When you buff VCT after coating

floorguy

Supportive Member
Name
Doug
high speed. you put that 175 on a freshly waxed floor...can you say SWIRLY???

and 90% of finishes dont need to be BURNISHED... its more of a feel good for them...

Why you ask?

FLYERMAN

Supportive Member
Name
Ken Raddon
Buffing is done with a 175 rpm machine. Burnishing is done with a high speed machine.

And NO you don't need to buff most finishes but if you do, please god wait 24 hours, minimum.

When you talk to them again throw this back at that other trash talker... Well maybe he should use some modern materials and he wouldn't have to buff either.

Ken Raddon.

Scott S.

Supportive Member
Name
Scott
just switch to wax that is burnishable, and charge for burnishing. it will only make you more money. but in my experience you should never have to burnish a floor after waxing. at least not if your doing it correctly.

floorguy

Supportive Member
Name
Doug
Make you more money???

or turn your custy off cuz they feel your trying to screw them...

Depending on your custy do this..

Wait the 24 hrs, go in and buff (dont let them see where you did), tell them to come look...if they can pick out where you did, and where you didnt tell them youll throw it in...

It makes a small difference on sight...and depending on multipule situations, it can help repel (or make them easier to get off) black marks from dress shoes. Foud this at only one of my accts...But they also cut back their service from a mthly burnish to a "when ever we feel like it" :roll: I had a problem getting the black marks off...the next time i stripped (over a weekend) i put 2 coats fri night, 2 coats Sat, and burnished it Sun... The next time i hit it, the black marks came off a lot easier... But this custy (aside from the burnishing) pays well and keeps their other buildings on a tight burnish, carpets cleaned, stripping schedule....Sooooo for me it payed off to do that "extra" thing.....Plus i wanted to see if it made it easier for me the next time i did buff...which it did...

So what type of acct??

Scott S.

Supportive Member
Name
Scott
im saying that if its a issue of maintenance. if one guys says it should be burnished once a month, and another says it sholuldnt because the quality of wax is higher. then its an issue.

Name
Jesse
It's an animal hospital, monthly service, keyed access. We do what's needed each time. The floor always looks good and the customer is happy with our service, but she wanted to know if it will make a difference.

The salesman that went in looking to take the job obviously had nothing visual that he could use to his advantage so he's working with the unobservable difference to differentiate his service. I take it as a complement from him.

I like the idea of trying it in an undisclosed area to see if they can pick it out. I already told her we will do it in the lobby as a test and include it if she see's a difference, now I've decided to do half the lobby and then disclose that later when were analyzing results.

Thanks for the replies

C&S, The customer is requesting it after each recoating, before they open for business.

floorguy

Supportive Member
Name
Doug
oh hell, an animal hospital :? :? :?

no it wont make it better as far as the scratches from dog claws on the floor...

Jeremy

Name
Jeremy
Proven practice. Better shine, harder finish & more $... We use a high speed or UHS.

HardFLoorFlyer.jpg

ACE

Name
Mike Hughes
I was buffing an Animal hospital a couple of weeks ago. I go in the back room with all the kennels to look for a dust pan and the darn door locks behind me. The vet thought it was real funny when I called. He says you have food and water so, I’ll see you in the morning :x . The type of finishes that respond best to burnishing are more easily repaired then the low main stuff so with a good maintenance program, they will look consistently better and go longer between full strip jobs.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom