When do you encap with a micro fiber vs superzorb bonnet?

Name
Nate W.
Where did he get the free MicroBeast pad? Lol... I used the Clearance pads Excellent Supply sold cheap, it handled beautifully under my Vibe... I wet the pad and wrung it out on the job because it was dry... I did clean with the Agiclean fiber pad first, then followed up with the Scrub Strip Clearance pad and I was very impressed... I used wet cotton pads on an earlier job and I like the Microfiber pad better...

I do flip the pad half way in a room and continue... I carry extra pads... And to all you cheap bastards who'll do the whole job with 1 pad, shame on you.... Or I read before of guys rinsing dirty pads out on the job and reusing it.....EEEEWWWWW......

Nomad74

Boy Sprout
Nothing free here. I paid for that pad. I'll be ordering more. I just wanted to test it out before I went in balls deep.

Reactions: Desk Jockey

Nomad74

Boy Sprout
I thought that came with the package???

I'd send it back as defective. :winky:
The orbot came with 5 superzorb pads. I bought 10 more and 1 microbeast.

About it being defective.... @encapman :)

Just kidding. It's my fault. Learning curve. I made a video. I'll edit and post it this weekend. The releaseit punch juice worked awesome. Made the carpet look as good as Marty's show pig.

Last edited:
Reactions: Desk Jockey

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
Running an OP machine is more finesse that brute strength. Using a Cimex is easy, an OP takes some time. A little more technique and experience to it.

You're doing fine...well you were before you melted the pad anyway. :winky:

Hang in there. The more options you have at your disposal, the better cleaner you can be. :cool:

Reactions: Nomad74

Nomad74

Boy Sprout
Running an OP machine is more finesse that brute strength. Using a Cimex is easy, an OP takes some time. A little more technique and experience to it.

You're doing fine...well you were before you melted the pad anyway. :winky:

Hang in there. The more options you have at your disposal, the better cleaner you can be. :cool:
Hey. Thanks for the tips. You guys are great. The last two encap jobs I did I prescrubbed with the microbeast and then post cleaned with the superzorbs. Seems to be the way to go. Getting excellent results. I can now see that the cloth bonnets are a little better and more absorbent. I would have never thought that until I played around with them a bit.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
Here is another tip. When you get on uneven concrete floor there is a tendance to get more vibration and "throw a shoe"...a pad.

The key to keeping on the pad driver is to slow down over that area. You may also have to give it a less thorough job in that spot. Go too fast and you fling the pad and you end up with the pad driver against the carpet.

Good luck!

Reactions: Mikey P

Jimmy L

Name
Jimmy L
Have some of those microbeasts I got from a place down in kansas. Blew out my low speed on my 1 1/2 hp 175/300 buffer. Never use them again.

Rick J

Name
rick Jones
Are the white socks part of the finishing process? How are they holding up??:biggrin:

Rick J

Name
rick Jones
When encapping/bonneting, I seem to use way more bonnets than others claim. I would probably need to change sock more often as well!!lol!:biggrin:

Reactions: Old Coastie

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom