WHich glide do you prefer?

F

FB7777

Presently I carry 2 greenhorn wands on my truck

1 has a slot glide and the other has a hole glide

I interchange wands depending on the carpet... berber and commercial loop get the hole glided wand as well as area rugs

slot gets the rest

I've never tried the Hybrid glide... is it the best of both worlds in one glide or do you find that each glide has its own specialty depending on the situation?

Thanks
Fred

Mikey P

Administrator
If I had to live with just one it would be the Hybrid.

We are currently running a Hybrid GG and a Banana Gide which only come as a Hybrid

After a week long break in I'm very happy with the Nanner.

it is half a slot too wide though.

Greenie

If you don't run a vortex, and you have two wands, get a hole and a slot, they have their place. If you run a vortex the slot is really hard to push still, and to be honest 17"hg can pull a lot of crud through a hybrid still, so you don't really NEED a slot.

If you run just one wand, get a hybrid.

If you prevac everything stay with the cadillac...the holed glide.

And if you clean RUGS ask GG if they have a "rug glide" for your wand, you probably don't want it for wall to wall, but it's the best of all worlds on thick natural fibers.

G

Most resi I use the hole glide, empty rentals usually gets the hybrid, most commercial I use no glide. I have one wand, an AW29 .

Greenie

If yours is a genuine GG, you are entitled to exchange it for a holed version, just contact the Mfg.

In reality, on a #4 blower TM there is only a slight difference between push and dry, so I wouldn't sweat it, you may miss that little bit of debris pick up you currently enjoy.

And yes, to what Mikey said.

Lefty724

Name
E
Mikey P said:
Edgar needs to come borrow my Lunchpail and hole wand for a few hours.
Greenie said:
If yours is a genuine GG, you are entitled to exchange it for a holed version, just contact the Mfg.

In reality, on a #4 blower TM there is only a slight difference between push and dry, so I wouldn't sweat it, you may miss that little bit of debris pick up you currently enjoy.

And yes, to what Mikey said.

It is a GG Greenie......and Yes Mikey, I need to take a look at the "lunchpail" as the TNT is very, very high on my list for a new TM in the coming year! Right now, I am down to 2 units and the Judson is one of them.

Ron Werner

Name
Ron Werner
Is this like registering your weapons??? :roll:

One greenhorn which I interchange hybrid and holed
Hybrid on restaurants, holed on residential.
I'm using the hybrid on res as well, got lazy and haven't changed it over yet.

If I had to take just one, I'd go hybrid.
Or maybe I'd take the holed glide and just open the holes a wee bit.

Greenie

"Or maybe I'd take the holed glide and just open the holes a wee bit."

That is why the hybrid was created.

I won't go into how many holes per linear inch and why...got to leave something for the rest to figure out. :wink:

Ryan

I use a hybrid green glide and love it. I have mine sealed with silicon. You guys who change yours on and off what size blowers are you running to do that. I would like to get a holed glide, but I'm afraid I will lose too much vacuum by not sealing my glide. I'm running a unrestricted roots 3.3 blower turning it at 3000 rpm.

Greenie

Ryan, keep yours sealed, same goes for most porties. Unless the glide has a spectacular fit, a little sealant is good on small machines, especially given the variability of wands these glides are mated to.

truckmount girl

1800greenglides
Name
Lisa Smith
Ryan, you will actually get more vacuum with a hole. Everyone needs to study the Ameteck Lamb charts (I know they come with the vac motors and I believe they are published online as well) and discover the curves of cfm, lift and total orifice size.

Take care,
Lisa

Johnny

Supportive Member
Name
Johnny
25/47, 14"GG. Always pre-vac. Hole-glide everything except RX long, dense shags.

Wanna play like Stevie Ray.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom