Where you are and where you could be..

Discussion in 'the Bird Room' started by Mikey P, Apr 7, 2018.

1. sOOper hero
    sOOper hero

Number 5

Name:
    Larry Capitoni
    live rural and have absolutely no desire to live in any city, burb or cul-de-suck
    love Ohio too..no desire to move away.
    It has a bit of everything from urban to industrial to farm land to Appalachian mountains to rivers and lakes (with a GREAT BIG one on the north shore)
    Enough biz/industry/science/edu/med tech etc to be financially healthy/stable

all of it within a 2 hour drive from anywhere
    It's a great state that doesn't have an overabundance of loozers, slackers and retards

Been all over the country and enjoyed several places
    But always good to come home where I live and plan to spend the rest of me days

..L.T.A.
  2. Bob Pruitt
    Bob Pruitt

Name:
    Robert Pruitt
    Kind of perfect for me living here. I'm the right age for it.
    I grew up in Los Angeles attended LA Schools back when they were great... Beach Boys music, car culture ... each town still had it's own identity ... hadn't grown all together into one big thing yet. Loved it there...back then.
    Moved to Santa Barbara when it was truly heaven...un-crowded and friendly...that changed too.
    Washington State for 5 years...beautiful place but I think you have to be born there to love it...or part of a small gene pool. Back to California and then out to Texas which was the first place I didn't clean carpets. Was semi-retired...but there was too much family drama...so back to Florida.
    I have lived in Florida twice and like I said it suites me for many reasons. Love being back in the Cleaning Business. Glad I live in the age of easy travel...2 hour flight to visit grand kids. I can live where ever I want and will do fine there...always have. Could skip the hurricanes though.
    Last edited: Apr 7, 2018
  3. Mikey P
    Mikey P

Administrator

Name:
    Mike Pay-oh-tay

How old are you Bob?
    Bob Pruitt likes this.
  4. Bob Pruitt
    Bob Pruitt

Name:
    Robert Pruitt
    62 until October.
    Matt Wood, Art Kelley and Mikey P like this.
  5. Hack Attack
    Hack Attack

Name:
    Dan
    Travelled through Europe love its history and cultures, but wouldn't want to live there for more than the short term.

Travelled through Asia love its food and just plain difference, wouldn't want live there longterm.

Seen a lil bit of USA, liked Seattle and surrounding area. Likewise San Francisco and surrounding area, hated L.A. (and lawdy not a fan of your food :eekk:)

Back in small town N.Z. and bout 40k pop in the area, lived elsewhere in our 2 largest cities but love being back after 20+ yrs away, the things I hated when I was 18 are the things I appreciate now. Still would love to travel just for the experience with no other purpose in mind, but the grass is greener where ever its been watered
    Last edited: Apr 8, 2018
    Lee Stockwell likes this.
  6. Mikey P
    Mikey P

Administrator

Name:
    Mike Pay-oh-tay

You left out the Where...
  7. Mike Draper
    Mike Draper

If i won the lottery tomorrow id stay right where im at. I love Cache Valley Utah. Summers are beautiful winters are as well. Lots of outdoor adventures, little to no crime, great people. Perfect place to raise a family.
    I can open my garage and drive my snowmobile up the canyon about a half mile up the road (pic below). Some of the best snowmobiling in the world. In the simmer we go camping and off roading in the Tacoma all over. Very happy here.
    6FFACD13-C071-462F-A97E-4092A7EF85DF.jpeg
  8. Cherokee
    Cherokee

Name:
    Matt Middleton
    Like Bob, I grew up in LA about the same time (I am 56). Surf city!

College drop out and moved to the Ozarks for so many changing reasons, hiking, biking, camping, kayaking etc. Now it is simply a great place to live. Clean air, rivers and lakes.

Started cleaning with a Rug Dr. graduated to Butlers.

If I had desire, time and wherewithal there are many places that would be nice to check out.

Cleaning and the Ozarks have been very kind to us. We are happy.

Attached Files:

Blue-Collar Hero and Bob Pruitt like this.
  9. Mark Saiger
    Mark Saiger

Mr Happy!

