What's with GM?

Art Kelley

Supportive Member
Name
Rainbow Carpet And Upholstery Cleaning
Down to 12.91. Jeez. In any event, for those interested in buying a direct drive unit in a GM van, GM is offering 0% financing for 72 months until June 30. The last time I bought my White Magic PRO1200 in 2003, GMAC financed the whole package (machine and van) at 0% for 5 years. Sweet. You might be able to swing a similar deal for 6 years.

Chris A

Name
Chris
Ford sounds about the same right now, read in the Cleveland Plain Dealer on Friday there are serious plans to end production of the Econoline and introduce the Sprinter-Like Transit. LarEE's gonna shit!!! Actually I hope that falls through because I really want a new CDS in a Ford, just not quite ready yet.

Becker

Name
Becker
I dont think you will see any line up changes from ford anytime soon.

They just annouced they are going to delay the roll out of the new F150 that was to come this year.

Besides they just released the new Eseires van last year.

Scott

Art Kelley said:
Down to 12.91. Jeez.

One word: Benefits.

GM can't afford the idiocy they've signed away. A CEO pops up, gets his cash, promises the world, makes a boatload and moves on, and hands the reigns to the next CEO who does the same thing.

I saw a balance sheet from GM several years ago that was stunning. With incentives, they lose over $1,000 per vehicle sold. Now I don't know about you but if I was CEO I would want to leave a legacy of a strong company. I would want to depart the company with assurances the company was much better off than when I started. But we all know the unions are in the way of that ever happening so I guess it's every man for himself. They all know the routine.

The corporate culture of the US today is all about what the CEO and Union heads can get out of the company rather than what positives they leave behind.

Is it any wonder the Japanese are kicking our asses?

Scott

Jack May

That Kiwi
Name
John
You guys don't want the Transit over there!!

Buying a Transit is much like a lottery ticket.

I did my research carefully and found if you wanted up to a 3 year lease and drive in and drive out another new one, then you'll be best in a Transit because the servicing etc is someone elses night mare.

If you want to buy to own, then settle for German stuff like Sprinter, VW vans, Fiat (French) Iveco (French) etc.

Lots of lemons around. But people keep buying them because they are cheap.

John

Bob Foster

Market Value dropped from $66 Billion, May '00
to $48.6 Billion in May 2001
May 2004 - down to $25 Billion
Well behind GE ($308 Billion)
and Toyota ($113 Billion)
In fact, GM now has a stock-market value of less than $10 billion, a mere 1/16th the size of Toyota's

floorguy

Supportive Member
Name
Doug
Its like what scott said. but with a twist...

Cant these Board of directors or the board of whoever is in charge of the shareholders stuff make a LOGICAL choice?? I mean really they sign these crazy ass CEOs to millions of dollars...well guess what if they were worth so much, why arnet they at their other BIG company...

I mean really...its like these big companies and chosing the MMM to do the work..Do they not realize the amount of $$$$$ they are pissing away do to

Loss time of employees due to cancelations\non-skilled labor
Theft
overall apperance based on shitty work..so no one wants to come in.

just because the $$ looks good on paper RIGHT THIS SECOND, they make the switch...

bunch of a-holes

pHilh

If you want to buy to own, then settle for German stuff like Sprinter, VW vans, Fiat (French) Iveco (French) etc.

John you are going to have the Mafia coming around with that insult of Fiat/iveco being a french van??

Chris A

Name
Chris
Becker said:
I dont think you will see any line up changes from ford anytime soon.

They just annouced they are going to delay the roll out of the new F150 that was to come this year.

Besides they just released the new Eseires van last year.

I hope that's the case, any time a new van comes out it seems to take TM manufacturers a few years to catch up. Hydramaster was supposed to have a Sprinter-bound CDS available for '09, but I haven't heard anything lately.

R

R W

GM is hiring at the Lordstown plant in Ohio. The pay rate is about $14.00 an hour, and they will never make what the older employees are making. Many current employees are taking a buyout or early retirements. Once GM get's the majority of it's workforce down to the lower rate, they will show some earnings.

I retired in 2002 with 31 years. As for the vans, there are some great incentives out there. I bought my 2003 Express 3/4 ton with 0% financing, and I owe 2 payments on the truck!! Whoopy!!!

Back
Top Bottom