Which fan will work better for drying carpet?

ruff

Name
Ofer Kolton
I have the Studebaker fan, it's a beast. But it is heavy and takes lots of space.

1) Which of the following, will dry the carpet faster?

Will the Triad or the low profile thrust fans:
oe-lpa1000b-ea.jpg

Am I better off with a Dri Pod:
dp-dripod-ea.jpg

Or one of the mini air movers, like the Omni Dry mini or what Hydramaster is having a sale on:

showimg.php

2) And which is more likely to survive the back van environment?

steve_64

I have three dry pods and love them. But you can get two for one of the ones on sale.

I can also carry four of the dry pods in one trip.

I have a Studebaker collecting dust.

ruff

Name
Ofer Kolton
Ron and Desky, I know what the study can do. Got one (actually had two).

Which of the three mentioned (desky please read the label, aham question :winky:) will do the best drying job?

The Dri Pods do not seem to be durable. And are known to fall apart relatively quickly from posts here. And the Airpath shoots all the dust bunnies all over the middle of the room after the cleaning, tilts or dislodges frames on/from the wall and makes children and small mammals, airborne.

I tell you Dorothy!

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
Ron and Desky, I know what the study can do. Got one (actually had two).

Which of the three mentioned (desky please read the label, aham question :winky:) will do the best drying job?

The Dri Pods do not seem to be durable. And are known to fall apart relatively quickly from posts here. And the Airpath shoots all the dust bunnies all over the middle of the room after the cleaning, tilts or dislodges frames on/from the wall and makes children and small mammals, airborne.

I tell you Dorothy!
I have this little one that I got at the Vegas show. Half the size of a traditional dryer but very powerful for its size. 3 speeds and 2 additional outlets for daisy chaining. I am going to pick up 2 or 3 more. Won't blow the pictures off the wall. I think it's made by omni. They advertise here. Stackable on its side.

Attachments

• IMG_20170327_180113.jpg
    IMG_20170327_180113.jpg
    131 KB · Views: 216
Reactions: ruff

Mark Saiger

Mr Happy!
Name
Mark Saiger
My little minis sure work well.

Thinking I need to jump in on the group buy for a couple more....

We have used them everyday since we got them. Really been impressed with setting them in a door way of a room after cleaning and doing some speed drying.

Very impressed, and again the smaller equipment getting used because easier to handle and take off the trucks....and these have great impact...so win - win

Ron K

I have three AP's,one Velo, and three Omnis. Just for drying the AP works the best but you know that. The Velo and Omni don't really move air on the carpet they blow over the carpet which I think does not make them as good at drying. Turn you AP's on before you groom or try couple of extra drying strokes get a Zipper open a window or just give up. I choose the last option and bought two more AP's. The others just didn't do the trick. I wish the others had a more "directional" air flow directed at and across the carpet. The Omni and Velo have the option of pointing ,only,up but thats not where the carpet is.
Maybe there is a market for a medium sized Studibaker?!?

Mikey P

Administrator
Yeah Ofer, just give up.

:icon_rolleyes:

Any air movement is good air movement

When you get out of SF and all that humidity and humanity, you'll be amazed how quick carpets can dry.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom