Wheels and tires...

Russ T.

Supportive Member
Name
Russ Terhaar
I've been wanting new wheels for the Ford for a while. With the purchase of the '02 GMC Butler, I think this is the time.

I'd like to get matching wheels for both rigs but don't want to pretend that I'm made of money. We're developing our brand to have a retro flair but I don't want retro to be confused with cheap, inexpensive, out of step with our industry.

Where should I look?

Will it be better to shop local?

I usually buy tires at Sam's Club because I like the prices and after sale support, but I'm open to considering a wheel/tire package...

Thanks!

Reactions: BIG WOOD

Russ T.

Supportive Member
Name
Russ Terhaar
Try discount tires for the tires and wheels. Excellent service and ask for a discount.
I'll check them out. I've ordered tires from them online before but I've heard they built a store in Des Moines over a year ago...

So much will come down to taste, but are there brands to look for or shy away from?

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
KC company. He used to race. They have a wide range of products.

We usually don't spend much on wheels. They do look nice but for the price I always have something else I need more.

Reactions: Russ T.

Russ T.

Supportive Member
Name
Russ Terhaar
Dude, nobody will care but you. Buy more advertising!
I see it as buying advertising.

Really strong advertising if you do it right.

Maybe some more simple American Racing wheels would do just fine.

It's shocking how little I've spent on advertising in the last 8 months. People are just talking right now and I want to keep it that way!

Chris A

Name
Chris
Wraps are good if they're done right, yours looks good if I remember right (I had a wrap for 5 years and went back to lettering when we went to 2 trucks). You do you man but I think if your just getting truck 2 on the road the money can be better spent

Russ T.

Supportive Member
Name
Russ Terhaar
True.

But money ALWAYS could be better spent.

You have to roll the dice sometimes.

Russ T.

Supportive Member
Name
Russ Terhaar
I'm really trying to be very careful how I spend.

That's why I just bought an '02 Butler rather than a '17.

Huge savings but I don't want to forfeit the getting noticed part.

Chris A

Name
Chris
Yeah I can't really comment there, I bought a '15 and a '16 van/ pro1200, a new house, and a shop within 12 months. I'm getting really good at getting into debt!

Reactions: Russ T.

Russ T.

Supportive Member
Name
Russ Terhaar
Yeah I can't really comment there, I bought a '15 and a '16 van/ pro1200, a new house, and a shop within 12 months. I'm getting really good at getting into debt!
Lol!

The shop or a different house is next.

Russ T.

Supportive Member
Name
Russ Terhaar
IMG_0440.JPG

Happening now.

I think wheels would kind of set it off.

Especially if they spun around while I was standing still!

Reactions: Mark Saiger

Russ T.

Supportive Member
Name
Russ Terhaar
Looks like the options for the '09 Ford E250 are really limited in the wheel department. I'm not sure I'll be able to get matching...

Maybe I should just make the vans look quite different? Definitely the same logo and colors but maybe I'll go a different direction...

The Great Oz

Name
bryan
I think your wheels look just fine Russ. I'm not sure I'd recommend wheel simulators, they work on large trucks but don't work as well on a van. And they get eaten by curbs.

Ten ply truck tires. I like Toyos, but even some of the Chinese brands are getting good reviews.

Weld Racing wheels and center caps. Clean look, with no fake bolts, rivets, studs or other codpieces that make it hard to keep them clean.
Burns plant commercial vans.JPG

Russ T.

Supportive Member
Name
Russ Terhaar
IMG_0460.JPG
IMG_0418.JPG

I was thinking THESE wheels had to go.

My '09 Econoline has plastic wheel covers and needs new tires. I thought it might be cool if they had the same wheels but I have to get good at prioritizing. It's harder than I thought, to find the same wheels to fit both vans.

I'm flying to Philly on Sunday to drive her back home!

It's bought and title transferred so don't bother trying to swoop in on this beauty. Really nice folks retiring from the janitorial biz for 30 years! I promised them I'd make them proud.

791 hours on an '02 GMC!
41k original miles

She's been waiting for The Clean Machine!

Reactions: Desk Jockey

ruff

Name
Ofer Kolton
Russ, it looks good.

Though, how about saving the money on the wheels and investing in good diamond studs instead?

Surely them Iowa housewives will be most receptive to a sparkling rate hike.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom