What's your "Written Guarantee"?

Shane Deubell

Supportive Member
I am 100% satisfied with this thread ofer :p

Well it turns out we did use some guarantees on print back in 2009, a weekly newspaper insert campaign with monthly postcards to same carrier routes/zips.
Trying to extract it out of my old computer, will post if i can fetch it.

My worst campaign ever turns out, we used the scotchgard copy/pics from that sfs class. Go figure...

Newman

Name
Chris Newman
I have just put the nice little "Satisfaction Guaranteed" logo on some mailers next to my "Super Service Award" and "Mikey's Board Approved" logo. I have a simple description on my web site for those who need all details which really do not matter. "Satisfaction Perceived" is my goal. If I get that rare call back, I will go back with no questions asked.

I am 100% satisfied with this thread ofer :p

View attachment 2271

Reactions: Shane Deubell

jcooper

Name
Jerry Cooper
Dam you, Bruce! :evil:

I spent like ten minutes looking for that clip yesterday!!! Couldn't find it...

Shane Deubell

Supportive Member
[video=youtube;mEB7WbTTlu4]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mEB7WbTTlu4[/video]

One of my favorite movies!

Tommy Like Wingy....

Plenty of people go to college for 7 years, Yeah their called doctors :lol:

Whats your favorite baseball team? the Spankees....

Joe Appleby

Supportive Member
Name
Joe Appleby
1.)Write an attention Grabber
2.)Enter the Conversation in the Prospects Mind
3.)Clearly define your prospect
4.)Unique Selling Proposition
5.)Don't Underestimate the Importance of Cosmetics
6.)Testimonials
7.)Strategic use of Photos
8.)Very Clear Call to Action
9.)Use a Strong Guarantee
10.)Have a Deadline

Last edited:

Shane Deubell

Supportive Member
6.)Testimonials
10.)Have a Deadline

I read all those books also Joe, the problem was every time we ran an ad following those guidelines

1. the ad was boring because we were following guidelines
2. it never pulled well

Now we hire a creative person and give them some room to be well creative and focus on basics of headline,special offer and pictures.
If we have room great, if not too bad.

For tile/grout anyway the number 1 question is about the FREE room of carpet cleaning we offer with any tile service. Crazy why someone that lives in a $800k house would care, not only do they care they already know which room!

The #2 question is can we seal it afterward, everything else is white noise.

Just my personal experience and i make no claims others will be the same.

ruff

Name
Ofer Kolton
6.)Testimonials
10.)Have a Deadline

Are we talking selling or dating, Joe? These guidelines seem to work for both.

Not asking Shane, cause he ain't giving none, but still curious to know what's your guarantee.

Joe Appleby

Supportive Member
Name
Joe Appleby
Our guarantee is like yours Ofer. We'll do whatever is reasonable to make a satisfied customer.
We just don't have a marketing phrase that has been designed and paired with our current advertising.

Shane Deubell

Supportive Member
Our guarantee is like yours Ofer. We'll do whatever is reasonable to make a satisfied customer.
We just don't have a marketing phrase that has been designed and paired with our current advertising.

Joe if you are looking to brainstorm then google "guarantee" or "satisfaction guarantee" or whatever and click on images.
I like to look at the words/phrases of other industries when looking for ideas and not carpet cleaners really.

Probably how i found Gold Shield Guarantee or how the person i copied found it...
Too long ago to remember.

In general i would rather come up with a slogan,word,phrase then write something generic. JMO

Goomer

Name
Frank Mendo
I've been working on offering something a little different. "Accident Insurance" that will cover accidental spots and spills for a short term after cleaning.
I have been offering it already on all commercial jobs for a while now, and may include it with all my cleanings. Obviously, it will not cover traffic areas, pet issues, or anything extreme, but if Uncle Biff comes over the following week after a cleaning, and dumps his caramel latte all over your freshly cleaned carpets, one service call will be included at no charge.
To me, it's about trying to set yourself apart from the "Average Guy" with a unique selling proposition, and making your bid more attractive by increasing it's perceived value, as well as assuring the customer that you are not some fly-by-night contractor that will never be seen again.
I'm hoping it will come across as a little "peace of mind" that clean carpets will be enjoyed for at least 30 days or so.

I do not think offering a guarantee/warranty/insurance is in any way perceived as a negative.

The reality is, which I am sure most already know, is that these offers are RARELY cashed in.
Is there a possibility of getting burned by a customer??
Absolutely, but that possibility already exist whether you offer a guarantee or not.

I'm hoping that for every one prick who wants to make a issue, there are a thousand customers who see the added value and better "package" deal as opposed to another company.

Will it work.........Maybe??
Maybe it will work for me and it won't work for you.
Who knows.
I think if you don't try ideas for yourself and experiment a little, you will stay right where you are.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom