• Motor size

Votes: 1 3.1%

• Total voters

Mark Von*Lay

Name
Mark
I consulted them, and this was the email I got back in return:

View attachment 73193
I was in Jest....or smart ass mode if you prefer,,,,but that's cool you did that....for me it's Kirby or Royal.....for the money from great vacs....and I can snag a commercial royal for under 250. I don't see myself ever changing.and I dig the hard wood spinning brush on the Kirby the brush is I would say a medium and if you don't have a CRB.... It power grooms the carpet nice.

Last edited:
Reactions: BIG WOOD

BIG WOOD

MLPW
Name
Matt w.
Proteams are a joke, the brush doesn't hardly if at all, touch the carpet
Flat commercial with a pad underneath. The brush is abusing that carpet rather well. Just think how well it gets in medium to thick residential carpet.

I think the problem you had with yours was the springs needed a drop of wd40.
http://www.jondon.com/pk-2-spring-lock-for-1500xp.html

When I purchased my proteam, I had the same problem of the brush not touching the carpet. I lubed those springs up, and it works perfect.

BIG WOOD

MLPW
Name
Matt w.
Flat commercial with a pad underneath. The brush is abusing that carpet rather well. Just think how well it gets in medium to thick residential carpet.

I think the problem you had with yours was the springs needed a drop of wd40.
http://www.jondon.com/pk-2-spring-lock-for-1500xp.html

When I purchased my proteam, I had the same problem of the brush not touching the carpet. I lubed those springs up, and it works perfect.

Miiikeeyyyyy............... I'm trying to argue with you:stir:

BIG WOOD

MLPW
Name
Matt w.
all I saw was vibration not any pile being opened up.

Lets see whats in that (cheap) bag..
You're terrible at admitting you're wrong. There's no pile to be lifted. It's commercial, duh. I was just making a point that the brush does work on the carpet, very well

I didn't open the bag because I'm too cheap to waste a good bag. It won't show much because I only did 3 areas that didn't have much funk. Maybe Damon has a video on opening one of his proteam bags

J Brown

Name
Jeff Brown
This came from about 100 sq ft of already vacuumed carpet, this is a regular customer,
20170622_082242.jpg
single lady with one small dog.
I agree that the brushroll makes a big difference in the vacuum.

GeeeAus

Supportive Member
Name
Grant Baverstock
the cloth/vinyl bag eventually stinks up too.
for what it costs to replace it , I can buy a bran' shinny new throw away vac that picks up just as well (and better)
Is lighter, easier to clean (pull all the plastic and hoses off and toss 'em in a wash tub rinse with a garden hose) AND has an easy pull-off hose to edge

I'll just never understand why guys cling to antique heavy dinosaurs (Royal/Kirby design ) that make a simple task more work than it needs to be.
You've been convinced by carnival barker side show snake oil salesmen it picks up better ....but it doesn't
Get some brand new carpet pieces and spread measured amounts of dirt and sand and do some side by side test

you'll discover the dinosaur you lug around doesn't pick up any better than a $49 dollar paper bag Bissell Powerforce model

.L.T.A.
See I see it the other way.

Vacuums are made for lazy people who won't accept machines setup to do one job well and instead like a much more dumbed down thing thats simple to use.

I get the attraction, but the effectiveness is thrown under the bus to get it. Not good when you need effectiveness so you can extract the job to its best potential.

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
See I see it the other way.

Vacuums are made for lazy people who won't accept machines setup to do one job well and instead like a much more dumbed down thing thats simple to use.

I get the attraction, but the effectiveness is thrown under the bus to get it. Not good when you need effectiveness so you can extract the job to its best potential.

except it's not `1963 anymore Grant .
You can have it all in one vac today .
You don't have to sacrifice anything, as the modern by-pass motor vacs pick-up every bit as good (as some better) as the antique Royal/Kirby design

don't go by hype and vac salesmen tricks used in peoples homes
Do side by side tests on brand new carpets with measured amounts of soil .
You'll be surprised there's not a dimes worth of difference in most vacs ..and you might even cry when a cheapazz fiddy dollar POS Bissell picks up more :eekk:

I've owned Kirby vacs, I'm not at all suggesting they're not a good vac..they most certainly are a good vac
What I am saying is, they don't pick up any better than most uprights that cost 1/4 as much with all the features that makes our life easier/more efficient

I won't even mention the degradation of performance over time as the fan blades get SAND BLASTED daily
(welp...guess I did mention it )

.L.T.A.

GeeeAus

Supportive Member
Name
Grant Baverstock
except it's not `1963 anymore Grant .
You can have it all in one vac today .
You don't have to sacrifice anything, as the modern by-pass motor vacs pick-up every bit as good (as some better) as the antique Royal/Kirby design

don't go by hype and vac salesmen tricks used in peoples homes
Do side by side tests on brand new carpets with measured amounts of soil .
You'll be surprised there's not a dimes worth of difference in most vacs ..and you might even cry when a cheapazz fiddy dollar POS Bissell picks up more :eekk:

I've owned Kirby vacs, I'm not at all suggesting they're not a good vac..they most certainly are a good vac
What I am saying is, they don't pick up any better than most uprights that cost 1/4 as much with all the features that makes our life easier/more efficient

I won't even mention the degradation of performance over time as the fan blades get SAND BLASTED daily
(welp...guess I did mention it )

.L.T.A.
See my testing shows it to be the other way.

The longer the air network thr greater the losses in flow owing to friction and static pressure drop.

If there is no penalty for increasing air network length, why don't guys just hookup and run all their hose no matter how close they can be to the job?

Because its not that way.

Modern hybrid vacuums exist to sell to consumers. Consumers who want easy, know little about cleaning tools and care even less.

The ideas I posit here are.... mine too....
Thank you kindly.

Last edited:

GeeeAus

Supportive Member
Name
Grant Baverstock
G
This came from about 100 sq ft of already vacuumed carpet, this is a regular customer, View attachment 73223 single lady with one small dog.
I agree that the brushroll makes a big difference in the vacuum.
How much does it weigh?

Looks like loads... but how much is it really?

Don't you guys buy potatoes by the pound?

GeeeAus

Supportive Member
Name
Grant Baverstock
do tell

brand new carpet with measured equal amounts of test medium side by side?

tell the truth

..L.T.A
Exactly that.

New .5 x .5m2 nylon carpet cut offs new from retailer, stop watch, ammeter, 1Kg of garden soil, Kirby Sentria, Amway CMS 2000, carpet sweeper (control).

Direct fan recovers substancially more for less time and significantly less electrical consumption.

Not home at the minute. Sunday jobs rule...!

Post more about it very shortly.

Reactions: Dolly Llama

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom