Where do you get the teflon certified...

XTREME1

RIP
Name
Greg Crowley
are you serious, no one cares about your badges and if they do just make some up

Larry Cobb

Name
Larry Cobb
Richard;

If you purchase Advanced Teflon from an authorized distributor, he should have the shirt patches.

There are also DVD's, blotter cards, and customer literature available that will help customer awareness.

Larry

XTREME1

RIP
Name
Greg Crowley
I am almost a master textile cleaner with a patch in stainology(bridgepoin)scotchgard and dupont teflon certified and NO one cares. If you want to impress with the patches become a master Textile cleaner ot something along those lines. Knowing how to throw down scitchgard isn't a big thing

Greg Crowley said:
I am almost a master textile cleaner with a patch in stainology(bridgepoin)scotchgard and dupont teflon certified and NO one cares. If you want to inpress with the patches become a master Textile cleaner

I remember your post on that one last week. Congrats!! I also like the look of your shirts.

XTREME1

RIP
Name
Greg Crowley
well on top of that I took the bridgepoint and scotchgard calsses and got certified as a tech for them and added atleast nothing to the bottom line

Name
Tom McLaughlin
Larry's correct, the distributor should be able to secure some patches and promotional material for you.

I always liked the promotional materials and used them to help me sell the product. My viewpoint is that the consumer cannot touch, see or feel the teflon product so it's hard for them to make the purchase. The patch, certification and consumer brochures adds credibility and hopefully gives extra confidence to my customer to make the investment.

DangerkittyToTheRescue said:
Larry's correct, the distributor should be able to secure some patches and promotional material for you.

I always liked the promotional materials and used them to help me sell the product. My viewpoint is that the consumer cannot touch, see or feel the teflon product so it's hard for them to make the purchase. The patch, certification and consumer brochures adds credibility and hopefully gives extra confidence to my customer to make the investment.

Bingo.

John Watson

If you are too stupid to mention it to the client, Having the patch on your sleeve may prompt the client to ask you about it. Not calling anybody names, speaking from experience!!!

If you have taken the class on it and your bottom line hasn't improved,

1. Must be the flippen product is no good

2. Instructor didn't know what he was talking about

3. My clients don't use this stuff

4. I won't rip my client off with that junk

5. I am just too flippen lazy to ask for the sale and blame every one else

6. The surveys are all lying, Nobody buys that stuff unless they are forced

Yeah, I changed my mind, I am calling some of you stupid!!

Dilute @ 4:1

Apply @ 1 gallon per 200 sq ft.

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!

YOU ARE NOW TEFLON CERTIFIED!

I'll PM you with information on where to send payment.

asupremeclean

Scotchgard has some great folders that the custy gets when they purchase the Scotchgard. It has a nice place for your card and they can just put the invoice in it and it'll be there for them when they think about it next time. Just call Scotchgard direct to order them 1-800-328-1348 ($.65 each) A lot of info printed on the folders and my custys rave about them. HUGE positive M.oment O.f T.ruth

I use the patches for the professionalism. Why wouldn't you use them when they are free and they bring attention to the fact that Scotchy is available.

Also it is like when you were in school and the teacher always would pound monotonous BS into your head for the sake of learning.
From the first phone call to our arrival they have heard, seen, and thought about scotchgard. The patch is another chance to keep Scotchy at the front of their mind. Makes the sale part of it a breeze. Anything I can do to make it easier for myself and my techs .

steve frasier

Supportive Member
Name
steve frasier
I think you should show up in some type of uniform

some here will tell you not to wear a hat

The thing that strikes me is he doesn't look like the owner. I promote the owner of the company will be the one cleaning your carpet, not an employee.

No right or wrong answer, if you want to wear a patch then wear a patch but don't worry about what others are doing, you can't control it

Does he market aggressively or did he happen to clean someone carpet from the show and they thought it would be a good idea for a quick segment?

if anything he help promote good cleaners over bad

Ron Werner

Name
Ron Werner
He impressed the audiance because he was in clean uniform (no one could see the patches he had on, just that they were there), looked like he knew what he was doing, came across as confident.
He made quite a few good points to the audience as well, if in doubt call a professional, clean every 12 to 18 mths, call an IICRC Cert company.
I don't think he is quite up to date because I had heard that with a DCI light and Stainmagic, even mustard can be removed.

I've seen guys with the green IICRC patches going all the way down there arm. The customer may read one or two but to them its impressive. I have IICRC Master Textile Cleaner embroidered on my uniforms, no patches. I haven't put a patch on for ONE specific protectant because I haven't chosen ONE specific protectant. I keep looking for the best one, for performance, application, cost efficiency, safety. I was using Dupont, then Ultraseal, now Maxim, and I have some Soil Blocker to try yet.

HHCUniform.jpg

John Watson

Ron, Did they spell IICRC correct??? Last time I was talking to someone from Canadia they said IICRCA.

Looking forward to meeting you this coming week.

steve frasier said:
Does he market aggressively or did he happen to clean someone carpet from the show and they thought it would be a good idea for a quick segment?

Steve he is so good at marketing Sherman Guffy was teaching a IICRC class and I asked to borrow a pen and he pulls out Checkmate pen out of his pocket. :) Yes Sherman owned Breathe free at the time. But yes he is on top of his game.

randy

Name
Randy
If you really want to out shine the competition Don't sell Scotchgard or Teflon, they are two of the worst protectors on the market. Both have had enormous bad press over health concerns and been bashed by the media. The EPA actually issued warnings over Scotchgard that were much different than Scotchgard's announcement during the reformulating. Try Ultra seal from www.cobbcarpet.com, it's a protector that actually works. Once we use up all of our stock of Complete seal, we will switch to Ultra seal. Personally I believe protectors are over used within our industry for the profitability boost, at a cost to indoor air quality. Aerosoling solvents and fluorochemicals should be limited as much as possible.
The customers that you think are so impressed with your boy scout like carpet cleaning merit badges are really thinking, "Gee what a loser light weight." Customers are impressed when technicians show up on time and do a quality cleaning for a fair price (not necessary low price). A uniform shirt is a good idea, but don't over do it and show up looking like the Hitler youth or a park ranger.

The IICRC ? Most consumers have never heard of it and could care less. Learn how to market and sell well and you will be fine, without worthless certifications & badges.

Landsend does a great embroidery job for uniform shirts. Their dress shirts are available in a wash & wear (no iron required) version that last forever.

XTREME1

RIP
Name
Greg Crowley
John I sell alot of scotchgard and dupont teflon but I sold alot before the class and after the class. No difference. I wore the patches on my old uniform and I just thought they looked stupid and yes they didn't anything to the bottom line

Ron Werner

Name
Ron Werner
My uniform shirts look just like the jacket. Simple and professional looking.

I used the Ultraseal for while but even though it says odourless, I still wanted to where a respirator when applying it. It was enough for me to want to warn my clients to be outside or in a far side of the house. I bought some Maxim and it has No fragrance. Dupont Teflon has a nice fragrance. Because the droplet size is large enough it is not aerosoling.
I have yet to try the SoilBlocker. Its benefits is that it comes in a 2 gal container, perfect for my OMNI Pro sprayer, its Ready-To-Use, and that 2 gal is supposed to apply to 2000sf if I remember correctly. I am just wondering how much will aerosol with it when I apply it with an 01 or 02 jet.

As for selling, I ask if they want it reapplied and answer their questions. Most times its a money issue. As for how much, furn stores will charge $200+ for protecting a sofa and I do it for $75. I don't think I am gouging anyone.

DevilDog

Pretty good example of where marketing is actually more important than knowledge!!

Oh the stories that could be told.

As far as the mustard not ever coming out!! We seem to get a lot of them out. So I am not sure where George got that idea!!

As for uniforms.....they might help in some cases...but in most cases people could care less about patches and shit like that. You should show up in something that resembles a uniform but it does not have to be fancy.

Means nothing to them. Far too many people in this industry are worried about graphics, wraps, patches, and shit like that. Wonder how the frick Heacock managed to do so well.

All they care about is this: Do you do a good job. Do you treat them and their furnishings right. Do you charge a price they think is good value.

That is it boys. No super duper secrets. None of that stuff.

If a patch gives you a woody and you think it will help....by all means use it. It is not going to hurt.

But the bullshit in this industry needs to stop.

DevilDog

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom