Where you are and where you could be..

Discussion in 'the Bird Room' started by Mikey P, Apr 7, 2018.

1. bob vawter
    bob vawter

Name:
    bob vawter
    I'm happy jus to BE here !
    Hack Attack and Nomad74 like this.
  2. scottw
    scottw

Supportive Member

Name:
    Scott Warrington
    Started out living just outside of Erie PA. Lived a few years in Florida in the late 1950;s and early 1960's. I liked it as a kid, but probably too grown up and commercialized now.

Spent the biggest part of my life in small town Tennessee. Loved the hills, mountains, streams and flora of the countryside. Maybe you have seen the Jack Daniel commercials with the entire population of Lynchburg in the commercial. That and a few more small towns were the market for my cleaning company.

Moved to the Salt Lake City area over 13 years ago for faith-based reasons. Not a bad place, but I don't like the long winters. It would be nice to be closer to family back in Tennessee. But, I am here for now.

Considering moving back to Tennessee sometime. Would also consider moving to some other warmer spot like central America.
  3. Askal
    Askal

Name:
    Al
    Really nice to see most here where they want to be. I'm 63. Lived in beautiful Southern Oregon for 41 years. Semi retired for 13 years. Think this will always be my home base with a travel time of 4 months a year. Love Hawaii and my RV trips and a few motorcycle trips a year.
  4. darcie smith
    darcie smith

Name:
    darcie smith
    I'm stuck about 40 minutes north of where I grew up in western PA. Scott loves it here so we're staying, but I would prefer either a city or somewhere warmer. I lived in NYC for four years and loved it, and I could see myself somewhere desert or tropical.
  5. Chris A
    Chris A

Name:
    Chris
    I like where I live. 4 real seasons, low cost of living. I'm 20 minutes from a mid sized City and 40 minutes from CLE which has everything you could possibly want to do. And I'm an hour and a half from my boat at the lake Erie islands which is the only other place I'd rather be on the weekends
    sOOper hero, Lee Stockwell and Askal like this.