Name:
    Mark Saiger
    Grew up small town (and smaller than where I am now)

Don't know why my ancestors moved up here but maybe the cheap land at the time.

Farming family background (always playing with dirt)

Dad was band director.. Carpet cleaner... Followed in his footsteps but said I never would.

I took my band kids out of the small town to go compete with the big dogs... Always liked the challenge... And loved going and showing we were more than competitive... We were winners!

Challenges? Still taking them on but slowing down... Especially in the cold.

South some in the winter...

Grand kids and family here and it's great place to raise kids!

We will travel as much as we can... And probably wand as much as the next person until death as it's a passion.
    Art Kelley, Russ T., Nomad74 and 3 others like this.
  10. steve_64
    steve_64

I've lived in some places I didn't like. Love where I am now. Would be happy in other places but this is home now.
    Mikey P likes this.
  11. Small town janitorial
    Small town janitorial

Name:
    Matt Ross
    Crescent city ca. 20 min from the Oregon border. An ugly town, but that means cheap real estate, and I spend my recreational time Fishing, hunting, wheeling, camping. If you don't like California then move to the Oregon side of the border.
    Nomad74 and Mikey P like this.
  12. Mikey P
    Mikey P

Administrator

Name:
    Mike Pay-oh-tay
    Eastern Oregan is on my short list..

As is Prineville in the center
    Askal likes this.
  13. GreenTechAgain
    GreenTechAgain

Name:
    Ross Martin
    I grew up in a very urban area in northern NJ, about 10 miles west of NYC. Lived there till I was 48.

Currently living on the west coast of FL, about 45 minutes north of Tampa. Suburban, but with a lot of growth and quickly becoming overbuilt.

There are cattle farms, large retail developments and very large gated residential developments within 5 minutes of me.

Right now I am waiting for the area to get a little more "maxed out" and moving only about 20-30 minutes further north. Again, 15 minutes north of me there are wide open spaces.

I live in a moderate home in a moderate development. They are going to complete a major artery that will make getting to Clearwater, Tampa and St. Pete very easy.

When they are done with that it should make the market value of my house pretty high. Funny, when I bought it 5 years ago someone was talking about this and I thought they were full of it.
    Mikey P and Nomad74 like this.
  14. Mark Saiger
    Mark Saiger

Mr Happy!

Name:
    Mark Saiger
    What community?

Just bought a park model in Palm Harbor
  15. Papa John
    Papa John

Lifetime Supportive Member

Name:
    John Stewart
    Born here in SF but traveled to all but 7 states.
    lived in Oregon, Washington, Montana, Michigan, Minnesota, and Colorado.
    At 22 moved back to SF-- got tired of the snow and wanted to go to college.

I stay here because of the weather, food and too lazy to rebuild.
    My parents don't want me to move to Thailand until after they pass away.
    When I move to Thailand thinking of doing Hydro Phonics, bigger chicken farm or try Pig farming--- but only if I can master the no-smell pig farming technique.
  16. GreenTechAgain
    GreenTechAgain

Name:
    Ross Martin
    I live in New Port Richey, about 20 minutes north of Palm Harbor.

When you are local @Mark Saiger, ask about the Ridge Road extension. It's one traffic light away from me. Basically a direct route down to Tampa/New Tampa.
    Last edited: Apr 8, 2018
    Mark Saiger likes this.
  17. sOOper hero
    sOOper hero

Number 5

Name:
    Larry Capitoni

farmers here have enough sense to put the critter corrals and chicken coops down wind of their homes

09ea5462d60b55626047261765fe5e16_XL.jpg

.............................................................................................................................................................................

it's a shame such a beautiful state as California became so over grown with fruits 'n nuts running the show, that "normal" people want to escape the madness

.L.T.A.
    Papa John likes this.
  18. Papa John
    Papa John

Lifetime Supportive Member

Name:
    John Stewart
    Oddly the chickens and cows don't smell that bad--- but the 2 pigs we had stunk really bad!!
  19. sOOper hero
    sOOper hero

Number 5

Name:
    Larry Capitoni

don't let 'em in the front yard.....

woman-feeding-pigs1.jpg
    ..L.T.A.
  20. Hack Attack
    Hack Attack

Name:
    Dan