the carpet and loosens the sand. Drive assist makes it easier to push and pull, attachments I can change to if I need to vacuum off tile or lint around the edges. I have filled 3 bags of sand on one job with it. Closest thing to a universal vacuum that I have found. You can find used ones on craigslist really cheap in comparison to the door to door sale price.

Bob Pruitt

Name
Robert Pruitt
IMG_1870.JPG
It's suppose to turn?

BIG WOOD

MLPW
Name
Matt w.
Brushroll is the most important. If the brushroll does what it's supposed to do, and vibrates the carpet into a seizure, then the sand will be bouncing on the top of the carpet before it gets sucked up. Suction is second

As for filtration...we're steam cleaning the carpet after we vacuum. It's not needed. The more filters you have, the less suction you'll get. Just get a good vacuum bag and replace it 2/3s full

BIG WOOD

MLPW
Name
Matt w.
Filtration is a bigger deal than you may know.. Unless your cleaning shitholes all day then whatever..
Then turn their A/C on and let it filter the air out while you're vacuuming. I doubt you're gonna give them asthma while you're vacuuming

Old Coastie

Supportive Member
Name
Stephen
I voted motor because none of you penguinos stopped to think that a powerful, high quality motor is only installed in a quality vacuum.

Like Kirbys, with or without missile launchers.

DAT

Name
Bill Cheryl
Still would be nothing without a good ol brush roll action. Its like car, sure ya got great powerful motor, it doesnt do jack without some good tires.

Reactions: steve_64

Rick J

Name
rick Jones
Filtration is a bigger deal than you may know.. Unless your cleaning shitholes all day then whatever..

At my shithole I have a cheap bagless . Use it often, empty often and make sure the filter is clean.
A while back , being curious and non-scientific I tried what I thought may tell me something. I secured several layers of dryer sheets over the exhaust of my vac at home. They stayed there for quite some time.
Never getting the slightest bit soiled.!!

On my truck I use a cheap bagged vacuum .

Reactions: Old Coastie

Jimmy L

Name
Jimmy L
Does anybody have the slightest interest in what vacuum that is? Why you could have chosen that one with a UV light underneath as well. SO WGAS?

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom