Chris Howell

Name
Chris Howell
I'm also an expert at separating buckwheat from bull$hit.
Care to elaborate? What's bullshit? Seeing others who are successful? Seeing something that you're not doing that's being done by others?

I've got 219 trainees who may disagree with you. :headbang:

Be careful. Until you've seen/witnessed it with your own eyes you really aren't in a position to judge something.

stanco

70 million dollar corporate jets!
I do most everything at our executive terminals, companies fly there planes in from all over the country for me to do.
A lot of the out of state planes are a direct referral from Gulfstream International.

Chris Howell

Name
Chris Howell
70 million dollar corporate jets!
I do most everything at our executive terminals, companies fly there planes in from all over the country for me to do.
A lot of the out of state planes are a direct referral from Gulfstream International.
Stanco, that's one of the best answers yet! Tapping into the luxury market is very smart. Very few others do that (though many would like to). The reality is that it's not suited for everyone.

We also service (both cleaning and color restoration) private and corporate jets, helicopters, and yachts. Most of the work that's we've done on corporate jets has been at Dulles Airport in Virginia for the Akridge Company ( www.akridge.com/who-we-are#all )

Your niche market is awesome.

stanco

Chris, Your so right about it not being for everyone, there is absolutely no room for error. One wrong move or mistake in those planes can cost thousands.
They put a lot of trust in me, and the payoff is the most extreme customer loyalty I have ever experienced. (and you know what comes with that)

Reactions: Chris Howell

Willy P

Name
Willy P
Care to elaborate? What's bullshit? Seeing others who are successful? Seeing something that you're not doing that's being done by others?

I've got 219 trainees who may disagree with you. :headbang:

Be careful. Until you've seen/witnessed it with your own eyes you really aren't in a position to judge something.

Well sonny, I've been there , done that, so YES I am in a position to judge. You don't like but tough toenails.

Just a couple for now.
"$900 an hour! - Ooops - That's only just me that makes that. I forgot to put that in until I was called out on it."

"275 an hour for my staff" but they only have to make $1000 a day... (so they only work 3.64 hours a day?

Telling a church you want $500 more than you REALLY want and giving the difference back as a "donation".

You've contradicted yourself a lot Chris, and I'm not the only one who sees through it I'll make a far more expansive list when I have time. But right now I have a niche to fill.

Last edited:
Reactions: BIG WOOD

Chris Howell

Name
Chris Howell
Well sonny, I've been there , done that, so YES I am in a position to judge. You don't like but tough toenails.

Just a couple for now.
"$900 an hour! - Ooops - That's only just me that makes that. I forgot to put that in until I was called out on it."

"275 an hour for my staff" but they only have to make $1000 a day... (so they only work 3.64 hours a day?

Telling a church you want $500 more than you REALLY want and giving the difference back as a "donation".

You've contradicted yourself a lot Chris, and I'm not the only one who sees through it I'll make a far more expansive list when I have time. But right now I have a niche to fill.
Fair enough. I've had other people question how we charge. Several of them came to visit us to see for themselves. We took them out on jobs with us. They saw it with their own eyes and took our training and are now offering the services themselves.

I certainly don't claim that everyone can charge those hourly rates. It depends on your target market and the demographics of your service area. It also depends on your expertise, the type of service that you're offering, and the perceived value to the customer.

Reactions: Desk Jockey

Chris Howell

Name
Chris Howell
Chris, Your so right about it not being for everyone, there is absolutely no room for error. One wrong move or mistake in those planes can cost thousands.
They put a lot of trust in me, and the payoff is the most extreme customer loyalty I have ever experienced. (and you know what comes with that)
It's most definitely not for everyone! And correct me if I'm wrong here… These types of customers wouldn't have confidence in you if you were offering your services at a cheap price. Obviously they expect you to be fair, but they are not looking for a bargain. They are looking for quality. And your hourly rate is going to be substantially higher than most.

Good stuff!

Chris Howell

Name
Chris Howell
Ohh man were up to counting now. lol

How many friends do you have on Facebook? :winky:
Ha! Ha! :biggrin: I'm referring to how many people we have in The Dye Lot (many of whom were once skeptical). :headscratch:

We have 219 people in The Dye Lot..... and 219 people that want to join.

IMG_7556.PNG

Reactions: Desk Jockey
Name
Lee Stockwell
The great thing about Facebook, everyone can have their OWN little fiefdom.

Mason's network, a sales-driven example. Others are individuals who feel exiled and seek each other out. Many are closed single-issue groups.

The nature of the platform makes it too easy to get sucked in, and at the same time almost useless for a useful interchange of accurate information. It lacks search tools and sensible moderation.

Reactions: Bob Pruitt

Chris Howell

Name
Chris Howell
The great thing about Facebook, everyone can have their OWN little fiefdom.

Mason's network, a sales-driven example. Others are individuals who feel exiled and seek each other out. Many are closed single-issue groups.

The nature of the platform makes it too easy to get sucked in, and at the same time almost useless for a useful interchange of accurate information. It lacks search tools and sensible moderation.
Completely agree. The difference between The Dye Lot and other unnamed forums and FB groups/pages is that The Dye Lot has no BS, bashing, personal insults, jealousy, bad advice, or incompetent/untrained people in it. It's a page where people can receive ongoing support, 24/7, 365 days per year. It's very specific to the carpet & rug dyeing industry, however. We generally don't discuss cleaning issues in there with the exception of ColorCleans (our process that cleans and restores the carpet color in one step). Stain removal issues are treated as color issues rather than as something that can be fixed by dumping chemicals on it.

Anyway, I completely agree with your statement about many Facebook groups, forums, and pages.

Bob Pruitt

Name
Robert Pruitt
No Chris. Just lowlifes being lowlifes. No one is jealous of you. This is generally a more seasoned group so been around long enough to know better. Glad what you are doing is working for you...see, not jealous.

Chris Howell

Name
Chris Howell
No Chris. Just lowlifes being lowlifes. No one is jealous of you. This is generally a more seasoned group so been around long enough to know better. Glad what you are doing is working for you...see, not jealous.
I wasn't referring to this group. I've chosen not to name the forum. Heard it's a bad word around here.

Reactions: Bob Pruitt

SamIam

Name
sam miller
90% residential carpet cleaning.

And Mikey thought me to use the good stuff?

My competition is more price motivated.

We're competitive price wise with Chem dry and Stanley's of the world, just not in the $20 a room crowd.

Reactions: Chris Howell

Chris Howell

Name
Chris Howell
Chris,

The dyes that you sell, are they all liquid, or powder?
Bob, the dyes that we use and sell our liquid, never powdered. Powdered dyes are inferior quality. They are not very colorfast and leave a residue behind in the carpet.

Not sure if you've seen this video. I've shared it here before, but will post it here again for you.

IMG_6558.JPG

Reactions: Spurlington

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom